Let's Talk Digital

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Postby arnoldc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:00 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:My suspicion was proven they are "biased" overthere at analog hihihihi!

SC

mr. joey lopez, i removed your post because it does not contribute to the discussion and you ridiculed the original poster of the thread. we already know and are aware of your preferences and you have gotten respect from many of us in that choice. you better start doing the same.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:07 pm

arnoldc wrote:
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:My suspicion was proven they are "biased" overthere at analog hihihihi!

SC

mr. joey lopez, i removed your post because it does not contribute to the discussion and you ridiculed the original poster of the thread. we already know and are aware of your preferences and you have gotten respect from many of us in that choice. you better start doing the same.

LOL thanks but no thanks mr. arnold cruz! Admit it what did I say wrong? Have you missed the posts of jonas on this thread?

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby jonas » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:16 pm

[quote="SoFtCliPpEr ]
Of course you shouldn't think that way you could be labeled as one who is too literal in your treatment of what you read. Hehe anyway just fyi you belong to the "i dunno" group on that thread whom I can't figure out for sure what your motives were on Ticks and Pops except for your proud declaration of having a VPI record cleaner hehehe read on japorms!

SC[/quote]

there's no motive, i just wanted to tell my boring story. and my VPI record cleaner was the only thing i bought new without home auditioning. all my other stuff were bought used from garage sales. so I will sell my turntables and LP collection first before my VPI record cleaner

[quote="SoFtCliPpEr ]
I got a better one for you if ever "clinical" should pertain to accuracy and precision in timing certainly not unalive check out the dictionary for synonyms japorms hehehe.
SC[/quote]

clinical as related to musical reproduction meaning digital meaning unalive
Last edited by jonas on Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jonas » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:20 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:

Oh my God you mean to say you don't reliase that whatever sound coming out of your errrr"sonus fabers" are ANALOG no matter if it comes from a DIGITAL or analog source poor you.

SC

if my CD player didnt convert the digital to analog, then it would be very quiet and i would be very happy. that s why i asked why the DAC kept on converting the digital signal to analog. the only way for me to stop it from doing that was to turn off the machine.
Last edited by jonas on Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:27 pm

clinical as related to musical reproduction meaning digital meaning unalive

This condition exists with you simply because you are merely hearing PCM on your CD using the universal player Samsung you have hehe. You should know by now that anything that comes like a box of chocolates in your case a Digital universal player has it's compromises.

I suggest you upgrade to your favorite retail audio outlet and experience what Digital can really do to your music instead of labelling it as unalive which is a mere "truth" in your biased mind.

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:29 pm

jonas wrote:
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:

Oh my God you mean to say you don't reliase that whatever sound coming out of your errrr"sonus fabers" are ANALOG no matter if it comes from a DIGITAL or analog source poor you.

SC

if my CD player didnt convert the digital to analog, then it would be very quiet and i would be very happy. that s why i asked why the DAC kept on converting the digital signal to analog. the only way for me to stop it from doing that was to turn off the machine.

Hehe too bad your turntable which is an analog component when heard through your analog speakers is still noisy eh?

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby jonas » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:30 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:

I suggest you upgrade to your favorite retail audio outlet and experience what Digital can really do to your music instead of labelling it as unalive which is a mere "truth" in your biased mind.

SC

you're my favorite so can i home audition your trivista? im sure its more alive than my samsung. i just dont know by how much.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jonas » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:34 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:

Hehe too bad your turntable which is an analog component when heard through your analog speakers is still noisy eh?

SC

nope, no noise at all from my condo set-up, a lot of noise from my white plains set up, where all my scratched records end up
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:35 pm

jonas wrote:
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:

SC

you're my favorite so can i home audition your trivista? im sure its more alive than my samsung. i just dont know by how much.

Ok we can arrange that but not yet am not selling at the moment. Try DCM.

SC :)
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:37 pm

jonas wrote:
SoFtCliPpEr wrote:

SC

nope, no noise at all from my condo set-up, a lot of noise from my white plains set up, where all my scratched records end up

Gee no noise?? Must be a CD hidden somewhere eh? Hehe.
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:43 pm

Well Digital Lovers and haters as well,

We have to continue later to make way to my regular listening time. We will be having a closer look on DIGITAL next time around in the meantime enjoy your DIGITAL life!

SC
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby arnoldc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:55 pm

mr. joey lopez, please look at the digital section if i have moderator rights.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:59 pm

Donlovejoy wrote:At present this topic Let's talk Digital under General Audio has 187 Replies and 3853 views, this figures shows that there is a great number of Pinoydiophiles who Love to talk digital, I think its high time that this topic be elevated at the Special Interest (main topics like Technics TT, Dynaco, Etc.) or at Pinoydiophiles (General Audio, etc.), this would enable for newbies, and other digital enthusiast faster and easier access to digital talk.

someone called my attention to this request. obviously, i have not been reading the posts here for a long time now. anyway, i think this makes sense. will try to work in creating a separate section soon.

also, i would urge everyone to post under "ask the admistrators" for similar requests in the future.

i have a request too to everyone to continue to post with respect, minus the sarcasm and pot shots that only create ill feelings rather than harmony and understanding in this hobby. we expect the forums to be self-moderating, that is, each one take personal responsibility to exercise due respect and etiquette in posting comments.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jo2 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:57 pm

SoFtCliPpEr,

will try to work in creating a separate section soon.

