YOUR RARE, OOP/ HARD-TO-FIND CDs

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Re: YOUR RARE, OOP/ HARD-TO-FIND CDs

Postby zepol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Pinikpikan - Atas
1st Edition Pinikpikan, ATAS, Tao Music, 1999

2001 This edition by Tropical Music. Distributed in Germany by BMG Ariola Muchen/ARIS, in Europe by tropical Music
Catalog No. CD 68.821
Last edited by zepol on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zepol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zepol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Last edited by zepol on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zepol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vinylcafeph » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm

vinylcafeph
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vinylcafeph » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:43 pm

vinylcafeph
Citizen
Citizen

Postby doasmarx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:42 pm

dont know if this one is rare but most copies/MP3s i've seen came from the Meet Joe Black OST

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
doasmarx
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby theng » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:54 pm

doasmarx wrote:dont know if this one is rare but most copies/MP3s i've seen came from the Meet Joe Black OST

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

this is the last song in the movie 50 first dates. sadly, this song was not included in that movies official soundtrack.
theng
Citizen
Citizen

Postby doasmarx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:04 pm

probably one of the most overused tracks in films, documentaries, TV series and commercials ads.

Hubble 3D (documentary short) ("Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World")

2009 So You Think You Can Dance (TV series)
– Two of 14 Voted Off (2009) (performer: "Over the Rainbow")

2007-2009 Qwerty (TV series)
– Episode #3.38 (2009) (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World")
– Episode #2.6 (2007) (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World")

2008 Èxit (TV series)
– Episode #2.12 (2008) (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World")

2008 Rachael Ray (TV series)
– Bikini Challenge (2008) (performer: "Over the Rainbow" - uncredited)

2005-2008 Cold Case (TV series)
– The Road (2008) (performer: "Over the Rainbow" - uncredited)
– Wishing (2005) (performer: "What A Wonderful World/Somewhere Over The Rainbow")

2007 Página 2 (TV series)
– Episode #1.1 (2007) (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World")

2007 Fred Claus (performer: "What a Wonderful World" / as Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole)

2007 Life on Mars (TV series)
– Episode #2.8 (2007) (performer: "Over the Rainbow")

2002-2006 ER (TV series)
– Graduation Day (2006) (performer: "Over the Rainbow" - uncredited)
– On the Beach (2002) (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World" - uncredited)

2006 Snakes on a Plane (performer: "Henehene Kou'aka" / as Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole)

2006 Scrubs (TV series)
– My Way Home (2006) (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World" - uncredited)

2005 Son of the Mask (performer: "What A Wonderful World" / as Israel 'IZ' Kamakawiwo'ole)

2005 Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing & Charm School (performer: "Over the Rainbow" 1939 / as Israel 'Iz' Kamakawiwo'ole)

2004 50 First Dates (performer: "Over the Rainbow")

2003 Charmed (TV series)
– Lucky Charmed (2003) (performer: "Over the Rainbow" - uncredited)

2003 Tempted (TV movie) (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World")

2002 Pasadena (TV series)
– Don't It Always Seem to Go? (2002) (performer: "Over the Rainbow")

2000 Finding Forrester (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World")

1998 Meet Joe Black (performer: "Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World")
doasmarx
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Voltraizer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 am

Voltraizer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 am

Voltraizer wrote:Image

Ganda, Volt. 2 kopya mo? Isang sealed at isang bukas? Galing. Yung sa kin isa lang, napakiusapan ko lang sa Greenwich na ibenta after the promo period. Buti umabot at napagbigyan ako.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby Voltraizer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 am

i gave one copy as a gift last x'mas.

summerbrowne wrote:]Buti umabot at napagbigyan ako.

swerte tawag diyan von, hirap na yata hanapin yan ngayon. kung meron man,
medyo me presyo na.
Voltraizer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:13 am

Voltraizer wrote:
i gave one copy as a gift last x'mas.

summerbrowne wrote:]Buti umabot at napagbigyan ako.

swerte tawag diyan von, hirap na yata hanapin yan ngayon. kung meron man,
medyo me presyo na.

