Introducing: Trodt Fire (Tube Regulated Power Supply)

Mang Rod's audio creations...

Moderator: kabubi

Postby tony » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:48 pm

the big one is the series pass tube probably a 6080/6AS7G, the two small ones are for errror correction voltage amp 6FR7 or the likes, and another a gas tube, probably an OA2.

i am glad to see amps coming out that are not "traditional" and solid-state rectified to boot. :D

go go go pinoy! please go and post this at pinoydvd,
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Alteraudio » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:08 pm

Aha! for Pinoy-Only ha. Baka gagayahin ng mga 'Kano yan, sila pa naman ang maraming tubo.
Alteraudio

Postby Audiogeek » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:08 am

Here's the 5881 variation of the Trodt "Fire".

Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Audiogeek » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:02 pm

Alteraudio wrote:Any difference

Just want to make a little footnote here as i have already personally listened to this another Pinoy innovation.

The difference is clearly visible on the amp. A push-pull solidstate amp or most amps for that matter is armed with big caps as we normally see them on top of the chassis. With tube regulation, the regulators take the place of the caps and the difference is obvious. Again, im not in the postion to post a review.

Hello Joan. Ang galing mo. yes, those are the regulators you've mentioned. i heard Mang Rod has already made and delivered a stand-alonetube regulated preamp.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby CCC » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:25 pm

Audiogeek wrote:
Alteraudio wrote:Any difference

i heard Mang Rod has already made and delivered a stand-alonetube regulated preamp.

Just wondering, would he have a stand-alone head amp as well?
CCC
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Audiogeek » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:45 pm

Hello CCC. Yes, Mang Rod can also make a stand-alone or dedicated amp, at your own option. If you have an existing preamp, that is advisable so you can negotiate or get a reduce price. You can inquire from him thru his house number above.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tony » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:20 pm

half of any amp is its psu, mang rod's capitalising on a tried and tested formula is a sure winner... :D
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby CCC » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:16 am

Salamat po and Happy New Year to all!
CCC
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Audiogeek » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:51 pm

This is pure tube.

Time is appropriate now to share a little info on this amazing amp. Cooking period of two weeks is I think sufficient enough considering the number of hours in active use per day this amp underwent, although I would have preferred to cook it for at least 100-150 hours.

Again this is just a post to log a simple and basic test result I made on the amp – a hum test (power, volume control only and no audio). This is not a review as others would normally do in a full system set-up relative with an audio playback.

Equipment:

1. Amps - i.) US Parasound Class A Bridge/AB SS amp; ii.) Trodt “Fire”,
2. Preamp – Branded preamp known for hum problem (owner identity withheld)
3. Speaker – Reference BACR9 (large bookshelf, 150wts, 8 ohms, 90db)
4. Sp. Cable – Ordinary house 300v electrical wire (intentional)
5. Interconnect – Low end RCA interconnect (pakapin na accessory ng 2T pesos worth of china made dvd player (intentional)
6. Player – None. This is just a hum test.
7. LP/CD - None.

Test A (1.i, 2, 3, 4 and 5)

Result: At zero volume, the hum from the preamp is already audible within a foot from the grill of the speaker. At 12 o’clock – full turn volume, the hum is really unacceptable.

Test B (1.ii, 2, 3, 4 and 5)

Result: At zero volume, I was checking the cable and interconnect, baka hindi naka connect or natanggal. Okay, just kidding. No hum. At 12 o’clock – full turn volume, preamp is clean.

Mang Rod has no demo unit available for now. I just ordered for construction of two (2) dedicated amps to be fitted with my stock two quads of JJ/TESLA KT88 which I bought in 1999. I had my Trodt 845 converted too to tube regulated PSU, baka maubosan ako.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arnoldc » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:23 pm

what is the input sensitivity of the solid state amp?

what is the input sensitivity of the trodt amp?

your test is inconclusive. i am just being objective and i'm not trying to rain on your parade.

ps.

why don't you post that "branded preamp with hum problem" so that potential buyers will be warned.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Audiogeek » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:34 am

Most of you guys probably can remember the Trodt Audio 845 which was exhibited during the first Wiredstate Hi-Fi Show as the LPL Manor. Well, Mang Rod just upgraded it into a tube regulated power supply, no-hum, 1000 volts, monster amplifier.

This is the picture before the upgrade:

This is the picture after the upgrade:

To Mang Rod, thank you very much for this rare privelege of owning one of your finest audio artworks and bringing audiophile listening to a higher level. I hope you stop making tube regulated amps or preamps. Just kidding.

To the guys who ask Mang Rod to make a tube regulated 2A3, monoblocks 845, and preamp, congrats. your music listening will never be the same again.

To those who have none, you ain't heard nothin yet.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

TrodT Audio 845

Postby kabubi » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:28 pm

Atorni,

ang bangiiiiis ng improved version ng TrodT Audio 845 niyo, sir! :D

parang...parang si...

Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao

i can't help but think na napaka-auspicious ng labas niya, sinsabay ng tagumpay ni Manny. can't help but think how your monster amp is so
much alike with our boxing hero, particularly along several aspects. Like Manny, your new 845 is...

fast, strong, well-built and powerul
a manifestation of the best in Filipinos
a much much improved version over the original one
a sure knockout

congrats on your souped-up toy, A-geek!

maybe you'd like to name this thing the "TrodT 845 Pacman" :lol:
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Superman » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:59 am

congrats audiogeek! :) :lol: :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Audiogeek » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:37 pm

Thanks buboy, superman. Ok nga yan - 845 Pacman. he he. pang wallop talaga. i enjoy so much the sound of this amp, espcially after its latest upgrade. Hello superman, Leo told me about you when we had a coffee eb at ucc one time. thanks mga pare. enjoy lang tayo.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ESaudio » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:48 pm

I am just a newbie tubie as of December 15, 2005. With the tube regulated power supply of Mang Rod, i did not hesitate to buy two (2) integrated amps just recently introduced by Audiogeek as TRODT FIRE.

Thanks to the masterpieces of Mang Rod.

Yung isang bago ko na tube gear, with all due respect, itinabi ko muna.

MABUHAY SI PACMAN!!! MABUHAY si MANG ROD!!! MABUHAY ang PINOY!!!
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

stand alone all tube amp

Postby skeesix » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:42 pm

YUP! Mang Rod has created for me a stand alone all tube amplifier.We used the Russian EH300b Gold edition in single ended mode ,producing 8 watts of sweet sounding music.He is adding meters for easy adjustment of bias and tube rolling. :wink:
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rascal101 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:57 pm

Sir,

What are the advantages of using tubes instead of solid state for the power supply? How does it compare to solid state rectified using 2 soft recovery diodes in parallel to reduce forward voltage? Or, 2 ultrafast diodes in parallel with 0.1uF or 10nF cap in parallel to ensure smooth transition from turn on to turn off.

Thanks.
Last edited by rascal101 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rascal101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rascal101 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:02 pm

How about MOSFET with low Rdson?
rascal101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rascal101 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:09 pm

How does bulk e-cap ripple voltage look like with tube rectified?
rascal101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Audiogeek » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:07 pm

Hello Rascal. I may not be able to answer your questions nor distinguish clearly in technical terms what is and what is not. If you dont mind, you can call Mang Rod thru 5221696.

I would be very happy to invite you to my place if you are interested. The difference can only be heard thru the sound. Just PM me and i will give you the direction. Thanks bro. Enjoy.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to >> TRODT/AVA Audio <<