Rubberized 301!

classic analog rigs Thorens, Garrard, Lenco, EMT, etc..

Moderators: setup1, setup2

Rubberized 301!

Postby stereophile » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:50 pm

Here is the world's first SOLID RUBBER PLINTHED 301 :!: + SME 312 tonearm + Koetsu Rosewood Platinum = Super Musical 301 :!: 8)

You've gotta hear what this baby can dish out. Simply unbelievable sonics. The big bass you associate with a Garrard, yet with midrange delicacy and dynamics of a modern ttable. Best of both worlds. I kid you not, this is one shocking performer.

Haven't figured out yet what nickname to call it :!: :wink:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby tenderobject » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:51 pm

wow sanyo yan ser? kakalaglag ng panga ah!
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby stereophile » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:55 pm

Belongs to a friend of mine. Was invited over this evening to assemble it and set the cart & tonearm. Tonya was in attendance. Laglag our panga when we heard it sing :!: :shock:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby tenderobject » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:59 pm

stereophile wrote:Belongs to a friend of mine. Was invited over this evening to assemble it and set the cart & tonearm. Tonya was in attendance. Laglag our panga when we heard it sing :!: :shock:

madali lang ba makakuha ng rubber plith ser? tanong lang ako how much for the SME 312 tonearm dito ser?
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby stereophile » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:03 am

The plinth is a one-off custom rubber plinth. One of those "What if..." situations. I am happy to report, it exceeded our expectations :!: :D

The SME tonearm is locally distributed by RHYTHM SECTION.
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby Mamimili » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:27 am

Where will it end? Is any material safe?
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby tenderobject » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:29 am

stereophile wrote:The plinth is a one-off custom rubber plinth. One of those "What if..." situations. I am happy to report, it exceeded our expectations :!: :D

The SME tonearm is locally distributed by RHYTHM SECTION.

thanks doc :)
tenderobject
Master
Master

Re: Rubberized 301!

Postby RHYTHM SECTION » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:37 am

stereophile wrote:Here is the world's first SOLID RUBBER PLINTHED 301 :!: + SME 312 tonearm + Koetsu Rosewood Platinum = Super Musical 301 :!: 8)

You've gotta hear what this baby can dish out. Simply unbelievable sonics. The big bass you associate with a Garrard, yet with midrange delicacy and dynamics of a modern ttable. Best of both worlds. I kid you not, this is one shocking performer.

Haven't figured out yet what nickname to call it :!: :wink:

Doc, Garrard Spartan! para astig! or Beachwalk para cool :lol: :lol:
RHYTHM SECTION
Citizen
Citizen

Postby stereophile » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:42 am

Mamimili wrote:Where will it end? Is any material safe?

Paul- Hi. It's a wonderful analog journey I'm into these days. What matters is the fun I'm getting from it. :D
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby Mamimili » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:08 am

stereophile wrote:

Paul- Hi. It's a wonderful analog journey I'm into these days. What matters is the fun I'm getting from it. :D

Hello Lito! I can tell you are enjoying the trip :D
Do you know the hardness of the rubber?
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby pigdog » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:16 am

i call it the rubber flip flop! :D but seriously i reckon the rubber plinth is an excellent damper
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby fattybaldhead » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:24 am

wow doc. this is something new. congrats sa rubberized 301. innovative doc.
fattybaldhead
Citizen
Citizen

Postby DCO » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:10 am

Congrats Doc Stereophile / StereOrca / Lastikman :!: ano kaya next :?: :lol: :lol:
:P
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby stereophile » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:00 am

Mamimili wrote:
stereophile wrote:

Hello Lito! I can tell you are enjoying the trip :D
Do you know the hardness of the rubber?

Paul- No idea. It's a custom formulation. The rubber plinth consists of rubbers of DIFFERENT hardness. If you are in town, tell me. Let's sked a session in my friend's house. You won't believe what this 301 can do. I was shocked. :wink:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby stereophile » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:04 am

DCO wrote:Congrats Doc Stereophile / StereOrca / Lastikman :!: ano kaya next :?: :lol: :lol:

Do- Thanks. I have other concepts I'd like to pull-off. For now, I'm extremely happy this test bed exceeded all our expectations. It's R&D time. Will fine-tune this plinth. Will have to try one out in my system. It's kinda fun...PLINTH ROLLING :!: :wink:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby DCO » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:15 am

Do- Thanks. I have other concepts I'd like to pull-off. For now, I'm extremely happy this test bed exceeded all our expectations. It's R&D time. Will fine-tune this plinth. Will have to try one out in my system. It's kinda fun...PLINTH ROLLING

Doc,
Keep us posted :!:
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby strings » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:20 am

stereophile wrote: You won't believe what this 301 can do. I was shocked. :wink:

if you were shocked, how will it hit us? another very interesting option you've given us! :lol:
strings
Citizen
Citizen

Postby stereophile » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:34 am

strings wrote:
stereophile wrote: You won't believe what this 301 can do. I was shocked. :wink:

if you were shocked, how will it hit us? another very interesting option you've given us! :lol:

Ric- The owner, Tonya and I were eager to find out how it sounded. I had just finished setting the cart/tonearm. We put on a re-issue of Nat King Cole's LOVE IS THE THING... :shock: DANG :!: His image became focused and precise. Tonality balanced out from the previous midrange bloat. The bottom end became HUGE and tight. You should hear Almeida's Feel So Good from NEW DIRECTIONS LP. The drum playing was stupendous as was HOT STIX. I still haven't gotten over what I heard. :wink:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby DCO » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:45 am

Ric- The owner, Tonya and I were eager to find out how it sounded. I had just finished setting the cart/tonearm. We put on a re-issue of Nat King Cole's LOVE IS THE THING... DANG His image became focused and precise. Tonality balanced out from the previous midrange bloat. The bottom end became HUGE and tight. You should hear Almeida's Feel So Good from NEW DIRECTIONS LP. The drum playing was stupendous as was HOT STIX. I still haven't gotten over what I heard.

Ric :!: Patay:!: Now what will you hunt for :?: Molave? Narra? Stone? Rubber ? for your plinth :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hirap nito... :wink:
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby stereophile » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:48 am

Kagulo rin si Tonya...remember, he also owns a flinstone 301 & woody 401. All three of us own Garrard 301s. This rubber plinthed 301 was simply awesome. :shock: It's gonna be tough choosing what plinth to build your 301 with. :wink:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Next

Return to IDLER TURNTABLES