Lenco's R Us

classic analog rigs Thorens, Garrard, Lenco, EMT, etc..

Moderators: setup1, setup2

Re: Lenco's R Us

Postby devo » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:08 am

thanks for the appreciation guys :$
devo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby devo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 am

Need help techie guys ........ got me a motor controller, di ko lang alam o sigurado on how to insert on the wirings
of the Lenco motor. Purpose is to synchronize speed as I have a 50Hz motor.

This is the same motor I have (pic from lencoheaven)

And this is the controller that I have in hand

Sabi ng Technician namin sa planta:

1. white and black are for the power inputs on the motor (clockwise rotation)
2. red wires are for the feedback loop on the controller encoder

QUESTION:How do hook these wires on the Lenco motor? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance..... Rommel
devo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 am

i have used a similar controller rommel...i hook up only the power (black and white) to the turntable plug because the synchronous motor has no feedback system.
unfortunately the one i used has a limited range so i can only get as much as 5% reduction in speed. good luck on your project.
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby devo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 am

TheAnalogSource wrote:i have used a similar controller rommel...i hook up only the power (black and white) to the turntable plug because the synchronous motor has no feedback system.
unfortunately the one i used has a limited range so i can only get as much as 5% reduction in speed. good luck on your project.

Hello Noly, I initially thought the white wires are the feedback loop ... posted this to validate. So in general, I cannot use the controller
on my unit?

Thanks
devo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:48 am

devo wrote:
TheAnalogSource wrote:i have used a similar controller rommel...i hook up only the power (black and white) to the turntable plug because the synchronous motor has no feedback system.

Hello Noly, I initially thought the white wires are the feedback loop ... posted this to validate. So in general, I cannot use the controller
on my unit?

Thanks

you can as long as the range can accomodate the speed.. remember that you have to reduce speed by around 20% to get it right...mine cant...those are SSDs which are use to adjust speeds on motor usually steppers and asynchronous yata (not sure)...un akin beyond 5% the motor stops due to the failsafe system of the controller. if our motor is 3phase then we have a better option sana to use inverters to change frequencies much like most industrial machines. but the theory is not far fetch because most outboard controllers like that of rega, vpi, project, linn use that technology for the speed controller applying to single phase motor but the application is very limited (turntable lang yata) so you cant get much info....un lang chemistry an specialty ko so i can only go so much on the electronics side hehehe i think si reynold yata was in research to make the controllers before.
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby devo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 am

kahit ako nahirapan sa explanation mo kasi CE ako :) .... thanks Noly
devo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jimny » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:31 pm

jimny wrote:Image

more pics of L75

upgraded plinth, 3 prong power cord and IC cable
jimny
Citizen
Citizen

Postby hypertriode » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Lenco GL-75 set up for Caloy Tiu.

hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby diesel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 am

Nice lenco great job Rene and congrats mr caloy lenco tiu... Can't wait to hear it Lyra kleos...
diesel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby boombastig » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:54 am

Since we're on the topic of Lenco, I recently had a great chance of meeting one of the founders of the forum Lenco Heaven - David Wong a.k.a "daiwok". It was just a "shot in the dark" type of encounter where I corresponded with him via PM on the forum and we agreed to meet up in HK. David is such a simple and humble guy who has over a dozen Lencos, almost 2 dozen tonearms (a couple of them from our very own Mandy, maker of the wood tonearm) and who knows how many more audio gears. We had breakfast in my hotel (he willingly went there to spend a couple of hours talking to me). I was actually interested in getting his famous Midas Body for the Denon 103 cartridge. I brought along my Denon, and right there at breakfast, he modded my Denon and put on the Midas Body. In the course of modding the Denon, David was telling me stories on how he started with the Lenco in London, where he worked for a good number of years. How he discovered, together with some of the audio gurus there, the huge potential of the Lenco turntable and the vast ways you can bring out the best of that platform. Well, it is no surprise that he summed up the best way to get the most out of the Lenco - SYNERGY. David gave me a long litany on why I shouldn't be going thru my audio journey thinking that buying more and more expensive gears will bring me to the sound or music nirvana that we are all looking for. There is no such thing, he says! We sometimes listen via our logical mind (i.e. if this gear is so expensive, it must sound good!) He continues that all music is "coloured" by the components we put in the audio chain. And that everyone has a music preference and must search for that preference in the gears by using the most effective tools we are given by nature - our EARS and our RIGHT brain! How do you know if you have found the right synergy in your system? Simple, accdg to him! Whatever gives you what he terms as "musical involvement" where you really "feel" the music! Sounds simple and I fully agree with it but how do you do that when there are different levels of engagement or involvement that a type of set up provides. Haaayyy, I guess that is why it is called an audio journey. Anyway, I missed his invitation to go to his house to listen to his 2-watter set-up that he says could blow out any six digit set-up and all costing less than US$1,000. This includes a Lenco TT, by the way!

