Let's Talk Digital

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Postby jonas » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:37 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:
jonas wrote:
T-Rex wrote:Jonas,
padinig PAGpina-home-audition sayo as I would be interested to find out if the samsung will finally be dethroned.
jonas wrote:ill just pretend i didnt get your original reply to my PM

Nasty ba :?:

I don't really give a HOOT of how it will sound in your room pal. As for me I believe I have been generous enough to invite you to bring your "gear" over my place. No sense in you getting all worked up if I wouldn't like to let you borrow my babies pal.

I hope you can put a closure to these dream of yours and settle with the wonderful sound of your Samsung hehehe.

SC

t-rex, nasty nga! ganyan ang magaling na negosyante, suplado sa potential customer. pag mag-order ka ng maraming mangga sa kanya, pinamimigay nga lang nya yang trivista nya bilang reward ba ala MLM, then hihiramin mo lang, ayaw.

i guess i will just settle with the wonderful sound AND picture of my samsung!
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Donlovejoy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:41 pm

To all digital lovers

Check out his DAC: Benchmark DAC1, it has been highly rated and has a lot of awards. Complete with xlr/rca out, AESEBU, BNC, Toslink and most important autovolt no problem in coverting it if you bought form the US.

For more info:
www.benchmarkmedia.com
Last edited by Donlovejoy on Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donlovejoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Killer Mike » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:42 pm

Mangga? Magkano kilo? I usually but 5 to 10kilos :)
Killer Mike
Legend
Legend

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:51 pm

Donlovejoy wrote:"I have isolated my audio setup from my video for best results..integrating them together would only add to confusion. The fantastic sound derived from today's DTS CD, SACD and DVD AUDIO multichannel software is staggering. The sky's the limit for DIGITAL indeed like a TSUNAMI it can only leave analog turntables ALL WET! Being married to the turntable long ago and all it's inherent and pathetic defects has taught me to go DIGITAL.

The next time you listen to your vinyl classical records be still and hear the quiet subtle passages if the surface noise and the TICKS and POPS to go doesn't bother you for you can neither hear it or care, be not alarmed for you are already DEAD to the music. Ask any concertmaster what their premium is to absolute silence when they perform. Their ears are so keen to hear the slightest noise and misplaying of any member in the orchestra! Geeze if people can't get that together then just like Ivor I'll be
needing my medications to understand their hold on analog. Hehe good thing GOD gave us DIGITAL for now we are closest to the music."

As Quoted from Softclipper, I say amen to that: 101% I AGREE

Michael Fremer Analog Corner of Stereophile is beginning to love SACD

Hello Donlovejoy,

For a newbie in this forum you make a lot more sense than many of the what shall we call em` errr "audiophiles" around here. I tell you just to mention the fact that even MF likes SACD today in here takes a lot of GUTS buddy.

Hehe I'm pretty sure that if anyone really is serious with their "listening" of music there should be no doubt about the fact that CLEAN sound without the annoying TICKS and POPS plus the host of other evils is the only way to go.

To love the NOISE together with the music is tantamount to heresy to hi fidelity at it's very extreme. We were all born under the traditional influence of yesterday's analog however today we can free ourselves from the gutter by simply being honest to ourselves.

The main reason some here don't wanna audition my digital gear at my place is simply because they are scared sheep to hear the best! They can't even bring their gear to my home to prove it to themselves if it's better.

Instead the LAME excuses we read are evident. When I got my Trivista I auditioned them from the supplier, simply put I was compelled to buy without any hesitation.Why so you may ask? The sound I heard simply moved me, I knew and heard a good thing when I auditioned the Trivista.

Now to pathetically suggest to Melvyn Chua for me to bring it home and see how it sounds in my most unforgiving room would have been very rude on my part. This inspite the fact he would have agreed. As long as would be "audiophiles" actually pretenders listen to NOISE never even intended to be included in the recording but merely as an offshoot of a tragic and outdated means of reproducing music, DIGITAL will forever continue to shine.

May your tribe increase, by the way if you venture into the DIGITAL DTS CD format you can ask the guys at MONTAGE to give you a sampler in order for you to hear it. Or you can pm me and I'll loan you mine :)

Ohh almost forgot the only good thing about vinyl is the POPCORN .. you can listen to em` while watching your favorite DVD and there's no snacks around LOL!

