TRODT AUDIO

Mang Rod's audio creations...

Moderator: kabubi

Re: TRODT AUDIO

Postby skeesix » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:28 am

Way to go Buboy! Are those your babies? I ve listenned to them last time I was at Conchu. It is indeed an improvement from the two I have had the pleasure of auditioning. I believe it has much bigger trannies and opts. :)
I also had the privilege of listenning to the state of the art Lamms courtesy of audio gods, Jack and keith which gives 80 wpc pushpull into the super secret speakers. MRs creations would be a good alternative for mortals like us. :clap: Perhaps in the near future I will have one myself. ;) For the mean time, I will just have to content myself with my Musika II, 300b set, and KT88/6550 PP Trodts. ;)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Mamimili » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:18 pm

kabubi wrote: the Tannoys opened up and bloomed without the amp breaking a sweat and driven cold. the Sonus however was a mystery and left us scratching our heads. just a week ago, these SET/PP-switchable babies drove a pair of Quad Electrostats effortlessly, to think that the Quads need some muscle to sing. maybe we hooked them up wrong. babalikan namin uli yang mga Amator na yan. but for the Tannoys at least, five Vivaldi recordings were unequivocal in their verdict. but hey, dont take it from me, i'm a biased source. but you can always ask the guy who owns one of only 38 Lotus cars ever manufactured :D

we've completed the roadshows in Manila, next stop is the world stage. time to take it 12 time zones away :)

My simple comment is : I want I want I want.

Those Sonus EAII need placement exercises! More time would have helped, i am sure, but it was after all a listening section.

Slight correction, not 38 ever manufactured, 38 known left per a Lotus survey 8)
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby SoLiDtUbEs » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:45 pm

skeesix wrote:Way to go Buboy! Are those your babies? I ve listenned to them last time I was at Conchu. It is indeed an improvement from the two I have had the pleasure of auditioning. I believe it has much bigger trannies and opts. :)
I also had the privilege of listenning to the state of the art Lamms courtesy of audio gods, Jack and keith which gives 80 wpc pushpull into the super secret speakers. MRs creations would be a good alternative for mortals like us. :clap: Perhaps in the near future I will have one myself. ;) For the mean time, I will just have to content myself with my Musika II, 300b set, and KT88/6550 PP Trodts. ;)

:) I would suppose there wouldn't be any difference in sound when we listen to Vivaldi's four seasons on either amp eh? Or would there be? Honestly iunno maybe those who heard both could give us more personal (bias ok) conclusions?

Hey skeesix how's your audio hehe, in Greek mythology "gods" and "mortals" sometimes get's together. Happy listening to your future vampire AMP whichever it may be.

-S-
SoLiDtUbEs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kabubi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:05 pm

skeesix wrote:Way to go Buboy! Are those your babies? I ve listenned to them last time I was at Conchu. It is indeed an improvement from the two I have had the pleasure of auditioning. I believe it has much bigger trannies and opts. :)

how i wish they were mine. the ones you are referring to are on their way to some foreign land :)
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby skeesix » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:29 pm

[size=50]Hey skeesix how's your audio hehe, in Greek mythology "gods" and "mortals" sometimes get's together. Happy listening to your future vampire AMP whichever it may be.

-S-[/quote]
[/size]

The Journey is just beginning Adoy! :sweat:

Buboy, take the plunge. You have the tubes. :rock:
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby SoLiDtUbEs » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:39 pm

skeesix wrote:[size=50]Hey skeesix how's your audio hehe, in Greek mythology "gods" and "mortals" sometimes get's together. Happy listening to your future vampire AMP whichever it may be.

-S-
[/size]

The Journey is just beginning Adoy! :sweat:

Ahhh my friend that is the joy in audio hehehe be of good cheer.
SoLiDtUbEs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby skeesix » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:39 am

I heard from MR that he is negotiating to rent the next door apartment to serve as a dedicated listening room :clap: :clap: :clap: Finally, a place for MRs supporters to hang out and enjoy his creations.
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby camotecue » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:36 am

i found a non-working oscilloscope here in mabalacat. owner says unit powers up but may have problem with frequency generator or something. will try to investigate further. or maybe mang rod knows how to repair such stuff.
camotecue
Citizen
Citizen

Postby GR » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Just sharing pictures of my Old Mono bloc by mang Rod:

GR
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to >> TRODT/AVA Audio <<