Let's Talk Digital

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Postby audiobuds » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:02 pm

P280,000 for a Trivista

that's the price you need to pay to experience music in space :D :lol: :D

did i say Digital Planet?

good for me i can only afford a china made cayin cdp :wink:
audiobuds
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:10 pm

For P280T smakeroos, I could buy the complete range of KONKA "all-in one" digital players at Makati Cinema Square. :) May libre pa fake DVD of my choice - I just have to make sure na walang raid si pareng Edu. 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:42 pm

Oh, to the Digital gurus like soFtCliPpEr, maybe you could help me. :roll:

Which would be the best bang for the buck in terms of those "all-in one" players being sold at Makati Cinema Square :?: Some recommend to buy the more expensive NEXTBASE units selling for about P4T. :) However, some Digital experts at Makati Cinema Square say that the other brands such as KONKA, AKIRA, HUG, ORANGE etc. , etc., which are priced less than P3T can hold its own when compared to the more expensive NEXTBASE.

What's your take on this :?: Do you think the higher-end NEXTBASE units are more "analog sounding" than the rest of the pack :?: Do you think the NEXTBASE units incorporate "better" chips :?: Salesmen say that NEXTBASE is the best. :roll: But again, would you believe a statement coming from a salesman who has selfish/evil intentions :?: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

BTW, I saw some units already incorporating amplifiers in one single unit. 8) As to anything digital, these would be the best as this would be very CONVENIENT to use. :) Being more convenient, would this be a better option :?: :roll:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:00 pm

Donlovejoy wrote:Pioneer Universal player nowadays have become more sophisticated but luckily enough for us the price has gone down. I just bought a Pioneer universal player model 667, I plan to buy the 655, but the latest at that time was the 667, which was cheaper than the 655, so ayun nabili ko 667, i only use the digital output (toslink) of the 667 thru a Monster Optical Reference cable and hooked it to a Monarchy Audio DIP-Super Drive after it was reclocked and the jitter removed the output from the DIP was through its BNC digital coax output, a YAMAMURA Millenium series BNC-COAXIAL digital cable was used to connect it to the PROCEED DAP Digital to Analog Converter which is connected to my Audio Research tube preamp via XLR/Balanced mode Madrigal HPC xlr/balance cable was used also the same cable use to connect the ARC tube preamp to my KRELL FPB series power amp. The sound was fantastic, although the source was only an entry level pioneer Universal player, but after going though this process the final sound was high end.

FANTASTIC!!! See what a little tweaking can do eh? For the miserable souls still hooked on analogue turntables may I suggest a humble Miyata digital player to free you from your bondage. Hehe were in the 21st century boys DIGITAL is IN and here to stay.

I always wonder why price is such a fuss on my Trivista, there should be no boundaries to excellence! Now if you're not blessed enough to buy one get the Miyata you'll still get the results you need in terms of sound reproduction compared to the annoying surface noise on your vinyl :lol:

Be advised that todays DTS cd alone has proven to be the next best alternative to vinyl recordings not to mention the wealth of music and high resolution one can discover in SACD and DVD Audio. Truth really hurts for many a wizard of the spin, however don't be alarmed your salvation will be near. Have faith in Digital it will set you free.

My thanks for those who continue to read through this thread more so among the many ANALOGISTA'S out there just remember SoFtClIpPer, hates analogue sound (i.e ticks and pops) but loves the the ANALOGISTA anyway. All your comments are taken in good stead for the eternal glory of DIGITAL in the end CHEERS!

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:10 pm

sinar wrote:if analog is jurassic, why then there's so many reissue of classic vinyls and musical fidelity, for the first time is venturing into the analog hardware?!

I believe we don't throw away something just because it's a bit beat up huh. I'm planning on my next trip to HongKong to buy an LP12 with an EKKOS arm minus the cartridge, for I don't intend to play the thing. Just place it on the pedestal to look it at would be most appropriate thing to do to please my senses hehe.

If you're an avid collector of vinyl may I suggest from time to time for you to read the obituary pages. Try to contact the bereaved families if their dearly beloved left any records behind for you to buy. I know of people who have stumbled unto gold mines doing this GOOD LUCK pal.

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:13 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:may I suggest a humble Miyata digital player to free you from your bondage.

How much is this :?: Can this brand be auditioned at those Makati Cinema Square stalls :?: Please post a picture. :)

Does this brand have a built-in amp :?: I'm gearing towards this type of "all-in one" players. :)

How did you find the sound :?:
Last edited by m_shoe_maker on Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:14 pm

[quote="m_shoe_maker"]Oh, to the Digital gurus like soFtCliPpEr, maybe you could help me. :roll:

Which would be the best bang for the buck in terms of those "all-in one" players being sold at Makati Cinema Square :?: Some recommend to buy the more expensive NEXTBASE units selling for about P4T. :) However, some Digital experts at Makati Cinema Square say that the other brands such as KONKA, AKIRA, HUG, ORANGE etc. , etc., which are priced less than P3T can hold its own when compared to the more expensive NEXTBASE.

