Lenco's R Us

classic analog rigs Thorens, Garrard, Lenco, EMT, etc..

Moderators: setup1, setup2

Re: Lenco's R Us

Postby endrik35 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:56 am

Noly, baka may mahanapan ka ng Sony PS-5011 na tt? This Lenco made Sony will do for the meantime. . . :^) Thanks buddy :)

endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:53 am

looks like a rebadge L58....im working on a B52 now. Both have lightweight (but still heavy) steel platter very different from the cast platter of the L75s. They have also plastic idlers compare to the metals of the the L75s. Aside from those two, everything seems to be the same. So i wonder how they sound.

I'll post my impression as soon as im done with it.
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Re: Lenco's R Us: Italian made?

Postby endrik35 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:53 am

Hi guys, I'm about to conclude a transaction in Lenco Heaven. I'm buying the Lenco L-75 of fellow member Chris(Autobayer).This is a late version L-75, italian made with a tonearm transplanted from a spare L-85. I'm getting it for 100 euros plus 35 euros shipping cost to my uncle's house in UK( 8,054 php). Good thing is that there is no tariff on items being mailed from 1 EU country to another). Motor needs to be lubed according to Chris. Fully functional with no cartridge. Idler wheel and motor still ok. No acrylic cover included. Here are some pics:

Here is a short article in LH re: Lenco's history

http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

My uncle will include the Lenco tt in his balikabayan box when he comes home on the 27th of this month(free delivery from UK to Philippines) :)

My concern and I'm addressing it to Sir Rene(Hyper), Noly(TAS) and other lenco lovers/experts here is: Does Italian made Lencos offer the same quality, dependability and resale value as that of their swiss-made brethrens? According to some LH members, there is no difference in sound quality between the Swiss and Italian versions. Is this a good bargain at 8,054 php? Where can I have an acrylic cover fabricated? Most of the guys in LH doesn't use covers since most of them claim that it's already shot anyway. I need your advice on this purchase guys. Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by endrik35 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby radiohead » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:15 am

hi endrik,

i have the exact model and am very happy with it. i don't think there's a major difference when compared to the swiss made ones. Noly did all the refurbishing/tonearm and plinth replacement etc. At P8,000 that is definitely a good deal. I got mine in the states for almost double that price (around P14k) if i remember correctly. The only concern is that it might have a 50hz motor since it's coming from the EU. But i remember Noly telling me that he has a "work around" for that. I can PM you pics if you want. Goodluck on your purchase!
radiohead
Citizen
Citizen

Postby endrik35 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:22 am

radiohead wrote:hi endrik,

i have the exact model and am very happy with it. i don't think there's a major difference when compared to the swiss made ones. Noly did all the refurbishing/tonearm and plinth replacement etc. At P8,000 that is definitely a good deal. I got mine in the states for almost double that price (around P14k) if i remember correctly. The only concern is that it might have a 50hz motor since it's coming from the EU. But i remember Noly telling me that he has a "work around" for that. I can PM you pics if you want. Goodluck on your purchase!

Thanks bro. Please pm me pics of your Lenco. Thanks!
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Lenco's R Us: Italian made?

Postby hypertriode » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 am

endrik35 wrote:Is this a good bargain at 8,054 php? Where can I have an acrylic cover fabricated? Most of the guys in LH doesn't use covers since most of them claim that it's already shot anyway. I need your advice on this purchase guys. Thanks in advance :)

For P8k I'd say go for it doc! The plinth looks good; a little retouch and refinish from camotecue or timber715 should do it :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby endrik35 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:22 am

Thanks Sir Rene!
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TheAnalogSource » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:54 am

doc, if as pictured it is the entire package find out if the counterweight is around...wala sa pics eh. a diff arm din most likely from a direct driven lenco.

the diff of the italian from the swiss from my collection is the platter. the italian platters has concentric circles etched on the platter so it looks like those old electric stoves and is a bit lighter while most of the lencos and other brands have a flat surface platter. as always it will depend on the system if it will have an effect but for me the most important part is the platter. ;) you can even ask dindo about it as he knows his lenco very well :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyhow, pag naturn off ka na netong post ko....akin na lang yan :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheAnalogSource