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby jonas » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:13 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:
The main reason some here don't wanna audition my digital gear at my place is simply because they are scared sheep to hear the best! They can't even bring their gear to my home to prove it to themselves if it's better.

Now to pathetically suggest to Melvyn Chua for me to bring it home and see how it sounds in my most unforgiving room would have been very rude on my part
SC

i guess home auditioning audio equipment is a no-no. no wonder abenson and western doesnt allow it. you guys in wiredstate better stop this home auditioning practice, its downright RUDE!

sorry for trying out your equipment sonny, rene, t-rex, epoy, george,nico,eric,dino,hyperion
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:20 pm

jonas wrote:
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:

Now to pathetically suggest to Melvyn Chua for me to bring it home and see how it sounds in my most unforgiving room would have been very rude on my part
SC

i guess home auditioning audio equipment is a no-no. no wonder abenson and western doesnt allow it. you guys in wiredstate better stop this home auditioning practice, its downright RUDE!

jonas

Of course it is rude more so from you, remember the last time you auditioned and reserved to buy my MF gear only to cancel it change your mind to buy again etc etc? :)

Dalin mo dito "gear" mo and let's see if you have something errr worthwhile this is a challenge to you and BTW my Trivista is not for sale hehehe. You can bring your ABBA cd if you like too LOL!

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby Donlovejoy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:34 pm

"Hello Donlovejoy,

For a newbie in this forum you make a lot more sense than many of the what shall we call em` errr "audiophiles" around here. I tell you just to mention the fact that even MF likes SACD today in here takes a lot of GUTS buddy.

Hehe I'm pretty sure that if anyone really is serious with their "listening" of music there should be no doubt about the fact that CLEAN sound without the annoying TICKS and POPS plus the host of other evils is the only way to go.

To love the NOISE together with the music is tantamount to heresy to hi fidelity at it's very extreme. We were all born under the traditional influence of yesterday's analog however today we can free ourselves from the gutter by simply being honest to ourselves.

Instead the LAME excuses we read are evident. When I got my Trivista I auditioned them from the supplier, simply put I was compelled to buy without any hesitation.Why so you may ask? The sound I heard simply moved me, I knew and heard a good thing when I auditioned the Trivista.

Now to pathetically suggest to Melvyn Chua for me to bring it home and see how it sounds in my most unforgiving room would have been very rude on my part. This inspite the fact he would have agreed. As long as would be "audiophiles" actually pretenders listen to NOISE never even intended to be included in the recording but merely as an offshoot of a tragic and outdated means of reproducing music, DIGITAL will forever continue to shine.

May your tribe increase, by the way if you venture into the DIGITAL DTS CD format you can ask the guys at MONTAGE to give you a sampler in order for you to hear it. Or you can pm me and I'll loan you mine

Ohh almost forgot the only good thing about vinyl is the POPCORN .. you can listen to em` while watching your favorite DVD and there's no snacks around LOL! "

SoftClipper

Thanks a lot Softclipper
I may be a newbie on this furom but I'm an audiophile for the past 15 year, ang tagal na pala, i use to remember my first system Nakamichi Integrated amp (Stasis), Nakamichi CD player (7 disk music Bank), Nakamichi Tape deck. Well for Mr. Fremer, I read it at Stereophile.
Donlovejoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jonas » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:02 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:
Of course it is rude more so from you, remember the last time you auditioned and reserved to buy my MF gear only to cancel it change your mind to buy again etc etc? :)

Dalin mo dito "gear" mo and let's see if you have something errr worthwhile this is a challenge to you and BTW my Trivista is not for sale hehehe. You can bring your ABBA cd if you like too LOL!

SC

is that how you remember it?, i guess my memory is failing me. i remember it was YOU who cancelled at the last minute.and when you tried to come back, i already sealed the deal with somebody else.
but then again people who owe money to a lot of people tend to have selective memories, di ba?

jueteng wrote:
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:SoFtCliPpEr <--------- ala trabaho mayaman na LOL! So I have all the time to answer you here LOL!