Tama ka, Volt. Swerte nung napagbigyan mo. :-)
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby zepol » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:50 pm

zepol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zepol » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:39 am

D'Swooners

Cris Solano – vocals, bass
Charlie Cajilig – guitar
Ernie Espiritu - organ
Ronnie Parina - trumpets
Eddie Fortuno – drums

Known in some quarters as The Swooners, this full-on Philipino quintet first formed in 1963, playing old time rock’n’roll and doo wop to Manila audiences who demanded as much entertainment from them as their counterparts on Hamburg’s Reeperbahn demanded of the Merseybeat groups. Biding their time until 1965, D’Swooners then made for Hong Kong, where they had a big hit for the Diamond Records label with their waltz-driven key-changing weepy ‘50s styled ‘Sonata Of Love’ – billed as D’Swooners Featuring Cris Solano - and opened prestigious shows for both The Kinks and Manfred Mann. The Japanese singer, guitar slinger and heartthrob actor Yuzo Kayama was at the Manfred Mann concert with his wife, and used his contacts to get the band on Japanese TV. On their arrival in Tokyo, in 1967, to perform on the pop TV show R&B PARADISE, the meek Japanese audiences considered D’Swooners’ shows extremely wild. And when the band decided to stay on in Japan, they could not at first get a record deal. Worse still, drummer Eddie Fortuno was hanging out with fellow Philipino Joey Smith of Speed Glue & Shinki when he was done for possession of cannabis and thrown in jail. However, the band eventually signed to the Philips label, whereupon their first single for the label, their wonderfully rowdy clatterthon version of Smokey Robinson’s ‘Mickey’s Monkey’ was released on the same day as their first LP R&B GOLDEN HITS, the B-side being their old hit ‘Sonata Of Love’. Both records were big hits, as was their syrupy follow up 45 ‘Wonderful World Of Love’. Far better and of real interest to readers of this book is ‘Please Please, Trina’, with its rowdy, sexy organ riffing stomp, lead vocal is the style of Blue Cheer’s Dickie Peterson, and an insistent ‘You Really Got Me’ rhythm. Excellent. D’Swooners made use of wah-wah guitar and a real fire engine siren for their disturbingly damaged proto-Jose Feliciano version of The Doors’ ‘Light My Fire’, the song rendered even more mysterious by the strange vocal inflections and Hispanic pronunciations of singer Cris Solano. Even more mysterious to the Japanese was their uncanny accuracy when performing Jimi Hendrix songs, for the guitarist’s style remained something of an unlockable mystery to many of the musicians. D’Swooners capitalized on this with their version of ‘Stone Free’, but also performed a Sam The Sham-style version of The Doors’ ’Hello, I Love You’, plus berserk versions of older songs such as James Brown’s ‘It’s a Man’s Man’s World’, Percy Sledge’s ‘When A Man Loves A Woman’ and Sam & Dave’s hoary ‘Hold On, I’m Coming’, sung in a humorous baritone manner. Soon after their second album PORTRAIT OF D’SWOONERS was released, they replaced organist Ernie Espiritu with Japanese musician Jun Batilaran, while trumpeter Butch Tigno took Ronnie Parina’s place. However, D’Swooners’s days were numbered and they split up shortly afterwards without recording anything with the new line up. Eddie Fortuno went on to play drums with Foodbrain, whenever Hiro Tsunoda was out of town with his jazz quintet!

Julian Cope
zepol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Voltraizer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42 am

"They weren't New Romantic, but they were certainly romantic. The Lotus Eaters were an integral part of liverpool's 2nd wave of post-punk youth, arriving few years after Echo & the Bunnymen and The Tearsdrop explodes unleashed a psychedelic revival in the Beatle's hometown. Fresh faced and fragile, the Lotus Eaters formed in 1982, essentially the duo of yearning, soaring vocalist Peter Coyle and guitarist Jeremy Kelly with three sidemen (bassist Michael Dempsey, keyboardist Gerard Quinn and drummer Steve Cresse).The pair crafted what would become their debut single "The First Picture of You" in Kelly's bedroom studio. A year later, the record hit the British Charts. The groups' debut LP, No Sense of Sin, came out a year later. One of the most underrated albums of th 80's it is essentially the neo-acoustic blueprint employed by Travis, Keane and Badly Drawn Boy two decades later. On stunningly beautiful songs like "Love Still Flows", "Two Virgins Tender" and "Out On Your Own", Kelly cinematic rifs are caressed by Coyle's haunting lullabies, weaving a hypnotic spell. "German Girl", "Set Me Apart" and "You Fill Me With Need" showcase their versatility, shifting to more upbeat tempos but retaining the lush textures and introspective, melancholic emotions that make this a truly special record. The 1985 single "It Hurts" unveiled the band's artistic evolution in Kelly's agonized , gloomy guitars, the poetic sunshine of "The First Picture of You" is bruised and ripped, and Coyle's wails plaintively about a failed relationship. It is gritty, wounded performance>"
Voltraizer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Octaver » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:38 am

Bought at Virginia City, Nice recording:

Original Release...

Jazz Group I watch Live and bought their CD at Monterey, CA

Just saw it and buy somewhere at Dallas,Tx

I don't know who is she, the first CD I bought......

Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Pai » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm not really sure how rare these are, but it took me a while to find them.
Pai

Postby Pai » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Pai

Previous

Return to Digital