The ARC REF 610T Mono Blocks

AUDIO RESEARCH [high definition tubed electronics Brand New and Classic Models] and other Audiophile Gear

Moderator: sensible

The ARC REF 610T Mono Blocks

Postby jadis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:51 pm

The Audio Research Reference 610T Power Amplifier

The latest, and the most powerful assault of ARC in the amplification field, the Ref 610T's have come to the Philippines. I helped unpacked the monos, and I feel gratified to be able to put in all the 36 or so 6550 power tubes into their sockets, together with some small input tubes. What a feeling. :)

These are the second most powerful tube amps I have ever heard to date, the first being the Triple chassis mono JA-800 from Jadis. The ARC's are rated at 600 watts per side, with virtual auto biasing done thru two positions even from its remote control unit. And it has a built in timer that logs in the actual time used to know how many hours the tubes have been used. Pretty nifty. Retail price is $40k less the discount given by our good friend, LG.

Here are a few pics I took on opening night:

Frontal view:

Top view with the warm tubes:

Diagonal view:

Top view with the optional tube cage with built in fan:

Mono Blocks spread apart:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby rtsyrtsy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:29 pm

This post may cause a slight up-tick in Meralco's stock price. :D
rtsyrtsy

Postby boombastig » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:37 pm

hope that whoever buys this amp, does not live in the same grid as my house. OI will always have a power outage each time he plays his audio gear. he he he.
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby botching » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:43 pm

Wow! What money can buy :roll:
botching
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sinar » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:57 pm

philip, who did the room tuning of our friend's room? there were no tube traps the last time i was there which seems like a long time ago
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:12 pm

sinar wrote:philip, who did the room tuning of our friend's room? there were no tube traps the last time i was there which seems like a long time ago

jean, our friend did it himself. painstaking DIY tube traps, big ones, were made by his 'driver' and supervised by him. because of the many glass windows in his room, he has a ton of these tube traps.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby manilaman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:07 pm

jadis wrote:
sinar wrote:philip, who did the room tuning of our friend's room? there were no tube traps the last time i was there which seems like a long time ago

jean, our friend did it himself. painstaking DIY tube traps, big ones, were made by his 'driver' and supervised by him. because of the many glass windows in his room, he has a ton of these tube traps.

Philips Jean, set-up of LG? What power source do you need for this? 3-phase? Or your own power plant? This baby must be wikedly thirsty!!! :twisted: :twisted:
manilaman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:24 pm

manilaman wrote:
jadis wrote:

Philips Jean, set-up of LG? What power source do you need for this? 3-phase? Or your own power plant? This baby must be wikedly thirsty!!! :twisted: :twisted:

manilaman,

no, this is not LG's set-up. the owner prefers to remain anonymous...i can imagine the heat generated by the power tubes... i don't know lang if he added an extra aircon due to summer conditions. :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:17 am

The owner / DIYer fully clothes himself complete with jeans and long sleeves when doing the tube traps to prevent from itching due to the handling of the fiberglass fibers. :lol: Kudos to his wife too. I think the wifey does the knitting of the katcha. :)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby jadis » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:39 am

m_shoe_maker wrote:The owner / DIYer fully clothes himself complete with jeans and long sleeves when doing the tube traps to prevent from itching due to the handling of the fiberglass fibers. :lol: Kudos to his wife too. I think the wifey does the knitting of the katcha. :)

MSM,

Now that is what we call a truly SUPPORTIVE wife, down to the last 'knit'......all wives of audio hobbyists should LEARN from this example. :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby qguy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:13 pm

That is one very old CPU, detubo pa, wheres the Green Monitor and Keyboard ?

BTW this should be posted in the computer section
qguy
Master
Master

Return to >> SENSIBLE AUDIO <<