Postby endrik35 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:38 pm

TheAnalogSource wrote:doc, if as pictured it is the entire package find out if the counterweight is around...wala sa pics eh. a diff arm din most likely from a direct driven lenco.

the diff of the italian from the swiss from my collection is the platter. the italian platters has concentric circles etched on the platter so it looks like those old electric stoves and is a bit lighter while most of the lencos and other brands have a flat surface platter. as always it will depend on the system if it will have an effect but for me the most important part is the platter. ;) you can even ask dindo about it as he knows his lenco very well :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyhow, pag naturn off ka na netong post ko....akin na lang yan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Salbahe ka talaga Noly! :devil: Talas ng mata mo, I also asked Chris re: counterweight, wala sa pic eh. Sabe niya meron at di lang niya napiktyuran. Yes your right, the tonearm is from a Lenco L-85, a belt-driven lenco produced in the 70's to combat the barrage of Japanese belt-driven turntables. Bit lighter platter? eh di mas magtatagal motor ko! he he :)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TheAnalogSource » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:22 pm

pampagana sayo doc at sa me-ari hehehe
i think this is the 4th 50hz i am working on so far....hopefully to get done this week...buti na lang long weekend again :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheAnalogSource

Postby endrik35 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Basta pagdating nung L75, dalhin ko agad sa shop mo for lube job and conversion to 60hz. Saka na plinth at tonearm upgrade. Ubos na pera lolo mo. Unlike Doc BIGTYMGilbert(philpath), matumal ang praktis ngayon. See you soon Ka Noly! ;)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Doc Endrick, CONGRATS! Pero kung ayaw mo - then please reserve! :D :D :D :D

Eyeing another Lenco L75...and another one again :D

Buboy/Kabubi, ikaw may kasalanan nito eh!! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby endrik35 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Thanks Jen. . Gusto ko talaga! Bibilin na nga eh! ;) here's another pic from LH, maybe we can call it. . L75 + L85 = L-80! :D

Last edited by endrik35 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:04 pm

endrik35 wrote:Thanks Jen. . Gusto ko talaga! Bibilin na nga eh! ;) here's another pic from LH, maybe we can call it. . L75 + L85 = L-80! :D

BANAT NA!! Two WS members just sent me an SMS asking about Lencos...Abangan ang mga BANAT BOYZ! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Chuckyboy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:10 pm

TheAnalogSource wrote:Image

For a while there I thought this is TJN (Turntable by Jean Nantais) ;)

Congrats TAS on another NTP build - your fans in our barangay are clamoring for SESSION, SESSION, MISUA, MISUA, LUMPIA, LUMPIA... (in no particular order) :clap:
Chuckyboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 pm

It's been a while since i checked Lenco prices, so i am a little shocked, are L70's a better investment than Greek bonds :^) :?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenco-L-70-Tran ... 4ab0485ca3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LENCO-L70-Trans ... 519a296841

expensive 75
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenco-GL75-turn ... 2313b8edc4

at last, affordable Lenco, but many days to go
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GOLDRIN ... 25690bb066

or try the Lencoblerone
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transfi-Audio-L ... 3cbe0814af
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby Superman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:56 am

Superman
Master Showman

Postby endrik35 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:44 am

Lenco Galore at the Lenco Barn Meet! :)
:envy: :envy: :envy:
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby endrik35 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:55 am

Noly, I already closed the deal with Chris. Hopefully, di mabasag sa freight yung Lenco L-75. Keeping my fingers crossed na walang injury siya pagdating dito. Sa Nov.27 ang dating niya,. . at least matitigil na pambubuyo saken ni classmate PHILPATH at huling upgrade ko nato pagdating sa tt. Thank you Noly for helping me realize my dream to have a Lenco tt someday! :clap: Sana ganito parin hitsura niya pagdating.... :^)

endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TheAnalogSource » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:59 am

congrats on your new toy doc. welcome to the club :)
TheAnalogSource

PreviousNext

Return to IDLER TURNTABLES