Waiting for the 70's

Mang Rod's audio creations...

Moderator: kabubi

Re: Waiting for the 70's

Postby tony » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:16 am

Audiogeek wrote:
tony wrote:
Audiogeek wrote:kawawa talaga pilipinas, ordinary na pala ang gm70 sa vietnam.
samantalang ito pa lang ang unang gawa dito. kulilat na pala
tayo pati sa audio. siningitan pa ng GK71. :)

beg to differ.....GM70 and the like projects are not for the faint of heart, that it is only done here and only now to me is a non-issue....

and it takes a Mang Rod to do it.....

vietnam is one country that has a meeting of Diy'ers showcasing nothing but diy projects, no commercial products......wish there is one here..... ;)

well said. can you share and educate us more on the GK71 in another thread? ;)

i ordered these tubes but balked when my initial orders of 6C33's arrived at my doors after 8 months, the anxiety caused is not worth it.......the GM70 looks ike an 813 without the suppresor and beam plates, the GK71 is also like an 813 that is to say nothing of the filaments....sorry for the ot....
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ESaudio » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:29 am

Proudly Pinoy!

ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby nicole » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:57 pm

tony wrote:@nicole, meron din bang GK71 dyan?

magtatanong ako, incase meron inform ko kayo sa price. tanong ko na din kung magkano GM70 para meron kayong comparison sa price.
nicole
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Audiogeek » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:23 pm

tony wrote:
Audiogeek wrote:
tony wrote:beg to differ.....GM70 and the like projects are not for the faint of heart, that it is only done here and only now to me is a non-issue....

and it takes a Mang Rod to do it.....

vietnam is one country that has a meeting of Diy'ers showcasing nothing but diy projects, no commercial products......wish there is one here..... ;)

well said. can you share and educate us more on the GK71 in another thread? ;)

i ordered these tubes but balked when my initial orders of 6C33's arrived at my doors after 8 months, the anxiety caused is not worth it.......the GM70 looks ike an 813 without the suppresor and beam plates, the GK71 is also like an 813 that is to say nothing of the filaments....sorry for the ot....

admittedly, anxiety is commonly due to old age, with me as no exception.
that's why we love music to cure, at least, and subside our blood pressures.
that is interesting to know if you pursue a parallel GM70 thru GK71 or 813
like the 6c33. it is not ot afterall. good luck. This is a free country. enjoy. ;)
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby gygie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:16 pm

no doubt na mas maganda ang GM70 compare with 6c33c, malayo rin kasi sa presyo eh.
gygie
Citizen
Citizen

The 70's Have Arrived

Postby boombastig » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Just hooked up my LSA1 with my newfound love gm70, and wowoweee. Sobrang ganda! Words do not do justice to it.
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dieya! » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 am

Hell yeah!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
dieya!
Citizen
Citizen

Re: The 70's Have Arrived

Postby skeesix » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:35 pm

boombastig wrote:Just hooked up my LSA1 with my newfound love gm70, and wowoweee. Sobrang ganda! Words do not do justice to it.

Congrats! Jim :)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby boombastig » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 pm

Salamat Captain. . . at last the long wait is over. Last year pa tayo nag-accumulate ng parts. . . remember the caps and sockets I asked you to get for me? Kasama lahat yan ang now here it is. . . . with LSA1 (serial number of which is my birthday. . .)

boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Audiogeek » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:10 am

congrats jimbo. havent really had a chance to listen to the
first of the 70s in full color. enjoy. :clap:
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:31 am

Bagay na bagay :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ka-buboy, itanong mo kay MR kung ano ang tunog ng matagal mo nang hinihintay :devil: :devil: :devil:

Clue: Pinsang buo ng LSA 1 :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby kabubi » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:26 am

Unifield!
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby skeesix » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:24 pm

boombastig wrote:Salamat Captain. . . at last the long wait is over. Last year pa tayo nag-accumulate ng parts. . . remember the caps and sockets I asked you to get for me? Kasama lahat yan ang now here it is. . . . with LSA1 (serial number of which is my birthday. . .)

It should sound better with my LSA 2s ;) My audio journey is now in a cruise. At this point, I would like to enjoy and appreciate the music with my VT 25 pre, 6C33C PSEs c/o of MR and other gears. By chance if I get to listen to a new creation, temptation might again set in. :devil:
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby boombastig » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:04 am

Listening to this new creation is like swimming in quicksand. The more you move, the deeper you get into it, and by deeper, i really mean deeper. This new amp can really cause temporary insanity, at least the duration for you to bring out your cash and place the order in. Hypnotic and you will be in "Shock and Awe"...
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tony » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi,

it is indeed lamentable that the "tubes art' is getting lost in this country, i mean not that many younger diy'ers are taking up tubes, i am 57 and not much time left.....it will be indeed sad if no one steps up the plate when we are gone....just thinking out loud........ :(
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 pm

One thing that has to be removed from the Filipino psyche is the terribly erroneous idea that white collar jobs are the best jobs. I don't know how many families I've seen where resources go towards educating one child to become a professional and the others are sacrificed, only for their accounting grad to flip burgers. There is honor in any job done honorably. Seeing the contributions of OFWs are keeping us afloat and they're appreciated as heroes, I hope that parents will see that technical and vocational educations are excellent alternatives.

I guarantee that if we increase our base of electronics technicians and the like and not even EEs per se like our neighbors, we would see many more DIYers.

Wow I'm ranting! Sorry about that Tech Voc has always been one of my main advocacies.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby enzolm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:33 am

JackD201 wrote:One thing that has to be removed from the Filipino psyche is the terribly erroneous idea that white collar jobs are the best jobs. I don't know how many families I've seen where resources go towards educating one child to become a professional and the others are sacrificed, only for their accounting grad to flip burgers. There is honor in any job done honorably. Seeing the contributions of OFWs are keeping us afloat and they're appreciated as heroes, I hope that parents will see that technical and vocational educations are excellent alternatives.

I guarantee that if we increase our base of electronics technicians and the like and not even EEs per se like our neighbors, we would see many more DIYers.

Wow I'm ranting! Sorry about that Tech Voc has always been one of my main advocacies.

Cong. Jack,

May I recommend " The Case for Working With Your Hands....Or Why Office Work is Bad for Us and Fixing Things Feels Good" by Matthew Crawford ( Penguin Books ) as a summer read? I think you will find this book surprisingly rewarding despite it's deceptively lightweight title. Best read with pages you can actually dog-ear.

Regards.
enzolm
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to >> TRODT/AVA Audio <<