PART 2--The Big Supersystems ( Infinity IRS II )

super-systems, audio insights...

Moderator: jadis

Postby jadis » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:50 am

Mullard,

From time to time he has. He also has a 'bedroom' system anchored on a pair of Cary Audio SETs and Ensemble Speakers. Also a sweet sounding set-up. I agree, the ARC electronics plays beautiful music with the IRS.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby mullard88 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:28 am

Jadis,

Please extend my gratitude to Henry for hosting a Lamm M2.2 listening session last night. It was great to see so many members of the PAS again. I regret not being able to stay longer and not being able to taste the food that Henry prepared as I had a blood test early this morning. It was also very nice of Jack and Keith to bring along Mike Pedero to show us acoustic treatments of various types of rooms. I was very impressed with the drum recordings that were played. It was a showcase of effortless dynamics, unlimited bass extension, and wonderful low frequency airiness. In fact, I heard some applause from the audience when the drum recording ended.
mullard88
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:06 am

Hi Phil,

Likewise please thank Henry for being Super as a person too. He was very kind, gracious and made us feel like we've been friends for a long time. The synergy of the Lamms with his system was startling to say the least. I was expecting some hardness and glare from so many ribbons but the sound was smooth and beguiling even at insane SPLs. Paramita's track 10 is a sonic tour de force but track 7 is a true rocker and I would buy the CD just for that song. The rythms are much like the tribal house (dance) music that keith and I enjoy so much when not in critical listening mode. I felt like dancing :lol:

The shoot out by proxy between designers Aussie Bruce Candy and Russkie Vladimir Lamm was especially fun with the monoblock Halcro's lightning transients squaring of with the Monoblock Lamm's complex harmonics. Both displaying extreme speed, agility and timing but with very different interpretations of the music.

Keith, Mike and I had a great time despite the language barrier :lol: Things such as age or background disapeared and in the end it was just a bunch of music lovers having fun. We were also very impressed with the whole group that despite the lateness of the hour, they all waited for us to finish crating our gear before heading out. That show's real class.

We will gladly do this for the group again.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:32 am

Mullard88,

Will surely relay you message to Henry. In fact, I will encourage him to read this thread by means of 'cyber-spoonfeed' from his dsl-ready daughters. I myself feel gratified for his agreeing to my humble request to turn Lamm plan A ( Lamma) into Lamm plan B ( Lammb ). :lol: :lol:

Jack,

Yes. The man is very amiable and accomodating. I am fortunate to have this super system, and 2 others, located within a 1 kilometer radius from my place. :lol: If I miss a 'bombing cut' like tracks 10 and 7 of Paramita, I simply make a little visit. :) It was a superb idea to invite a super-qualified acoustic tech man in the person of Mike Pedero to join us and the open forum that ensued was enjoyed by many of the attendees. And thanks too to you and Keith for making the yeoman's job to hauling in the 'crated' mono's in, it takes a lot of time and energy to do that. Saluten! When an audio session's intermission is graced by coffee, cola, pancit, mamon, danish cookies, and even RED WINE, what else can be missing? Plus the audio shootout part was just as enlightening as ever, doing an A-B-A sort of thing, complete with an A-B of the Lamms with acrylic base and then without it.....Whew.... WHAT-A-NIGHT !!!! Thanks again to all who made it happen.
Last edited by jadis on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby keith » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:31 pm

Hi Phil,

I had a wonderful time last night. I guess I was a little overwhelmed. As I listened to your system for the first time, I knew I was in for one h*ll of a night. I was a bit tired after coming from a children's party with Jack, but the music from your system was so natural, it just plastered a smile on my face. Sorry for hogging the sweet spot Jack. You've been there several times, this was my first time. Then, heading to that super system, I remember entering Henry's listening room and the sight of those IRS behemoths made me double back. Like Jack, I was also expecting some glare due to the number of tweeters, but boy, none there. At one point I was moving away from the IRS in anticipation of your starting track 10 of Paramita. But surprisingly, I didn't have to. Amazing speakers.

Please convey my appreciation to the group for having us over last night, most especially our gracious host Henry.

Keith
keith
walastick

Postby jadis » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:00 pm

Will do so, Keith. I'm glad you had a great time last night. I forgot to point out that the anticipation of the Lamms hauled in a record SRO crowd, and our gracious host Henry was happy for this kind of turnout, although I think he might be shopping for more chairs from listeningchairs.com to accomodate more seats for the next session, if ever. :lol: Our thanks to you and Jack too for the effort in bringing the Lamms over. We all intended it to be a learning experience, and I believed we achieved this goal last night.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby mullard88 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:50 pm

Jadis,

I hope that LAMM plan A will materialize. I would like to be one of the participants.
mullard88
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:50 pm

mullard88 wrote:Jadis,

I hope that LAMM plan A will materialize. I would like to be one of the participants.

mullard,

chances are slim now...
jadis
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Jadis' Corner