Anybody bringing in the REGA DAC?

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Anybody bringing in the REGA DAC?

Postby muypogi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Seems interesting . I'm willing to try one out if the price is right. I'd love to get a Naim DAC, but the price seems to far out for me. . .
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Anybody bringing in the REGA DAC?

Postby TheAnalogSource » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:48 am

let me answer for the distri....

a demo unit is inbound and expected within the month....afterwhich a lot will be coming in by midyear.

the rega dac is more or less similar to that of the saturn table.
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Re: Anybody bringing in the REGA DAC?

Postby muypogi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 am

TAS wrote:let me answer for the distri....

a demo unit is inbound and expected within the month....afterwhich a lot will be coming in by midyear.

the rega dac is more or less similar to that of the saturn table.

Thanks boss. Any price point indicated? I like the twin coax and twin toslink inputs, as I need the twin toslink. Initial scattered user reviews show it's better than the MF M1 DAC and the Arcam rDAC, and can approach the Naim DAC in performance, so I'm genuinely interested. . . I'm 95% digital and 5% analog, so I'll go for an upgrade of my digital front end first. This will be connected to my Apple TV & Airport Express, together with my Philips DVD player. . . :)

As long as it sounds better than the built-in AD1955 DACs in my HK990 amp, I'd be happy to move out of my one-box setup to an outboard DAC again.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Digital