digital to analog audio converter

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

digital to analog audio converter

Postby jjjhackkk » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:52 am

sorry guys, i don't know kung tama ang post ko dito..

my query ko lang is, my available po ba dito sa atin na digital to analog audio converter?

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproductlisting.jsp?listingCategory=Converters&productType=audio

here's my setup:

My LED tv has only one audio out (digital output for audio - fiber optics cable ang kelangan right?). Why I need it? Gagamitin kung gusto ko lang manuod ng local or cable channels..

ang amplifier or home theater ko has only L/R rca connection for tv and a coaxial walang optical (fiber opt).
jjjhackkk

Re: digital to analog audio converter

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Welcome to WS...

jjjhackkk wrote:my query ko lang is, my available po ba dito sa atin na digital to analog audio converter?

Madami. Do a search on the forum for DACs. Also contact the dealers, many of whom have their own sections in this forum.

jjjhackkk wrote:My LED tv has only one audio out (digital output for audio - fiber optics cable ang kelangan right?).

Without knowing your LED TV's model (can you post a photo of the connector you are talking about?) it is hard to tell. If the Digital Out has a squarish profile, then you need a Toslink cable. If the Digital Out has an RCA jack, then you need a digital cable w/ RCA jack.

jjjhackkk wrote:ang amplifier or home theater ko has only L/R rca connection for tv and a coaxial walang optical (fiber opt).

[/quote]

Without knowing your amp (can you post a photo of the connections to the TV you are talking about?) it is hard to tell. The "coax walang optical" you are referring to could be an RCA jack for video. If you have a home theater receiver, you probably have digital (coax, optical / toslink, sometimes BNC) inputs. If your amp does not have digital inputs, then you are right, you would need a Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC).

Most TVs have analog audio output using RCA jacks. If you are just watching cable TV, why not just connect the analog out of your TV to your amp via standard RCA interconnects?
rtsyrtsy

Postby Gau_Ban » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 am

Since you are asking with regards to watching local TV and cable.

Are you subscribed to HD cable?
If no, than your cable box probably has only analog signal outputs via RCA jacks. In which case, there is no need for you to buy a DAC.
If yes, what are the outputs at the back of your HD cable box? And what inputs does your amp/HT system have?
Gau_Ban
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Octaver » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:40 pm

jjjhackkk wrote:sorry guys, i don't know kung tama ang post ko dito..

my query ko lang is, my available po ba dito sa atin na digital to analog audio converter?

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproductlisting.jsp?listingCategory=Converters&productType=audio

here's my setup:

My LED tv has only one audio out (digital output for audio - fiber optics cable ang kelangan right?). Why I need it? Gagamitin kung gusto ko lang manuod ng local or cable channels..

ang amplifier or home theater ko has only L/R rca connection for tv and a coaxial walang optical (fiber opt).

For me its cheaper to replace TV rather than buying a DAC Just for listening TV sound it's not worth!!!!:rofl:
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Digital