Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC

Postby carbondated » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 am

I've read the cover story in Stereophile and now I want one, or at least to audition one. Any local dealers bringing this in? ;)
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC

Postby JoeyGS » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Carbondated..... if you went ahead and purchased the dragonfly, then you are in for a treat!

http://www.audiostream.com/content/ifi-iusbpower-taking-audioquest-draginfly-dac-notch

Time to upgrade!
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby carbondated » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Still waiting for it in the mail. But looks like I'll be ordering something else soon! :rofl:
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby timber715 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 pm

JoeyGS wrote:Hi Carbondated..... if you went ahead and purchased the dragonfly, then you are in for a treat!

http://www.audiostream.com/content/ifi-iusbpower-taking-audioquest-draginfly-dac-notch

Time to upgrade!

Joey, in case you have the iFi coming. Can I test it on my system? :geek:
timber715
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:03 pm

No problem 8)

timber715 wrote:
JoeyGS wrote:Hi Carbondated..... if you went ahead and purchased the dragonfly, then you are in for a treat!

Time to upgrade!

Joey, in case you have the iFi coming. Can I test it on my system? :geek:
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JoeyGS » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Any update?

carbondated wrote:Still waiting for it in the mail. But looks like I'll be ordering something else soon! :rofl:
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby carbondated » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Arrived in the post. Don't even hesitate for a moment -- best $245 you'll ever spend! You won't be throwing out your four-box dCS digital source, but it's at least as good as most mid-priced DACs + headphone amp. Dapat may commission ako for these recommendations, but I have two and use them every day! :rofl:
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:19 am

Congrats!

Will you be trying out the iFi USB Power with the dragonfly?

carbondated wrote:Arrived in the post. Don't even hesitate for a moment -- best $245 you'll ever spend! You won't be throwing out your four-box dCS digital source, but it's at least as good as most mid-priced DACs + headphone amp. Dapat may commission ako for these recommendations, but I have two and use them every day! :rofl:
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:39 am

To those who tried the Audioquest Dragonfly, which headphones worked best for you?

I was given one as a gift (the original, first version, not the current one). I'm now looking for headphones that match with it.

I am only able to try my own Sennheiser HD600 but I don't have the correct size adaptor for the headphone jack.
rtsyrtsy

Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC -great product!

Postby geriboy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:03 am

Bought the Dragonfly USB DAC ver1.2 at the November Hi Fi show last Sunday. Couldn't resist the great price for the product. My dad used it to connect his netbook to his audio system (vintage Scott AM/FM receiver, a-audio floorstander speakers). Most of my dad's music files are on mp3 format with ~320kpbs bitrate, downloaded from the internet. Me and my dad were impressed on the sound quality from his current setup. I guess it would be better if the files were of lossless format (i.e. FLAC). Maybe I'll borrow his dragonfly DAC in the future and use it with my own setup.

Great product!
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnsnlsn » Tue May 12, 2015 11:41 am

Unable to post in the marketplace so...

If anyone is looking to buy a Dragonfly v1.0, check my ad on olx :) good price and like new condition

Hope the admins dnot take this down! Thank you
dnsnlsn

Postby hshrader » Tue May 12, 2015 5:13 pm

Yes - too bad you can't post in marketplace....
hshrader
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Digital