"TRODT TR2A3"

Mang Rod's audio creations...

Moderator: kabubi

Re: "TRODT TR2A3"

Postby kabubi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 pm

ESaudio's TR2a3 gives an output of 2-3 watts.
i just dont know how much and power consumption niya. either Patrick or MR may have the exact answer.
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby ESaudio » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:01 am

Brogger bro,

Based on technical data that i have read, a 2A3 tube is supposed to have a power output of 3.5 watts. And since my TR2A3C is in parallel configuration, it is technically rated therefore at 7watts per channel. I wonder how this would fare with your Planets Duevell?

Power consumption is to my approximation at 300 to 350 watts for both amps. :)

brogger wrote:Sir ano po ba output power nito? at power consumption?
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Mundorfed

Postby darkest_error » Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Amplifine wrote:Got mine Mundorfed more than 3 weeks ago. Sorry haven't posted any reviews... Been quite busy listening... He He He. Even tried them on Joel's (SEtup2) setup. You need a lot of patience with these things.

At first I thought I had made a mistake when I Mundorfed the amp. Gave it at least 48 hours and I have to say It was like seeing a butterfly coming out of its cocoon :shock:

Never turned the amp of for more than 2 weeks and I have to say that it has now come to full bloom; or Should I say: Spread its wings wide!

This is one of the most cost effective upgrades I have made. Not that the stock unit was bad. Only that the mods have definitely yielded improvements in the following areas:

Transparency and Liquidity. Not that it was opaque to begin with, only this time sound breathed easier, lucid and ethereal. There was also enhanced liquidity especially in the high frequency registers. No more of that parched finish that seem to accompany the end of each note. Decay was somewhat spread more evenly rather than coming to brittle end.

Soundstage was also improved and evenly spread on both vertical and horizontal planes. Highs and mids also gained more height.

I was afraid that MCap would make too rich a presentation that would muddle the details but his wasn't the case at all.

An experiment with Joel and his RCA 2A3's also revealed some hidden potential as a quick swap rendered a bolder presentation, A live and visceral presence, better immediacy and palpability. I thought I was listening to a different amp all together. Alas the exprience was derailed as one of the tube started glowing intensely.

For a moment I was glued to chair, sad that the experience came to a premature end as my soul was crying More More More!!

Mg. Rod is aware of the issue but the explanation was too technical for me to talk about. I do think I'll move along that direction eventually and let Mg. Rod deal with the technical issues as we go along as we usually do.

Anyway>>>> Yes! I would definitely recommend the Mundorf upgrade any day.

Being a small time DIYer who always targets mods/improvements that won't break a bank, I always thought that Mundorf caps are just luxury items on my audio hobby. But after a lot of positive reviews I read especially here at WS, finally decided to give it a try. Got my mundorf evo's last weekend and upgraded the filters of my low cost speaker drivers. The observation of Amplifine is almost the same as mine. I was totally amazed by how much the clarity and soundstage was improved. One good improvement I also got was an almost elimination of distortion due to sibilance, It was almost gone. If there's any, its hardly noticeable. Really amazed how these caps can make a difference considering that the mundorf caps I got are just evo's which are just a notch higher than the entry level mcaps. Just wanted to share the experience to others who are planning to upgrade their system with mundorf caps. If this is MUNDORFICATION, then I must say I got my system MUNDORFED!. :clap:
darkest_error
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jazzmanoy » Sat May 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Hmmmm...makes me think :?:
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to >> TRODT/AVA Audio <<