Keep calm, Hifi on!

Moderator: detubo

Keep calm, Hifi on!

Postby detubo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 am

Once a year the country’s Audio and Video-philes gather at the Dusit Thani Hotel to feast on the latest Hifi and Home Theatre offering from around the globe. The November Hifi Show is the only audio/video exhibition in the country produced by enthusiast, for the enthusiast. They take care on how the music and video is presented by making the most from the exhibitor’s set up. No blasting of loud noise aimlessly till your ears bleed. They appeal to the serious and critical audio/video hobbyist and professionals. All done in the name of FUN! See vacuum tube amps, Modern turntables, Restored reel to reel players, The latest flat screen TVs, Ton of LP records for sale and much more. See them for yourself at the Dusit Thani Hotel Makati on November 10-11 starting from 10am to 5pm. November Hifi Show 2012
detubo
Master
Master

Re: Keep calm, Hifi on!

Postby boytoy24 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:43 am

:up: :rock:
boytoy24
Muse

Postby sumnerbrowne » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:31 pm

detubo wrote:Image
Once a year the country’s Audio and Video-philes gather at the Dusit Thani Hotel to feast on the latest Hifi and Home Theatre offering from around the globe. The November Hifi Show is the only audio/video exhibition in the country produced by enthusiast, for the enthusiast. They take care on how the music and video is presented by making the most from the exhibitor’s set up. No blasting of loud noise aimlessly till your ears bleed. They appeal to the serious and critical audio/video hhttp://www.wiredstate.com/forum/postin ... 44#obbyist and professionals. All done in the name of FUN! See vacuum tube amps, Modern turntables, Restored reel to reel players, The latest flat screen TVs, Ton of LP records for sale and much more. See them for yourself at the Dusit Thani Hotel Makati on November 10-11 starting from 10am to 5pm. November Hifi Show 2012

EXCITING!:-)
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby jundai15 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:37 am

It will be hard to keep calm for a first timer like me to go to this event, I can't promise but of course I will be well behave, promise, more power to all of the organizers of the 2012 HI FI :rock:
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby qguy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:59 am

Oras na lang ang bilangan
qguy
Master
Master

Postby kaffee » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:24 am

Hi @detubo, would be quoting the first post (for a blog and an email), as well as the list of exhibitors here, if you don't mind.

Congrats to everyone at today's opening!

Thanks!
kaffee
Citizen
Citizen

Postby triokenwood » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Fist time to attend, too. Awesome!
triokenwood
Citizen
Citizen

Postby detubo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:42 am

kaffee wrote:Hi @detubo, would be quoting the first post (for a blog and an email), as well as the list of exhibitors here, if you don't mind.

Congrats to everyone at today's opening!

Thanks!

Please do. Thanks
detubo
Master
Master

Postby kaffee » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 pm

triokenwood wrote:Fist time to attend, too. Awesome!

You said it =)

A lovely, indescribable experience it was for a first-time attendee like myself. Thank you to everyone.

I hope you don't mind me posting a portion of my blog about the event:

The board at wiredstate.com was busy with posts, comments and reviews about the November HiFi Show as soon as Day 1 ended on Saturday, November 10, 2012.

I finally did make it on Day 2, Sunday afternoon, after Pres. Aquino, a known audiophile, had left. No media accompanied him, I was told, by my good friend the journalist who I finally had the favor of being in company with and was there ahead of me.

The November HiFi Show occupied rooms of the 2nd and 4th floors of the Dusit Thani Hotel in Makati City. I like this Event because unlike popular "trade shows," it gives one the moment to be up close and very personal with music and the owners who set up the equipment themselves in their respective listening rooms.

It was my first time at such a gathering and, unlike the veteran attendees, organizers and members posting comments at the forum, I was at a loss for words. When I found it all I can say is, what a profound and overwhelming experience it is.

To be face-to-face with exquisite craftsmanship, breathtaking music, and meeting the people who made this Event possible; main man Tony Boy de Leon ever so kindly led the tour and proudly showed off the room for the collection of the late businessman and acknowledged audiophile Johnny Cruz, affectionately called Mang Johnny of Balikbayan Handicrafts – what an honor it was to just be there and hold some of Mang Johnny's well-preserved vacuum tubes and audio ephemera…

Maybe what I have to say further may be too long for this post, may I invite you to read the rest of it and view some photos I took (or those I reminded myself of to take when I wasn't too subsumed by the presentation in the rooms I managed to visit), here.

Congratulations again to you, Tony Boy, and to everyone without whom true success of the 2012 Event wouldn't have been achieved. Looking forward to 2013's show.
kaffee
Citizen
Citizen

Return to NOVEMBER HIFI SHOW