And speaking of the Denon, while modding it, David told me why the Denon 103 is a very good cartridge. For one, it being a broadcast standard, it has to be "neutral" or that you can play any type of music and it has to sound good. So it is constructed as such, a neutral gear that extracts music from a medium - i.e. vinyl. Technically, you should be able to hear music the way it is recorded, with no or as little addition to it as possible. Now before I am accused of musical blasphemy, I am just narrating our conversation and everyone has an opinion as long as it is not libelous (hehehe). And all I can say is that I'm very happy with the Denon 103r and upon returning with the Midas Body, I was blown away! Hanep!. . . Iba talaga!. . . David was more than right when he told me that the Denon in the Midas Body willl be leaps and bounds when it comes to clarity, a totally black background, soundstage depth and layering. Wow!I think this will be my reference cartridge going forward! Thanks David!
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby endrik35 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 am

boombastig wrote:Since we're on the topic of Lenco, I recently had a great chance of meeting one of the founders of the forum Lenco Heaven - David Wong a.k.a "daiwok". It was just a "shot in the dark" type of encounter where I corresponded with him via PM on the forum and we agreed to meet up in HK. David is such a simple and humble guy who has over a dozen Lencos, almost 2 dozen tonearms (a couple of them from our very own Mandy, maker of the wood tonearm) and who knows how many more audio gears. We had breakfast in my hotel (he willingly went there to spend a couple of hours talking to me). I was actually interested in getting his famous Midas Body for the Denon 103 cartridge. I brought along my Denon, and right there at breakfast, he modded my Denon and put on the Midas Body. In the course of modding the Denon, David was telling me stories on how he started with the Lenco in London, where he worked for a good number of years. How he discovered, together with some of the audio gurus there, the huge potential of the Lenco turntable and the vast ways you can bring out the best of that platform. Well, it is no surprise that he summed up the best way to get the most out of the Lenco - SYNERGY. David gave me a long litany on why I shouldn't be going thru my audio journey thinking that buying more and more expensive gears will bring me to the sound or music nirvana that we are all looking for. There is no such thing, he says! We sometimes listen via our logical mind (i.e. if this gear is so expensive, it must sound good!) He continues that all music is "coloured" by the components we put in the audio chain. And that everyone has a music preference and must search for that preference in the gears by using the most effective tools we are given by nature - our EARS and our RIGHT brain! How do you know if you have found the right synergy in your system? Simple, accdg to him! Whatever gives you what he terms as "musical involvement" where you really "feel" the music! Sounds simple and I fully agree with it but how do you do that when there are different levels of engagement or involvement that a type of set up provides. Haaayyy, I guess that is why it is called an audio journey. Anyway, I missed his invitation to go to his house to listen to his 2-watter set-up that he says could blow out any six digit set-up and all costing less than US$1,000. This includes a Lenco TT, by the way!

And speaking of the Denon, while modding it, David told me why the Denon 103 is a very good cartridge. :) For one, it being a broadcast standard, it has to be "neutral" or that you can play any type of music and it has to sound good. So it is constructed as such, a neutral gear that extracts music from a medium - i.e. vinyl. Technically, you should be able to hear music the way it is recorded, with no or as little addition to it as possible. Now before I am accused of musical blasphemy, I am just narrating our conversation and everyone has an opinion as long as it is not libelous (hehehe). And all I can say is that I'm very happy with the Denon 103r and upon returning with the Midas Body, I was blown away! Hanep!. . . Iba talaga!. . . David was more than right when he told me that the Denon in the Midas Body willl be leaps and bounds when it comes to clarity, a totally black background, soundstage depth and layering. Wow!I think this will be my reference cartridge going forward! Thanks David!

Jim, I had the pleasure of hearing his 2 watter yamamoto amp paired with a supratek preamp 2 years ago and it was audio bliss. I totally agree 101% with the midas bodied denon 103. I just love the way it sounds. . .
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby boombastig » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:06 pm

doc,

He mentioned that to me. Shall I also mention the things you bought while you were in HK. Hehehe . . . jok lng po! So did you also get a membership from the Sonata Club where you can get your source of black pizzas at great discounts?
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby odaey » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Congrats boombastig on the midas :clap:

From a happy midas user too!
odaey
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Dodie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:03 pm

boombastig wrote:doc,

He mentioned that to me. Shall I also mention the things you bought while you were in HK. Hehehe . . . jok lng po! So did you also get a membership from the Sonata Club where you can get your source of black pizzas at great discounts?

This is the part that i like most! PHILPATH ETO NA ANG LAST QUARTER STORM :devil: :devil:

c'mon sir spill it now :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

UPGRADE KING' HK SHOPPING SPREE

1. ???????
Dodie
Citizen
Citizen

Postby endrik35 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Dodie wrote:

This is the part that i like most! PHILPATH ETO NA ANG LAST QUARTER STORM :devil: :devil:

1. ???????

Dodie, joke nga lang daw sabe ni brader Jim! Jim, di ako member ng Sonata. Wala.akong pambili ng plaka. . . 8)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby AbadSantos 7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:04 pm

endrik35 wrote:di ako member ng Sonata. Wala.akong pambili ng plaka. . . 8)

This is the biggest lie in WIREDSTATE :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
AbadSantos 7
Citizen
Citizen

Postby boombastig » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:19 pm

endrik35 wrote:
Dodie wrote:

1. ???????

Dodie, joke nga lang daw sabe ni brader Jim! Jim, di ako member ng Sonata. Wala.akong pambili ng plaka. . . 8)

Doc,

Sa presinto ka na lang magpaliwanag! Wag sa amin kasi di naman kami pulis o kaya piskal. Wala naman masama kung meron ka hanapin sa HK. Basta sa kwenta ko, at the rate of discount na maaaring nakuha dun, eh nabawi yata yung pamasahe sa dami ng napamili. You can do your own calculations! hehehe. . . .
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Lenco owners......might want to consider this phonostage for your beloved Lencos

http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=10735.0
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ryn0128 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 am

My Lenco. Thanks to TAS.
ryn0128

Postby Mamimili » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:10 am

very nice!
Mamimili