Mayaman? Totoo yan, marami ka ng naloko sa Pyramid Scam. Ngayon, niloloko mo pa newbies para bumili sa yo ng audio. Inggit ako sa yo. Gusto ko rin maging mayaman tulad mo. Ako kasi ay isang mahirap lamang.

bring ALL my ABBA CDs? ang dami nun!! how about my abba records, magazines, DVDs, etc. eh deep purple? puede rin?

i dont think i should go bring my equipment to your place. baka ma -raid tayo ng NBI... hirap na, maganda pangalan ko eh.
Last edited by jonas on Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby iceman90a » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:37 pm

ahem... mawalang galang po, medyo nag iinit na naman usapan

basa muna tayo :)

viewtopic.php?t=5294
iceman90a
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:20 pm

iceman90a wrote:ahem... mawalang galang po, medyo nag iinit na naman usapan

basa muna tayo :)

viewtopic.php?t=5294

Hehe panay kasi paninira niyan saksakan naman ng barat mamili. Para pang babae magdesisyon gusto niya tikman muna lahat sa hule ende naman tutupad sa usapan dyahe sa mga katoto niyang analogista.

On his apprehension baka ma raid ng NBI pagpunta niya dito sa bahay ko,malamang siya ang pakay hehe.. no problem eh di magsama pa siya ng PSG, I could be Osama Bin Laden for all I care. LOL I guess I hit your soft spot eh jonas a.k.a mr.porma ala naman pera, cash usapan magbabayad ka ng tsekeng PDC hahaha. Keep your ill gotten money jonas mga pipitsugin mong "gear" like the A3.2 nagamit ko na yan bro.. tunog SS yan, haha mag tube ka para ende masyado matalas mga ABBA cd mo. Mag Sonus Faber ka din lang ende pa Cremona binili mo maybe ayaw tanggapin tseke mo ng Upscale ano? By the way I also junked my Auditors kasi mas maganda talaga tumunog ang Ls35'a's na hangad mong arborin hehe.

The only reason you want to get my babies in your home is to have your wife consent kung puedeng pagkagastusan yan mga pinagbibili mo. Hehehe ugaling "tigas" yan pre. Talk DIGITAL in this thread your off topic contributions are of no value here except to you alone hehe.

Now back to the topic on hand in this thread here are some FAQ's on DTS surround sound. This new DIGITAL format will prove to be a welcome addition to the formats benefits.

1. How does DVD-Audio compare to CD?

2. Why is it that DTS Entertainment DVD-As are compatible with all DVD-Video players, but other labels’ DVD-As are not necessarily compatible?

3. Do I need special equipment to play DVD-Audio and 5.1 Music titles?

4. Will DTS-E continue to produce 5.1 Music Discs in addition to DVD-A titles?

5. Where can I find a complete list of DTS Entertainment music titles?

6. Where can I purchase DTS Entertainment’s 5.1 Music Discs and DVD-Audio music titles?

How does DVD-Audio compare to CD?

DVD-Audio improves upon CD just as DVD-Video improves upon VHS. DVD-A offers better sound quality as well as 5.1surround sound and video extras. Every DTS Entertainment DVD-Audio title includes MLP tracks for DVD-Audio players and receivers with six inputs, plus DTS 5.1 tracks for DVD-Video players with DTS Digital Out capability.

Why is it that DTS Entertainment DVD-As are compatible with all DVD-Video players, but other labels’ DVD-As are not necessarily compatible?
The DVD-Audio technical specifications describe “DVD-Video compatibility” as an option, not a mandatory feature. While DTS-E believes that all titles should offer such a valuable feature, some content providers may choose to market discs that are only designed to play on the new DVD-Audio players. Ultimately, it’s the consumers who will decide how important such compatibility really is by their purchasing trends.

Do I need special equipment to play DVD-Audio and 5.1 Music titles?
DTS Entertainment DVD-Audio titles can be enjoyed on any DVD player. To experience the incredible 5.1 surround mixes on these DVD-Audio and/or 5.1 Music Discs, all you need is a DTS-capable 5.1 sound system… consisting of a DVD player, a 5.1-channel receiver, plus 5 speakers and a subwoofer.

Will DTS-E continue to produce 5.1 Music Discs in addition to DVD-A titles?
Yes. The 5.1 Music Discs are very popular with consumers who simply prefer instant access to great-sounding 5.1 music tracks. In addition to great 5.1 tracks, the DVD-Audio titles also include “stereo” tracks for people who have not yet upgraded into 5.1 Digital Surround, plus video extras, such as menu screens, photo galleries and select music videos.

