My portable system. Luv it!

Moderator: detubo

My portable system. Luv it!

Postby detubo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 pm

More than 2 decades of Audiophilia has left me jaded. The last time I purchased a vinyl record was early this year. I recently began looking for something to ignite the passion in me again and I found it in the form of High Res Portable Audio and DSD. I always thought I would be forever content with my NOS DAC and Redbook format’s convenience. Of course I still listen to a lot of vinyl for some serious listening, but one day I read a couple of articles on the new High Res PCM and DSD formats. After some research, I decided to take the plunge and get a good pair of earphones (Sony XBA-A3) and a DSD compatible headphone amp/DAC (Geek Out 450).
To not get too overboard in my expenses, I built a portable system, purchased some DSD files I was familiar with, then BOOM! More air, more depth, more detail, more, more, more… What’s so great about this set up is that I can have High Res music with me wherever my travels take me. I can see myself now tweaking it, improving the quality further to the detriment of my bank account (which has already started). I now added a higher level of earphones (Sony XBA-Z5), headphones (Sony MDR-Z7) and portable amp/DAC (Sony PHA-3) to my collection. Why the penchant for Sony products? That’s another story all together.
Nowadays I’m telling fellow audiophiles to consider a great pair of headphones and a headphone amp + DAC as a reasonable alternative to high-end audio. My analog set up will always be there, but for now this is the new baby in the family. Happy listening.
detubo
Master
Master

Re: My portable system. Luv it!

Postby dogears » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:45 am

congrats chief. it all starts from there :)
dogears
Master
Master

Re: My portable system. Luv it!

Postby onedown » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:14 am

congrats and thanks for the review. i guess time for me to revive my headphone system.
onedown
Master
Master

Return to NOVEMBER HIFI SHOW