"TRODT TR2A3"

Mang Rod's audio creations...

Moderator: kabubi

"TRODT TR2A3"

Postby Audiogeek » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:09 pm

HOLD YOUR BREATH !

THE SUPERCOOL TR2A3

The NEW Tube Regulated SET Integrated Stereo Amplifier, Power Tubes 2A3, at 3 Watts per Channel, with KT88 as tube regulator output.

CONGRATS!
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

TR2A3

Postby kabubi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:40 pm

Ayan na!
T-Rex 2A3!!

Unleashed :!: 8) :D :lol:

congratulations TrodT/AVA Audio! di na talaga mapigilan...
keep the masterpieces coming.

ano naman kaya ang susunod :?: :idea:
kabubi
Legend
Legend

TR2A3

Postby kabubi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:42 pm

Ayan na!
T-Rex 2A3!!

Unleashed :!: 8) :D :lol:

congratulations TrodT/AVA Audio! di na talaga mapigilan...
keep the masterpieces coming.

ano naman kaya ang susunod :?: :idea:
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby ESaudio » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:01 pm

I guess another Dinosaur !!!
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Audiogeek » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:43 pm

To the Owner of the New Trodt TR2A3:

Congrats Bro. Your Altec Lansing's "Voice of the Theatre" speaker must now be happy. Parinig naman.

Footnote:

I just learned that this speaker is a piece of audio history, quote:

1953: After competitive tests, Altec's "Voice of the Theatre" became the only motion picture speaker systems approved by the Research Council of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The "Voice of the Theatre" systems soon became the worldwide standard.

A demo unit of the Trodt TR2A3 will soon be available.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Audiogeek » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:18 am

Trodt Audio will soon release a new dedicated amplifier and tube regulated TR2A3 for hi sens speaker users. After having auditioned the demo unit of this amp for 3 days, i found only one problem:

it can drive my 88db Tannoy M2 HIFI Speaker of the Year and 90db KEFQ7 with ease
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby boombastig » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:05 pm

Another superb sounding gear in the works! Keep it coming Mang Rod! ! ! . . .we need more products from homegrown audio geniuses. As we Pinoys reach greater heights like the guys who scaled Mt. Everest, am sure we can be proud that we can create beautiful sounding audio work of art! Looks like a killer of an amp also!

Congrats!
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Amplifine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:39 pm

Beyond Nationalism :D This is one truly superb sounding amplifier. Palpable and tranparent. Real meat and bones and surprisingly enough juice to drive the epos m5 at 87db. I almost assumed I would hook them up to my 92db Audio definition floor standers by I simply sat in awe at a truly captivating performance. I could not leave my chair!!! I first hooked it up to my Yves Cochet preamp but I never got a chance to tweaking as I USUALLY DO! For the first time in years of experiencing Audio Bliss this amp actually had me reviewing the music rather than the equipment. Gone are the days of matching half a dozen interconnects and speaker cables, or even changing preamps. This amp is absolutely and literally STUNNING.

Experience it for yourself: Hifi Lounge 4th floor Festival Mall Filinvest City Alabang (917) 544-5600
Amplifine
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TonyC » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:31 am

Hi Amplifine,

Very encouraging info....did the amp favor any type of music?...how much did this amp cost?....thanks :)
TonyC
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Audiogeek » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:44 pm

Walter, congrats with your new product line. It's a nice pinoy-made audiophile amplifier. i tried it myself with my 3 sets of speaker. It really caught me - pants down. i have no doubt that it's an all-around amplifier.

Mang Rod, who told me about the redesigned transformers aside from being tube regulated, is waiting for the delivery of additional chassis for this baby with a new finish.

For those who want to listen or audition this amp, you can go Walter's place in alabang and bring your bring speaker, if you wish.

Walter, when are you going to invite us to your place?

