THE EMT 930 Studio Turntable

super-systems, audio insights...

Moderator: jadis

Postby jadis » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:05 pm

Jon Agner wrote:Jadis:

Here 'ya go:

Thanks for the clearer pic, Jon. Much better than mine.:)
jadis
Legend
Legend

EMT 930 at the 2007 HIFI show

Postby lovesaudio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:21 pm

HI PHILIP AND JON,
WTHOUT MONSIEUR JADIS AND HIS RECORDS AND HIS KOETSU BLACK, THE SOUND WOULDN'T BE HALF AS GOOD. IMAGINE IF INSTEAD OF USING JUST THE KOETSU BLACK [ALL I CAN AFFORD], WE USED INSTEAD THE "TIGER EYE!"
I CAN'T PLACE YOU JON ALTHOUGH YOU LOOK LIKE MY FAVORITE ACTRESS ANGELINA JOLIE; ANYWAY THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL PIC.
LITO
lovesaudio

Re: EMT 930 at the 2007 HIFI show

Postby jadis » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:32 pm

lovesaudio wrote:HI PHILIP AND JON,
WTHOUT MONSIEUR JADIS AND HIS RECORDS AND HIS KOETSU BLACK, THE SOUND WOULDN'T BE HALF AS GOOD. IMAGINE IF INSTEAD OF USING JUST THE KOETSU BLACK [ALL I CAN AFFORD], WE USED INSTEAD THE "TIGER EYE!"
I CAN'T PLACE YOU JON ALTHOUGH YOU LOOK LIKE MY FAVORITE ACTRESS ANGELINA JOLIE; ANYWAY THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL PIC.
LITO

Thanks for the kind words, my very good friend. Of course your ARC electronics contributed immensely to the good synergy.

Jon,

Time to post a picture of yourself or else you might end up being mistaken for Angelina Jolie :!: :?: :shock:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Phil, Lito,

I'll upload the picture of me and Philip with the EMT soon... that's the one you took ;)

Anyway, here's another picture of his system during the Hifi Show

Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:17 pm

Excellent pic, Jon.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:16 pm

Jon Agner wrote:Phil,

I'll post another picture of the EMT later. But first, here's a picture of you, Senor Sensible and the EMT:

I have always wanted to give my due respect to the man standing beside me here, but in those many days I have not collected my thoughts to coherently put forth a worthy tribute to the man whom I regard as the first man from whom I learned 'high-end' audio - Mr Sensible/lovesaudio/Lito Gelano.

Year was around 1985, a friend of mine who was not exactly into hi-end audio read an ad of LG in the Bulletin Today and actually visited him and saw his gears. Later on, he brought me to the old house of LG at Dasmarinas Street and on hand I saw things that I never saw before laid before my eyes and singing. The Double Quads, various vintage tube gears, Snell speakers, Infinity RS4.5 speakers, The Great White Whale speakers (not to be confused with the great white sharks of WS :lol: ). And LG played half speed LPS like Windham Hills, D2Ds like Grusin and Amanda, and the CANTATAS, as he calls the album, which turns out to be the legendary Cantate Domino by Proprius. Later on I would learn about the fabulous Mercury Living Presence from him, and also the RCA shaded dogs, white dogs, etc. Our friendship even blossomed into our becoming partners in the introduction of Rogers Loudspeakers (UK) to these shores in the early 90s; yours truly was the importer and LG was my main distributor. The rest may be history but still I was priviledged and honored to have been invited by LG to help out in his ARC room in the just ended Hi Fi Show. My way of thanking him for letting me in to his audio world and way of life. Muchas Gracias, Senor. (I only rememeber this much bec I skipped Spanish 3 and 4 kasi at that time 'alien' ako, pwede mag-elective so I took Japanese 1 & 2 as easy substitutes) :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Jadis' Corner