TRODT AUDIO

Mang Rod's audio creations...

Moderator: kabubi

Postby ESaudio » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:44 am

boombastig wrote:Mga kaibigan, di pa kumakapit sa system ko yun. I just borrowed it to test in my system. This is the prototype and I don't think Mang Rod will allow me to get away with the prototype. Sayang nga, I would've liked it to stay like it was in the picture. So pwede nyo pa marinig. Will return it in a few days. . . or so I would like you to think... heh heh heh :lol:

Jimbo, ang alam ko may mga nagawa si MR na mga bagong projects these past months, pero yung mga prototype hindi pa ata naibabalik. Sa palagay ko may pinaglalagyan na'ng mga yun. :D
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:29 am

kabubi wrote:Skee,

i think they are 6GM5 tubes...

Indeed those are 6GM5s. What I was refering to is MRs preference between KT88 and 6550s on a push pull amp. :) In fact he has a bias for Svetlana 6550s.
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ESaudio » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:13 pm

kabubi wrote:

and to you Atty ES O. Joe...maghanda ka na sa bagong project natin! :D let's go and do something earth-shaking :D

Roger on that Ka Buboy!!! Naka-drawing na sa utak ni MR ang earth-shaking circuit for the upcoming project at nangangati na mga daliri n'ya . . . :lol:
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:50 am

I heard from a reliable source that the next big project is a SET amp using those evil looking 6c33c Russian tubes :roll: Of course the main propoments are our good friends P n K. :wink:
My TRODT 6550 pushpull amp came home yesterday PM, after more than a month in the drawing board and two weeks in the making. This started as a power amp, then integrated with features to be mentioned. Powered by matched quad Cryoset Svetlana 6550 power tubes which are slightly shorter than the regular SED 6550s MR has in stock, all NOS 6080WC regulator, a pair of 6fq7/6cg7, 4 12at7wc, and OA2WA gas tube. It has 4 bias meters and trimmers up front for ease in tube rolling to KT88s, El34, etc. MR installed bass and treble adjustments to tailor make the sound to ones music preference. Removable jumper wires where installed to cut these out JIC a preamp will be installed on the rear in/outs. :)Like all of his present creations, this is also part of his AG series. Unfortunately, the OPT covers I provided where too small, and my small music room became warmer. :( Only the pwr xfrmr is covered. :( MR confided that he was so impressed by the results, he intends to make one for himself. :) Where do I go from here :? Perhaps make one myself?Cheers!

Last edited by skeesix on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ESaudio » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:08 am

skee6 wrote:I heard from a reliable source that the next big project is a SET amp using those evil looking 6c33c Russian tubes :roll: Of course the main propoments are our good friends P n K. :wink:
My TRODT 6550 pushpull amp came home yesterday PM, after more than a month in the drawing board and two weeks in the making. This started as a power amp, then integrated with features to be mentioned. Powered by matched quad Cryoset Svetlana 6550 power tubes which are slightly shorter than the regular SED 6550s MR has in stock, all NOS 6080WC regulator, a pair of 6fq7/6cg7, 4 12at7wc, and OA2WA gas tube. It has 4 bias meters and trimmers up front for ease in tube rolling to KT88s, El34, etc. MR installed bass and treble adjustments to tailor make the sound to ones music preference. Removable jumper wires where installed to cut these out JIC a preamp will be installed on the rear in/outs. :)Like all of his present creations, this is also part of his AG series. Unfortunately, the OPT covers I provided where too small, and my small music room became warmer. :( Only the pwr xfrmr is covered. :( MR confided that he was so impressed by the results, he intends to make one for himself. :) Where do I go from here :? Perhaps make one myself?Cheers!

Skee, congrats with your new baby! I missed it yesterday by a split second. MR himself confided to me that your new amp equipped with bass and treble controls indeed sounds great. Napailing mismo si MR. :shock: Gagawa raw s'ya ng outboard bass and treble control for his own use and mine too. :)

Skee, pix naman dyan!
Last edited by ESaudio on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks Patrick! Yes will post pictures. :) Iba ang may bass and treble with options to cut it off. :) :D
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby gygie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:27 pm

my trodt kt-88 mono integrated ampImage
ito ang ipinag palit ko sa dating rogue cronus integrated amp. the one and only mono integrated amp made and designed by mang rod.
gygie
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ESaudio » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:52 pm

gygie wrote:my trodt kt-88 mono integrated ampImage
ito ang ipinag palit ko sa dating rogue cronus integrated amp. the one and only mono integrated amp made and designed by mang rod.