Where can I find a complete list of DTS Entertainment music titles?
You can find a comprehensive description of every DTS Entertainment title – both 5.1 Music Discs and DVD-Audio discs – at www.dtsEntertainment.com, or through the DTS Quick Reference Guide. Both the web site and reference guide are updated often.

Where can I purchase DTS Entertainment’s 5.1 Music Discs and DVD-Audio music titles?
Many record retailers now stock a wide assortment of DTS Entertainment’s 5.1 Music Discs and DVD-A titles, including all Best Buy, Tower and Sam Goody stores. You can also find these DTS-E music titles at all of the major online retailers, as well as the DTS OnLine Store, at www.dtsonline.com.

Copyright © 2005 DTS

As a footnote the DTS complete line of releases are now available at the following retail outlets namely MONTAGE located at the bridgeway of Greenbelt 4 and at Fully Booked at the Powerplant.

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:29 pm

Donlovejoy wrote:"Hello Donlovejoy,

May your tribe increase, by the way if you venture into the DIGITAL DTS CD format you can ask the guys at MONTAGE to give you a sampler in order for you to hear it. Or you can pm me and I'll loan you mine

Ohh almost forgot the only good thing about vinyl is the POPCORN .. you can listen to em` while watching your favorite DVD and there's no snacks around LOL! "

SoftClipper

Thanks a lot Softclipper
I may be a newbie on this furom but I'm an audiophile for the past 15 year, ang tagal na pala, i use to remember my first system Nakamichi Integrated amp (Stasis), Nakamichi CD player (7 disk music Bank), Nakamichi Tape deck. Well for Mr. Fremer, I read it at Stereophile.

Donlovejoy,

Those gear you mentioned were really good one's eh? Except the CD which sort of gets choosy from time to time with every CD. I got to own a NAKPA7 amp and of course the NAK Dragon.

During those days I was taping records from my Linn LP12,well all things must come to pass and would never regret my convictions to turn to DIGITAL.

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby jonas » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:52 pm

despite all advice of my friends, ....ang sarap patulan eh!

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:
Hehe panay kasi paninira niyan saksakan naman ng barat mamili. Para pang babae magdesisyon .SC

baka magalit sa iyo mga babae natin sa forum! iniinsulto mo sila! barat ako because my funds are limited and hard-earned
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:On his apprehension baka ma raid ng NBI pagpunta niya dito sa bahay ko,malamang siya ang pakay SC

ok, ill just forward the address you PM'd me to NBI, BIR and SEC
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:eh jonas a.k.a mr.porma ala naman pera, cash usapan magbabayad ka ng tsekeng PDC SC

oo, wala nga akong pera eh. kaya PDC lang kaya ko!!
SoFtCliPpEr wrote: . Mag Sonus Faber ka din lang ende pa Cremona binili mo maybe ayaw tanggapin tseke mo ng Upscale ano? SC

i cant afford cremona kahit i-sale pa ng upscale.
SoFtCliPpEr wrote: Talk DIGITAL in this thread your off topic contributions are of no value here except to you alone hehe.SC

digital ko naman to sinimulan, i wanted to audition your trivista because im so tired of ticks and pops, dami mo nang sinabi, eh. the value of this thread is to provide entertainment for everybody. i can assure you a lot of people are being entertained
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:58 pm

jonas wrote:despite all advice of my friends, ....ang sarap patulan eh!

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:
Hehe panay kasi paninira niyan saksakan naman ng barat mamili. Para pang babae magdesisyon .SC

baka magalit sa iyo mga babae natin sa forum! iniinsulto mo sila! barat ako because my funds are limited and hard-earned
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:On his apprehension baka ma raid ng NBI pagpunta niya dito sa bahay ko,malamang siya ang pakay SC

ok, ill just forward the address you PM'd me to NBI, BIR and SEC
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:eh jonas a.k.a mr.porma ala naman pera, cash usapan magbabayad ka ng tsekeng PDC SC

oo, wala nga akong pera eh. kaya PDC lang kaya ko!!
SoFtCliPpEr wrote: . Mag Sonus Faber ka din lang ende pa Cremona binili mo maybe ayaw tanggapin tseke mo ng Upscale ano? SC

i cant afford cremona kahit i-sale pa ng upscale.
SoFtCliPpEr wrote: Talk DIGITAL in this thread your off topic contributions are of no value here except to you alone hehe.SC

digital ko naman to sinimulan, i wanted to audition your trivista because im so tired of ticks and pops, dami mo nang sinabi, eh. the value of this thread is to provide entertainment for everybody. i can assure you a lot of people are being entertained

I hope your the complainant ok coz` there ain't any I know LOL!!!