What's your take on this :?: Do you think the higher-end NEXTBASE units are more "analog sounding" than the rest of the pack :?: Do you think the NEXTBASE units incorporate "better" chips :?: Salesmen say that NEXTBASE is the best. :roll: But again, would you believe a statement coming from a salesman who has selfish/evil intentions :?: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Hey shoe, hehe I don't think I can help you out am not an EENT.
See one so you can maybe hear the music and appreciate it minus the ticks and pops which your great brain has already accepted. :P
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:18 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:may I suggest a humble Miyata digital player to free you from your bondage.

How much is this :?: Can this brand be auditioned at those Makati Cinema Square stalls :?: Please post a picture. :)

Does this brand have a built-in amp :?: I'm gearing towards this type of "all-in one" players. :)

How did you find the sound :?:

Very cheap bro! You can audition em` at greenhills tiange area. Now as to how it sounds that is for you to discover :)
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:22 pm

I personally like the KONKA. :) Mukang value for money. :) I don't know if its just me, but IMHO it has that ZEN / Feng Shui sounding brand name. 8) It must be good then. :roll:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:30 pm

My concern about the KONKA is reliability. :roll: OK kaya to :?: Hows the after sales service of this brand :?: :roll:

Kasi, at least with the NEXTBASE, may warranty. :) I think this is the safest Digital "all-in one" thing to purchase. :roll:

But then again, maganda talaga dating ng KONKA name for me. 8)

Hirap talaga mag decide........ :x
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:33 pm

So guys, lets talk digital......

Will it be a KONKA, a NEXTBASE, or as softclipper recommended, a MIYATA :?:

Help me decide. :? Pleeeeezzzzzzzzzz 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:50 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:So guys, lets talk digital......

Whatever turns you on shoe LOL why not buy all and have a party? You'll never have to worry about your cartridge again. No more rumble, no more TICKS and POPS or warpped records like what you sold to Rene hehe :) cheers!
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby iceman90a » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:54 pm

consider also the following brands: very good in reading media, mp3, wma, divx

Kebao
Extreme
Lexing

:)
iceman90a
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:57 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:

Whatever turns you on shoe LOL why not buy all and have a party? You'll never have to worry about your cartridge again. No more rumble, no more TICKS and POPS or warpped records like what you sold to Rene hehe :) cheers!

I'd love to. :) Sad to say, I don't have that much moolah. :( I have to settle for only 1. :(

Being a Digital guy, what would you honestly think would be the best from the brands I mentioned :?: :roll:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:59 pm

iceman90a wrote:

consider also the following brands: very good in reading media, mp3, wma, divx

Kebao
Extreme
Lexing

:)

This is more like it :!:

Many thanks for the heads-up iceman90a. :)

Now lets talk digital some more..........
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Yes, I did remember seeing the brand KEBAO. :) What bothers me though is the sound it makes when you pronounce the brand name. :roll: Parang bulok na pagkain ang dating. :roll: The stuff pigs eat if you get my drift. :lol:

Anyway, I know its unfair to judge the quality of a brand by means of its brand name. :( But its still hard to imagine myself buying something that sounds like KEBAO.

Guys, try this; say KEBAO very load inside the bathroom while you are taking a crap.....

KEBAO

Now having said that, would you buy a KEBAO :?: :P
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:09 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:Yes, I did remember seeing the brand KEBAO. :) What bothers me though is the sound it makes when you pronounce the brand name. :roll: Parang bulok na pagkain ang dating. :roll: The stuff pigs eat if you get my drift. :lol:

Anyway, I know its unfair to judge the quality of a brand by means of its brand name. :( But its still hard to imagine myself buying something that sounds like KEBAO.

Guys, try this; say KEBAO very load inside the bathroom while you are taking a crap.....

KEBAO

Maybe so shoe coz you're still dreaming of a KOETSU eh? Dream on pal! Hehehehe.
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:09 pm

EXTREME :roll:

Now this has potential. 8) Parang X-Games ang dating. :) Malamang ang sound nito very dynamic. :) Digital Dynamic :!: Naks :!: :twisted:

EXTREME

Sounds good :!: Sounds very good indeed :!: :)

Any feedback on EXTREME brands :?:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:14 pm

Here in this thread we can still talk about turntables. We can see that Mr.Shoe is around to remind everybody he's not jurassic. The word has apparently caused him to react accordingly.

Perhaps the great mentor of spin could dare to share the beauty which has overcome him in his search for hi fidelity namely the analogue turntable to the utmost benefit of his analogue followers on another thread. Pretty soon they would be here as well to share their horror stories hehehe.

Anyways welcome Mr.Shoe without your evil, Digital good could not be made manifest even more!
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:16 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:
m_shoe_maker wrote:Yes, I did remember seeing the brand KEBAO. :) What bothers me though is the sound it makes when you pronounce the brand name. :roll: Parang bulok na pagkain ang dating. :roll: The stuff pigs eat if you get my drift. :lol:

KEBAO

Maybe so shoe coz you're still dreaming of a KOETSU eh? Dream on pal! Hehehehe.

Wala na kong pag asa sa KOETSU. :( Poor boy lang ako. :oops:

But if there was an "all-in one" player that is branded KOETSU, naku po tatay ko, siguradong siguradong yan na ang digital gadget na bibilin ko. :)

Lets say it together........

KOETSU

Ganda pakinggan ng tunog. 8) Analog na analog sounding. :)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

PreviousNext

Return to Digital