Ayan ha!

Napansin din yung "WALANG KATAPUSANG DISKUSYON AT KUMPARAHAN SA PLAKA AT CD."

Payong KAPATID to all WS Members:

Gusto mo ng PLAKA - READ "ANALOG FORUM!"

Gusto mo ng CD/SACD - READ "DIGITAL FORUM!"

Kung GUSTO mong pareho ( katulad ko) - ENJOY!!! :lol: :D
jo2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ISKANDRIAN » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:26 pm

good news sa akin yan! matatapos na rin ang walang kakuwenta kuwentang insultuhan na parang walang pinag-aralan ang mga nagsulat. i want info sana on CD and solidstate, dahil sila ang bagay para tahimik background. si softcliper mukhang napaka talino sa CD, hindi ko maintindihan kalahati ng sinasabi nya, ang naiintindihan ko lang eh yung insulto nya sa plaka kaya nakaka turn off.parang hindi sya bilib sa sinasabi nya unless mang-insulto siya.
ISKANDRIAN

Postby ISKANDRIAN » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:56 am

ano ba ang electronics behind sa MF X10D? may nabasa ako na pag ikabit ito sa CD player kahit yung low end lang eh magiging tunog high end na. wat does the X10D do? may binebenta kasi sa pinoydvd.
ISKANDRIAN

Postby arnoldc » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:15 am

ISKANDRIAN wrote:ano ba ang electronics behind sa MF X10D? may nabasa ako na pag ikabit ito sa CD player kahit yung low end lang eh magiging tunog high end na. wat does the X10D do? may binebenta kasi sa pinoydvd.
this is a tube buffer. buffer - because it does not add gain to the audio chain. about the claim low end, maging high end is for you to find out :)
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Donlovejoy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:06 am

What a suprise! At last a main Digital Section under Forum! Thanks a lot Herr Administrator Vintage Dog (Francis). SoFtCliPpEr you can now share what the Digital Planet has to offer. Last and definitely not the least I will never forgive myself if I forget Monsieur ARNOLDC your the man. :)
Donlovejoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:05 am

Iskandrian,

Buffer composed of a pair of 12AX7s, replacement (new) model Mu-Vistor tube. Advisable with ladder dacs on with non j-fet output stages (standard op-amps) but not sigma-deltas (becomes very slow and rolled off).
JackD201
Immortal

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:09 am

vintage_dog wrote:
Donlovejoy wrote:At present this topic Let's talk Digital under General Audio has 187 Replies and 3853 views, this figures shows that there is a great number of Pinoydiophiles who Love to talk digital, I think its high time that this topic be elevated at the Special Interest (main topics like Technics TT, Dynaco, Etc.) or at Pinoydiophiles (General Audio, etc.), this would enable for newbies, and other digital enthusiast faster and easier access to digital talk.

someone called my attention to this request. obviously, i have not been reading the posts here for a long time now. anyway, i think this makes sense. will try to work in creating a separate section soon.

also, i would urge everyone to post under "ask the admistrators" for similar requests in the future.

i have a request too to everyone to continue to post with respect, minus the sarcasm and pot shots that only create ill feelings rather than harmony and understanding in this hobby. we expect the forums to be self-moderating, that is, each one take personal responsibility to exercise due respect and etiquette in posting comments.

VD

My thanks to you and those involved for this dedicated DIGITAL section in Wiredstate in truly shows the objectivity of the top brass to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now matured and newbie readers of Wiredstate can now enjoy the full service and information that DIGITAL audio can provide. My extreme congratulations to OldFogey for being the moderator. My hope is that as we all go through the pangs of newbirth and DIGITAL discovery everyone would be vigilant to guard the gains which have been crossed and achieved by having this section.

We can't stay babies in audio forever. In the same way we cannot have any GOOD in this world without the EVIL. Comments and Views are just what they are Comments and Views. Finding this section here at Wiredstate has indeed met half of my purpose in educating the next breed of audiphiles who will keep the torch alive.

The most important factor in any forum should always be the freedom of expression of course within reasonable limits and proper communication, thus it would not be surprising therefore for anyone to enter the gates of this DIGITAL forum to read many contrary views and comments against analog. That being the case the defense of their own personal doctrines and opinions would be in order. For what good would one's faith be if he cannot stand by it's merits.

In the end RESPECT in any event or circumstance should be earned and not given in the guise of patronage. Contrary to what many of you here think I believe there are a lot of honorable men enjoying analog for all it's worth yes maybe even you Iskandrian. I say they be more vocal and honest about what they feel and think. Most certainly not be so immature as to only understand the negative comments I have on analog. There is danger in reading between the lines often you find yourself in a big lie to other's and with yourself as well.

Again my Congratulations to all this is indeed a day to rejoice!

SoFtCliPpEr <------- says Hep Hep Hurray!
SoFtCliPpEr

PreviousNext

Return to Digital