Another help needed: iTunes Store

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Another help needed: iTunes Store

Postby egay » Fri May 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Friends,
I recently purchased a MacBook to replace my (very) old IBM T23 and I am enjoying it. I am also enjoying using iTunes that I have converted about 7GB of my WAV files into this machine. Now, I wanted to purchase music from iTunes but it says that my apple ID is only for the Philippine Store; unfortunately, the Philippine store has no music :( ... or is there?

I know many of you are Mac users and had been purchasing music via iTunes; could you kindly help this dummy (me) in knowing how to do this purchase even from the Philippines? BTW, i also travel a lot and when I am bored, I look for music stores and hunt for software, now with the iTune Store, I have the convenience of buying them BUT i can't at this stage. Help! ;(

I sent an email to apple but i still have not received any reply.

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Another help needed: iTunes Store

Postby Gino » Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Create a 2nd iTunes account with US address. Then buy iTunes US gift cards to load your account. You can check with Datablitz for such cards. There are seller too in some online communities like Philmug.ph. If you have a US credit card then put that info. I do this and am able to download from US iTunes. I used some pizza joint in the US as my address.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby muypogi » Fri May 25, 2012 2:23 pm

As the previous poster said, you need a US account to buy movies/TV shows/music off iTunes. Best is to have a US relative create an account for you using a prepaid card.

Or you can go to this site www.jerrycards.com, which sells iTunes cards and can help you set up your US account. I've used this service to buy iTunes cards using my Paypal account and they send the code to your email almost immediately.

May mga ibang local sellers (try logging on to www.philmug.ph) pero if you need a quick fix, jerrycards is very convenient.

Wag kang bibili sa eBay nung mga heavily discounted cards, minsan hacked codes yun. nangyari na sa akin yun and my account was suspended for a time by Apple.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Fri May 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Gino wrote:Create a 2nd iTunes account with US address. Then buy iTunes US gift cards to load your account. You can check with Datablitz for such cards. There are seller too in some online communities like Philmug.ph. If you have a US credit card then put that info. I do this and am able to download from US iTunes. I used some pizza joint in the US as my address.

Hi Gino,
:hai: Thanks for the quick reply.

You mean the US address that you used is 'real' but you are in the Philippines? Is this ok? (I suppose it is because you have been using that :$ ).
This seems an idea worth exploring; but is there like a direct way of buying? I mean this is crazy. I can purchase Apps with no problems at all but I can't purchase music directly? Does not make sense to me.

Anyway, I will try this, but I hope there is an easier way.

Thanks ;)

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Fri May 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Uy, mr handsome (muypogi), este, very handsome :hai:
Thanks for the tip. SOunds easier.
and thanks for the tip re eBay... i was almost tempted to do that :clap:

Bakit kaya wala tayong music store as iTunes?

Could this be a similar issue during the infancy of PayPal?

Salamat sir.
i'll try jerry cards & philmug now.

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby muypogi » Fri May 25, 2012 2:42 pm

egay wrote:Uy, mr handsome (muypogi), este, very handsome :hai:
Thanks for the tip. SOunds easier.
and thanks for the tip re eBay... i was almost tempted to do that :clap:

Bakit kaya wala tayong music store as iTunes?

Could this be a similar issue during the infancy of PayPal?

Salamat sir.
i'll try jerry cards & philmug now.

.e.

Don't create an account directly sa iTunes since it will ask for a US credit card. Better buy a prepaid card first, then click redeem sa iTunes para walang demand for a credit card. At least ganoon yung style dati. You can put any US address you want, basta tugma yung State and zip code, kasi dun yug checking. You can put Wrigley Field or the Empire State Building if yo want hehe.

Depende kasi sa copyright agreements, kasi by country. So far pinakamaraming selection yung US iTunes store kasi almost all English content is ether generated in the US or from a US company. May mga ibang tunes/shows na wala sa US, pero nasa UK store for example . . .
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Fri May 25, 2012 2:52 pm

nakup, buti nalang nabasa ko agad ito.
i was already creating an account and answering the 3 security questions... pati jun unang trip naming ng mrs ko inalala ko pa |-)

okidoks.
so you're saying buy a gift card, redeem, and then put the US address?
i can use my brothers address naman eh.
did i get your instruction correctly?

