Digitally recording preamp output

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Re: Digitally recording preamp output

Postby mascotguy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:24 pm

6a3fan wrote:I bought the Behringer UFO 202 to digitize my vinyl for use in my IPOD and car. The unit accepts both MM and line level inputs. At $30, it is very good value for money.

I wont pay anything for this, im sure there are free app for this job ...

Postby egay » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 pm

mascotguy wrote:
6a3fan wrote:I bought the Behringer UFO 202 to digitize my vinyl for use in my IPOD and car. The unit accepts both MM and line level inputs. At $30, it is very good value for money.

Sure there are free apps, but you also need a hardware to digitize your vinyl. BTW, how do you do yours?

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby trauma » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:06 am

mascotguy wrote:

Meron Free >>> Just download your music via the torrents instead of converting your vinyl into digital files. <<<
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby carbondated » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 am

And in fact, there are people who have ripped their vinyl to WAV *and then* put it up on torrents. (Note to mods: Not that we condone any of this shocking, shocking behaviour!)
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby trauma » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:10 pm

shocking is relative. Besides, if you paid enough for an album vinyl then I believe you deserve not to pay for it again in another medium.
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby carbondated » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:00 am

Captain Renault in Casablanca: "I am shocked — shocked— to find that gambling is going on in here!" :rofl:
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby egay » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 am

trauma wrote:Meron Free >>> Just download your music via the torrents instead of converting your vinyl into digital files. <<<

Trauma,
There are simpler reasons why one would rip his vinyls, like for example to add in his "lazy music collection" for convinience sake.

I belive your statement is by one who is looking to add music to his collection because he doesn't have them: why not just get out your way and look for them in CDs? If you haven't notice, a number of providers actually sell downloadable music. There are also sites where you can listen to ALL their music and if you liked them you can buy them, else just listen to the stream... check-out the UBUNTU sites where people are promoting FREE stuffs (among them are music sites... try JAMENDO).

.e.
^_^
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:21 am

carbondated wrote:And in fact, there are people who have ripped their vinyl to WAV *and then* put it up on torrents. (Note to mods: Not that we condone any of this shocking, shocking behaviour!)

Bad decision.
But I am both amused and curious why one would get out their way ripping their collection & "just share" them to people he does not even know?
Is there some psychological explanation to this? :?:

Now, I understand UBUNTU or open source followers/supporters wanting to share their music - like JAMENDO, for one: so people will know there are other alternatives to LISTEN for free, and maybe buy, too: but share for free to the world?? :|

.e.
:o
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby trauma » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:53 am

No egay, i dont mean looking for new stuff. If you have for example: "Ricky martin" on vinyl and you want to have the same music to play in your car, you dont have to spend a lot of money on a hifi quality Analog to Digital converter just to copy the vinyl in digital form. Just look for the same Ricky Martin album you have in the torrents and voila - save you the cash and effort.
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to Digital