For those who intend to know the true value of DIGITAL you can freely come to SC new playroom at Unit 404 One Primrose Place Boni Ave., Mandaluyong City. For those who may have any complaints as alledged by mr. porma make sure you can validate your claims unlike this viscious maligner who pretends to be a good man.

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby JackD201 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:19 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:
JackD201 wrote:I'm still on medication after reading this one..surething but why spend 4,500 bucks when you can get the same distorted NOISE on a cheaper turntable? LOL!

Have some more medication, it might do you good. :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jo2 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:55 pm

SoFtCliPpEr,

Some WS members here like TURNTABLE and some like CD/SACD.

I like "digital" and I like "Analog."

This issue about LP/Vinyl Versus CD/SACD had been discussed for the NTH times on most AUDIO Forums here and outside WS.

Why I don't understand is why dig up a long time buried discussion?

I believe both formats should co-exist.

To settle on what formats to choose is irrelevant on one's preference.

I know, You're intelligent enough to understand this. Since you mentioned that you use to be a TT user and moved on.

Some are still enjoying the TT way to experience music at home but others took the plunged ( like me) and tried to explore other avenues out there!

Pabayaan mo na lang sila! Dun sila masaya!

My friendly advice?

Maraming matitigas ulo!

They heard and noticed you regarding your experience and knowledge with "DIGITAL."

They'll remember you one day. I hope :)

"tama nga ba o mali si SoFtCliPpEr!?"

Sa akin lang, I'll keep playing LP/Vinyl and at the same time play CD/SACD in my system.

Meyroon bang nalalaro! If you know what I mean. :wink:
jo2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jonas » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:10 pm

as always jo2's is the voice of reason and sensibility after all the non-audio related mudslinging.

i WOULD like to be convinced OUT of analog for the plain and simple reason that analog requires a lot of tender loving care plus im usually limited to buying used records since new records are hard to come by in manila and they're usually more expensive. but unfortunately i havent heard a CD player playing music that i like more than my TT. this probably shows how limited my exposure is to high end CD players. the most analog sounding CD player i have heard is a consonance tube output CD player amplified by Conrad johnson tube pre and power amp. but the airiness, crispness and 3 dimensionality (and groove echo?) of my TT is still i what i hunger for when listening to CDs. maybe the trivista is the answer ,hence, my sincere interest to home audition it in my set-up because it is in my home where i will be listening to it.

btw, in my whole life, i have never been called porma. so SC's comments are flattering.maybe SC was just being sarcastic or maybe my taste and looks are just improving. i dont pretend to be a good man because i am not. but i am law-abiding, there is a difference. i wouldn't take other people's money unless they're getting something or a service that's worth their money. and i definitely dont have a record with the NBI!
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Audiogeek » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:27 am

I have been to ANALOG in the mid 80s and it's one hell of caregiver job. I gave it all up and junked all my roun a 100 records. What i dont like about LPs is that you hear a lot of noises and etc, etc, etc, which are not really an inhirent part of the recordings and music.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audionookie » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:53 am

Hey SC,

Keep the peace Bro! Don't be negated by their dumbfounding sillyness!

Digital Is The Future!!!
audionookie

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:01 am

SACD and DVD-A are the future. CD is the present, LP is the past. The whole problem is that we are in that nexus caused not by the lack of technology but by the realities of economics. I do hope there are more people to carry the torch for the much improved digital formats, for the simple reason that with a small market base we'll have fewer titles to chose from. At this point we may have CDs for a much longer time than we would like much like flying in a 40 year old 747, when tech could have given us supersonic widebodies 20 years ago.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Audiogeek » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:25 am

JackD201 wrote:At this point we may have CDs for a much longer time than we would like much like flying in a 40 year old 747, when tech could have given us supersonic widebodies 20 years ago.

I totally agree that CD is in for a longer time and they are in for a good fight cos a lot of hirez cds are coming out now, recorded from a 24bit/192khz digital transfer, much like the SACD and DVD Audio in audiophile listening.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Digital