Lenco's R Us

classic analog rigs Thorens, Garrard, Lenco, EMT, etc..

Moderators: setup1, setup2

Re: Lenco's R Us

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:32 am

kabubi wrote:
6a3fan wrote:How about using a tube amp, with the OPT wound to output 110 volt? I can imagine that such a TT motor driver will sell very well to the tubeheads like me. An appropriate name would be VACuum Cleaner, because it will clean Voltage AC using vacuum tubes.

Andreeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww! :D

as in Andrew Sevilla

Kabubs, check mo yung post ni JE on the KT 88 amp a few posts back :geek: :geek: :geek: That will give you an idea on how to go about it ;)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:47 am

6a3fan wrote:Thanks JE for correcting my post. Step up transformers are meant to operate on 50 or 60 hetz and should give clean enough power. But remember GIGO. This means that the signal generator should be generating a clean signal and the amp should also be clean. The amp should also be capable of handling the inductive loads.

How about using a tube amp, with the OPT wound to output 110 volt? I can imagine that such a TT motor driver will sell very well to the tubeheads like me. An appropriate name would be VACuum Cleaner, because it will clean Voltage AC using vacuum tubes.

Puwede yun. You're not after the impedance load of the speaker naman, just the output voltage. However, you'll be limited to the output wattage of the amp.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Here's a link on turntable motor PSUs:

http://www.noteworthyaudio.co.uk/TT_PSU_AC.html
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby pigdog » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 am

ok heres a lenco L75 for sale in ebay at USD75! better move quickly as this auction ends in 1 day!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Lenco-L75-S ... dZViewItem
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby vintage_dog » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:42 am

pigdog wrote:ok heres a lenco L75 for sale in ebay at USD75! better move quickly as this auction ends in 1 day!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Lenco-L75-S ... dZViewItem

closed at $200. winner from ws?
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mamimili » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:40 am

After missing out on the last two Lenco L70 arms on eBay as prices were around $150, i just won one for less than $100 and it comes with a complete Goldring Lenco GL70 turntable :D :D :D :D :D :D

Another reason to go to the UK.......
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby Mamimili » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:32 am

My new arm (with the 2nd Lenco) waiting in my UK boyhood bedroom, keeping the 88 company :)
Perhaps i should keep and modify the plinth as it looks a good Sonus match ;)
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby stereophile » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:39 am

:o :o :o Congratulations on your good fortune, Paul! :clap: :clap: :clap: It's a looker! 8) We are all looking forward to hearing them! :clap: :clap: :clap:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby redline_xp » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:18 am

Hello Paul,

Congrats on your new toy. Will it reside in Manila or KL?

Cheers,

Ryan
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby setup1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 am

Mamimili wrote:Image
My new arm (with the 2nd Lenco) waiting in my UK boyhood bedroom, keeping the 88 company :)

Great acquisition, Paul :rock: This is my favorite model and kept mine stock for posterity.

je
setup1
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:51 am

redline_xp wrote:Hello Paul,

Congrats on your new toy. Will it reside in Manila or KL?

Cheers,

Ryan

Hey Ryan

My original plan was to get a GL70 as a mono arm for my 88. Prices for arms were higher than prices for TT and arm, hence the purchase :)
The 88 is promised for KL, there is no way i would even suggest anything else.

Next month i will test a Stromberg Carlson arm with a Denon 102, if this works then it will be 88 +SC arm in KL, Lenco 70 TT and arm in Manila.
The only other alternative is 2 Lenco's in KL and a bling bling Ninja in Manila 8) But am i brave enough to try it????
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby Mamimili » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:03 am

setup1 wrote:
Mamimili wrote:Image

Great acquisition, Paul :rock: This is my favorite model and kept mine stock for posterity.

je

Joseph, to be honest i only purchased the complete TT and arm to get the arm itself as i find the combo is the cheaper way to buy on epay, including shipping!
But, i also like the idea of keeping the Lenco intact, so i should keep looking for a Gray or a clone......

Also in my boyhood UK bedroom, a pair of Goodmans Audiom 60's, 2 pairs of Goodmans Midax, a pair of Goodmans Trebax, a single Goodmans Trebax and in the USA i have a nice pair of Goodmans "stage built" crossovers suitable for all of the above. I hope i can produce something decent........
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby setup1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:26 am

Mamimili wrote:Joseph, to be honest i only purchased the complete TT and arm to get the arm itself as i find the combo is the cheaper way to buy on epay, including shipping!
But, i also like the idea of keeping the Lenco intact, so i should keep looking for a Gray or a clone......

I shouldn't have uploaded the viscous damped tonearms too soon, now I can't even afford a genuine Gray :lol:

Mamimili wrote:Also in my boyhood UK bedroom, a pair of Goodmans Audiom 60's, 2 pairs of Goodmans Midax, a pair of Goodmans Trebax, a single Goodmans Trebax and in the USA i have a nice pair of Goodmans "stage built" crossovers suitable for all of the above. I hope i can produce something decent........

Nice collection :rock: This should keep you busy for a long while tinkering and listening, have fun :) :) :)
setup1
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pigdog » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Hear Ye HEAR YE! the pigdog has just joined the club! i just got me a L70 with the original arm from ebay condition is very good but the chassis needs some cleaning and i need a plinth for this. any advise for the plinth? also my plan is to mate it with a japanese version of the Gray viscouse arm which i also just bought, man these tonearms are big! that means i needed a big enough plinth to accomodate the second tonearm!
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby Mamimili » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:54 pm

pigdog wrote:Hear Ye HEAR YE! the pigdog has just joined the club! i just got me a L70 with the original arm from ebay condition is very good but the chassis needs some cleaning and i need a plinth for this. any advise for the plinth? also my plan is to mate it with a japanese version of the Gray viscouse arm which i also just bought, man these tonearms are big! that means i needed a big enough plinth to accomodate the second tonearm!

Welcome Chester :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby stereophile » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 am

Chester- Congratulations on your latest addition to your ttable stable! :clap: :clap: :clap:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby pigdog » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:50 pm

hmm maybe a dedicated mono ttable for this what do you think guys?
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby Mamimili » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:21 am

pigdog wrote:hmm maybe a dedicated mono ttable for this what do you think guys?

Perfect 8) :clap:
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby john » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:30 pm

I have a Lenco L75 on an ivory plastic resin plinth and fitted with a Manticore Magician tonearm and Denon 103.
john
Citizen
Citizen

Postby yucca » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi guys,

Would you know where I can get rubber ring for the idler wheel of an L68? Trying to revive this tt of a non member.

TIA,
Edd
yucca
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to IDLER TURNTABLES