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby muypogi » Fri May 25, 2012 3:15 pm

egay wrote:nakup, buti nalang nabasa ko agad ito.
i was already creating an account and answering the 3 security questions... pati jun unang trip naming ng mrs ko inalala ko pa |-)

okidoks.
so you're saying buy a gift card, redeem, and then put the US address?
i can use my brothers address naman eh.
did i get your instruction correctly?

.e.

Bro I suggest you try the US account setup of Jerrycards. USD5 lang naman. . . get that muna.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Gino » Fri May 25, 2012 4:02 pm

I do not know if the procedure changed. But when I created my US account, the billing info was optional. There are free apps in US store. As far as I know you need to sign in with your Apple ID before you can redeem.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby marty_e » Fri May 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Moi, since we're on the topic - can I change my local account to a US account using a prepaid card? Or is it too late for that. I don't want to maintain more than one iTunes account
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby onedown » Fri May 25, 2012 4:37 pm

any address? how about
1600 pennsylvania ave
washington, dc. 20500
:lol:
Last edited by onedown on Fri May 25, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onedown
Master
Master

Postby Gino » Fri May 25, 2012 4:38 pm

It is very difficult to do. Definitely not an online form affair. I found it easier to create a second Apple ID. It is ok to have multiple accounts in your iTunes. All your purchases will be consolidated for your devices. You do you have to switch accounts to update some apps.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby muypogi » Fri May 25, 2012 4:41 pm

marty_e wrote:Moi, since we're on the topic - can I change my local account to a US account using a prepaid card? Or is it too late for that. I don't want to maintain more than one iTunes account

Nope. I have a US and RP account. US is mainly for media and some apps unavailable in the RP store. RP store account is used for apps for my macbook pro and more expensive apps in iTunes since it's linked to my local credit card.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Fri May 25, 2012 5:20 pm

onedown wrote:any address? how about
1600 pennsylvania ave
washington, dc. 20500
:lol:

'pre, try this:

935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

8)

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Fri May 25, 2012 5:27 pm

muy,
i just emailed jerry and am waiting for his reply.
i hope this solves my "problem"

thanks pare :hai:

egay

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby muypogi » Sat May 26, 2012 7:13 am

egay wrote:muy,
i just emailed jerry and am waiting for his reply.
i hope this solves my "problem"

thanks pare :hai:

egay

.e.

Oks ka na?
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 am

Hi muy,
jerry advised me to buy the cards.
i'll do this in a few minutes & post if successful (or not :$ ).

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby magnus » Sat May 26, 2012 10:01 am

@egay - I haven't tried this option but was planning to do this to download HD audio from HD tracks. You can download the Stealthy plug in which works for both Firefox and Chrome. What it does is it will allow you to have your ip identified as coming from the US which will then allow you to download. You can then use Paypal to pay for your purchase
magnus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Gau_Ban » Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks for all the posts here. Harharhar...time to ask my ninang to get an itunes gift card for me.

I also found out that you can edit your account information but it seems to switch over to a US address, you need an itunes card code handy.
Gau_Ban
Citizen
Citizen

Postby egay » Sat May 26, 2012 11:06 am

magnus wrote:@egay - I haven't tried this option but was planning to do this to download HD audio from HD tracks. You can download the Stealthy plug in which works for both Firefox and Chrome. What it does is it will allow you to have your ip identified as coming from the US which will then allow you to download. You can then use Paypal to pay for your purchase

Hi Magnus,
Thanks. This sounds interesting - but - I'm using Safari... which brings me to another question: are these 2 browsers you mentioned "better" than Safari? (BTW, i'm using 'this' MacBook Pro for my purchases, and then for these iTunes music nag sans :$

I'll this a serious thought over breakfast.

:hai:
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to Digital