Congrats!
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Amplifine » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:47 pm

TonyC wrote:Hi Amplifine,

Very encouraging info....did the amp favor any type of music?...how much did this amp cost?....thanks :)

Mostly vocals on Verve. Haven't had much time lately but will try with other recordings this week. Smooth Jazz on GRP, Classical / Opera on Decca and RR etc. Haven't gone through the entire Battery. :? Costs 35K which is very very reaonable in comparison to the Sun Audio and other counterparts. Most of all it's the first Gas tube regulated type I've seen. Glad to know that it's a Filipino invention. Had a regulated amp using a 6550 (Lumley) but not as sophisticated as this one.
Amplifine
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:51 pm

Amplifine,

OT: Kelan pa nagbukas yung Hifi Lounge???
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby Amplifine » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:51 pm

Audiogeek wrote:Walter, congrats with your new product line. It's a nice pinoy-made audiophile amplifier. i tried it myself with my 3 sets of speaker. It really caught me - pants down. i have no doubt that it's an all-around amplifier.

Mang Rod, who told me about the redesigned transformers aside from being tube regulated, is waiting for the delivery of additional chassis for this baby with a new finish.

For those who want to listen or audition this amp, you can go Walter's place in alabang and bring your bring speaker, if you wish.

Walter, when are you going to invite us to your place?

Congrats!

Saturday club reunion? :lol: :lol:
Amplifine
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Amplifine » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:52 pm

Jon Agner wrote:Amplifine,

OT: Kelan pa nagbukas yung Hifi Lounge???

2 years na but I just recently joined them. Breaking through little by little :)
Amplifine
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:19 am

Glad to know that it's a Filipino invention.

I'd say Filipino Creation. 8)

There is nothing more to invent in tube circuits. All of which are variations of existing designs (application notes for solid state) from the 1930's :wink:
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Amplifine » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:40 am

I'm inclined to agree. However would I be wrong to assume that this maybe the 1st time that this type of regulation was used in an Audio Amplifier. Don't really know of any company that does this. :? :?:
Amplifine
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 am

Amplifine, that is the advantage of DIY!

You can't find gas regulators on commercial amps simply because there's no new production gas regulators.

Series pass and shunt regulation have been with many amp designs of old. To avoid this issue (lack of gas regulators, tube references), many manufacturers (Audible Illusions, Conrad Johnson, Anthem, Audio Research, etc.) use shunt or series pass regulation via solid state devices which are readily available and in current production. Besides being smaller and more efficient they can be easily integrated in most designs.

But nothing beats the purple glow of gas regulators. :wink:

In typical single ended, Class A operation where current is more constant, you can do away with regulation. But for Pentode push pull designs, specially for screen grid, it will be imperative to have regulation. I learned this the hard way when I made my first pentode amp.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Audiogeek » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:59 am

101% agree ako dyan. you dont have to reinvent the wheel to become a filipino wheel or whatever. tube regulation is as old as our forefathers. but this has been of limited production nowadays. suffice it to say that this is one of favorite creations of diyers. some famous names produced tube regulated equipment like Manley preamps, First Sound preamps, BAT preamps, antique soundlab (?) and Jadis. i dont know why they stopped at one point or another. probably, material consideration like few tube supply or there are new and better ss tube regulation.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rascal101 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:15 am

For tube regulated amps, this additional tube adds more even ordered harmonics hence improving sound?
rascal101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:28 am

As I mentioned, supply of tube gas regulators and voltage references are not adequate for commercial applications. These are the core elements of a regulator, ke shunt o series pass.

Mel, you're a power supply guru. Tell me, how will a DC (power supply) affect the AC (sound) properties of the amplifier? We know that in a simple power supply design, the PSU capacitors forms part of the signal path. So active loading has been used to isolate the signal path from the power supply. Kaya may mga tube constant current sources noon, na ngayon ay solid state na karamihan (again, due to size and availability).

Will a tube regulator provide the same effect as active loading? Hindi ko din alam.

Baka pwede mo ipuslit yung FFT or Spectrum Analyzer dyan, so we can see if nadagdagan talaga ng even ordered harmonics. :)
Last edited by arnoldc on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to >> TRODT/AVA Audio <<