To those who have ripped their CD collection...

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

To those who have ripped their CD collection...

Postby rtsyrtsy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:53 am

...what have you done to your CDs & jewel cases?

Right now, mine are in CD-specific Ikea shelves which is taking up quite a bit of room.

I'm ripping everything into a NAS and am looking for physically "compressed" storage.

I found these from www.bagsunlimited.com for ~US$25 for a box that can hold 100 CDs.

For the analog inclined, they have this for ~US$25 that hold 50 LPs.

Good 'old Ikea has this for ~US$2.50 per 22 CDs. I've seen these and I'm not too sure about the longevity of what is basically a cardboard box (with cute prints).

Has anyone tried this for vinyl records? It's 33cm x 33cm. I wonder if 12" records w/ sleeves and album cover will fit.

Slappa's d2i is interesting. ~$11 (including shipping) to hold 29 CDs w/ jewel cases. At an additional US$1 per disc, you can drop the jewel cases and use Slappa's pages instead.
rtsyrtsy

Re: To those who have ripped their CD collection...

Postby Mamimili » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:18 pm

A few nice solutions there Russ :clap:

For me, i have less than 200 CD's so while storage is not a major problem i welcome something better than what i have today. Some are still in their jewel cases in an antique bookcase (which is criminal), the rest are in sleeve cases, i kept the covers and any booklets, threw away the jewel cases.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby egay » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Are you calling me? :lol: :$

Russ, I still have my CDs in their original jewel cases that are still using my tower racks and some plastic racks, that are still hugging some spaces in my room. I'm having myself a new rack system constructed next month so I can organize my CDs and other Discs, but I don't see myself gettng rid of the Jewel cases, for one, I'm still lazy bringing those plasctics in the "proper disposal" places (if any at all). Plus, I started getting rid on jewel cases of my DVD collections & using something similar to what you posted (i.e. CD pouches) and then using a 3-ring binder, ala photo album style... not cool :!:

I supposed there will be a time to re-visit my storage concept for my music & video discs, until then, I'll still use the old jewel cases where i can look at and admire the nice inserts.

Ciao!
.e.
^_^
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:45 am

I still keep them in their jewel case and displayed in shelves, para audiophile ang dating :D
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Maxine » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:30 pm

cd racks are still the best. it adds aesthetics to your surroundings.
Maxine

Return to Digital