THE END OF AN ERA...REBUILD...REBIRTH

super-systems, audio insights...

Moderator: jadis

Postby jadis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:12 am

Very early on, upon seeing the original Diva dust cover, the Record Doctor Remus immediately observed that the design, with the cover on sitting on the platter, will have more weight on the right side which covers the tone arm area, hence will cause the suspension to sit unevenly while the cover is on. The solution is to make the cover rest not on the platter but on the 3 casing of the suspension feet which needed to be elevated a bit, so as not to stress the suspension via the platter. I found 1 round iso puck Made in Taiwan :lol: and cut it into half. Just right to get 2 pieces as the 3rd casing on the right cannot be elevated by a puck since it will hit the cartridge. Found just the right thing to elevate the right side near the tonearm - a tall piece of styrofoam cut to size. :lol: Result?

Elevated cover, not stressing the spring suspension via the platter. Parang 'magnetic floating device'. :lol:

And finally, 'GOODNIGHT IRENE'. :lol: A nice silky blanket to cover the Diva for the night. I just hate the thought of dust crawling into the Diva, and normally I don't let Divas hang out in the cold. :D

jadis
Legend
Legend

Re: THE END OF AN ERA...REBUILD...REBIRTH

Postby dimfer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 pm

I thought divas prefer to sleep nekid? more accessible that way :devil:
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:28 pm

dimfer wrote:I thought divas prefer to sleep nekid? more accessible that way :devil:

At least not to the public. :lol:

I get to strip her at my will, starting midnight. :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby dimfer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:38 pm

gusto mo yung may konting suspense - habang tinatalupan :devil: how do you strip her? front to back or back to front?
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:57 pm

dimfer wrote:gusto mo yung may konting suspense - habang tinatalupan :devil: how do you strip her? front to back or back to front?

:x :x :x :x :x

baka nagbabasa ang daughter ko, mahilig magsumbong yan (maski wala). :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby dimfer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm

oh, akala ko TT mo ang pinag-usapan natin
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:03 pm

dimfer wrote:oh, akala ko TT mo ang pinag-usapan natin

pag itong avid diva. front to back. :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Found this again of Avid's FB page. Is this the future??? :D Though I see some problems apart from finding the 2nd arm post and mounting bracket, and paying for the arm and cartridge :devil: - I don't know how to lift the cueing lever that far behind but the thing sure looks good to me. :inlove:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:22 pm

jadis wrote:Image

Found this again of Avid's FB page. Is this the future??? :D Though I see some problems apart from finding the 2nd arm post and mounting bracket, and paying for the arm and cartridge :devil: - I don't know how to lift the cueing lever that far behind but the thing sure looks good to me. :inlove:

Sanayan lang Indiana ;)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 pm

JackD201 wrote:
jadis wrote:Image

Sanayan lang Indiana ;)

looks like it, jack. practice needed. something you and the emperor must have perfected already. :)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 am

DUST COVER LIFTER - MARK II :D

Stressing the spring suspensions in a tilted manner is bad, specially when it's done by a plastic dust cover which is sitting on it virtually every night, and I had made some 'band-aid' solution via some pucks lying around the shelves. The Record Doctor ingeniously thought of a better way, or better looking way to deal with it and he custom-made for me 3 metal inserts complete with black rubber foam to actually mimic the suspension cover and still lift the dust cover up and away from the platter so as not to stress the suspension springs when it is on. The result is DC LIFTER MK II. (Following the footsteps of one speaker model that grew to MK VIII). :lol:

HAPPY FEET: :D

Thanks again to Remus for the brilliant idea and product. Now on to the next project. I thought it would never end and I think I'm right. :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Jadis' Corner