Ayaaan!!!! At last, inilabas mo rin bro yung matagal mo ng tinatago and inasam-asam! I think the one in the pix is for the left channel.
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby gygie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:03 pm

right channel bro. pero identical sila eh. so wala naman left or right.
gygie
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ESaudio » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Now i remember, this is the original AG Series amp of Mang Rod!
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Patrick, pictures posted on the thread. Confirm you are comming on the 26th. PMed you the address. :)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ESaudio » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:46 pm

skee6 wrote:

Hannneeepp Skee!!! Para'ng hindi Made in Conchu! Dito ata napailing si MR. :D

With the pictures now posted, how can i refuse. MR and I confirm our presence.

Thanks Skee!
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby gygie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:20 pm

ESaudio wrote:
skee6 wrote:

Hannneeepp Skee!!! Para'ng hindi Made in Conchu! Dito ata napailing si MR. :D

With the pictures now posted, how can i refuse. MR and I confirm our presence.

Thanks Skee!

bro, the last time na nakita ko yan sa trodt factory kalas-kalas pa yan. at ginagawa pa yung transformer. ngayon, WOW! :shock:
gygie
Citizen
Citizen

Postby highlander » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:43 am

Skee,
Ikaw ba nagpagawa nung casing? O may nadiskubre na naman si MR
na bagong fabricator? Brushed aluminum with gold plated screws...,matching knobs....pati yung meters....Ganda :!:

Yung tunog e 'given' na... :wink:

Congratulations :!:
highlander
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby qguy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:45 am

whats the rectifier tube ?
qguy
Master
Master

Skee's 6550

Postby kabubi » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:56 am

Skee baby,

alam mo, habang naglalaway ako sa mga pics na pinost mo, nai-imagine ko yung ngiti sa mukha mo :D in my mind, it is a very mischievous grin. ha! ha! ha!

maghintay-hintay lang yang 6550 mo, o Captain my Captain. may itatapat kami diyan :D

may i suggest that you give your new toy a name, my good man?

all the best, sir.

k
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Amplifine » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:37 pm

Been away from Audio for a long time! Please give my regards and well wishes to MR!
Amplifine
Citizen
Citizen

Postby skeesix » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanks Gents :!: Credit all goes to MR, his creativity, and genius. :) I know what Kabubi and Esaudio are cooking. The evil looking tubes are in the works. :twisted: We are still figuring out how to put the name and other wordings on the face plate without damaging the brush aluminum finish.The faceplate is easy to remove. The two output transformer covers are for installation. The ones I got where too small. MR intends to change the output toggle selector to a rotary switch for uniformity. With the bias trimmers (four plastic groumets) and meters, rolling to KT88s, EL34s etc is easy.
The 6550 sure sounds great. I dont have any KT88s to compare it . Perhaps in the future :wink:
Welcome back John. I tried in vain to search for your shop at the Festival mall. :(
The casing and xformer covers came from HKG. Its a bit big , but easy to work on per MR :)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:12 pm

qguy wrote:whats the rectifier tube ?

Per MR, 6080Wc power regulator output, OA2 gas regulator, and diode rectified. B+ 500VDC regulated to 420VDC. The amp will return to MR soon for further fine tunning, installation of the output covers, and maybe rolling to 12AX7 tubes :)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:18 pm

The evil tubes are here! Buboy, Patrick, and MR came over yesterday with a samplle of the monster tube that will power the next big project. Very massive and impressive looking. :twisted: I believe it will be a PSE amp, with a 40 watt output :twisted: Anthony, the diy master speaker builder was with us over beer,popcorn, pizza, and of course lots of audio discussions. He tweaked my boomy speakers by simply adding some foam in the middle section. :wink: These speakers are powered by my new Trodt pushpull amp. We had it singing from 1730h to around 2200h with the quad SED 6550 tubes and power transformer just warm to touch. Indeed, MR and Anthony where proud of their own creations.
An enjoyable night with great people! :)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to >> TRODT/AVA Audio <<