Technics' Auto Return Function

Moderator: stereophile

Technics' Auto Return Function

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:19 pm

In some LPs (especially on those with material very near the record label), the auto return function of my SL 1700 acts too quickly. :evil: Di pa tapos yung last song, tumataas na yung arm. :evil: Is there an adjustment for this inside the table :?:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Re: Technics' Auto Return Function

Postby mixx » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:27 pm

i used to have a technics sld33 table which is fully automatic, what i did is i removed a rubber belt inside the table defeating the auto return system

m_shoe_maker wrote:In some LPs (especially on those with material very near the record label), the auto return function of my SL 1700 acts too quickly. :evil: Di pa tapos yung last song, tumataas na yung arm. :evil: Is there an adjustment for this inside the table :?:
mixx
Citizen
Citizen

Postby stereophile » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:19 am

m_shoe_maker wrote:In some LPs (especially on those with material very near the record label), the auto return function of my SL 1700 acts too quickly. :evil: Di pa tapos yung last song, tumataas na yung arm. :evil: Is there an adjustment for this inside the table :?:

Time to get an SL-1200Mk2, bro :twisted:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby m_shoe_maker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:50 pm

mixx wrote:i used to have a technics sld33 table which is fully automatic, what i did is i removed a rubber belt inside the table defeating the auto return system

Opened the unit last night. No belts. :roll: I didn't want to fiddle with the stuff inside, baka masira ko pa. :x
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby m_shoe_maker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:52 pm

stereophile wrote:Time to get an SL-1200Mk2, bro :twisted:

Last night I went to the website of Dr. Needle :lol: a.k.a. Needle Doctor. :)

Wow :!: :o They are selling the SL1200 MK2. 8) Is this a reissue :?: :roll:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby marty_e » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:06 pm

In the SL-B3, there's a white plastic screw under the platter that sets the return threshold. Try that...
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:11 pm

marty_e wrote:In the SL-B3, there's a white plastic screw under the platter that sets the return threshold. Try that...

I'll check later if my 1700 has that screw thing or something similar. :roll: Thanks :!: :)

Talagang pang 100% manual tables lang ako. :lol:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby stereophile » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:18 am

m_shoe_maker wrote:Talagang pang 100% manual tables lang ako. :lol:

The SL-1200Mk2 is a manual ttable, bro! Bili ka na! :twisted:
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby Bigbert-2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:00 pm

stereophile wrote:

How much po kaya ang pre-owned na sl-1200 sir ? kung brandnew saan kaya may benta di sa pinas ?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Bigbert-2 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigbert-2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Bigbert-2 wrote:
stereophile wrote:

How po kaya ang pre-owned na sl-1200 sir ? kung brandnew saan kaya may benta di sa pinas ?

Thanks in advance.

check the marketplace before posting in other threads...there's a dedicated marketplace thread...if there's none, you can post "looking for"...thanks!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby stereophile » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:08 pm

Bigbert-2 wrote:...How po kaya ang pre-owned na sl-1200 sir ? kung brandnew saan kaya may benta di sa pinas ?

Panasonic Philippines does not carry their Technics brand of ttables. You have to buy it abroad and have it shipped back. I understand you can buy a BNEW SL-1200 Mk2 on-line for about $450. At the current exchange rate, you will be better off getting a bnew unit than a second-hand one with possible problems.
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby Bigbert-2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:33 pm

stereophile wrote:
Bigbert-2 wrote:...How po kaya ang pre-owned na sl-1200 sir ? kung brandnew saan kaya may benta di sa pinas ?

Panasonic Philippines does not carry their Technics brand of ttables. You have to buy it abroad and have it shipped back. I understand you can buy a BNEW SL-1200 Mk2 on-line for about $450. At the current exchange rate, you will be better off getting a bnew unit than a second-hand one with possible problems.

@stereophile

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it so much.

@Superman

Sir, I'm not trying to buy here in this forum. I'm only asking the price as basis lang in case someone will offer me a TT on the MARKETPLACE-HARDWARE or any elsewhere. Hope you understand.

Thanks
Bigbert-2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Bigbert-2 wrote:
stereophile wrote:

@stereophile

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it so much.

@Superman

Sir, I'm not trying to buy here in this forum. I'm only asking the price as basis lang in case someone will offer me a TT on the MARKETPLACE-HARDWARE or any elsewhere. Hope you understand.

Thanks

YES, I understand that is why I posted my suggestion, in your case better PM tenderobject.
Superman
Master Showman

Postby JackD201 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:
marty_e wrote:In the SL-B3, there's a white plastic screw under the platter that sets the return threshold. Try that...

I'll check later if my 1700 has that screw thing or something similar. :roll: Thanks :!: :)

Talagang pang 100% manual tables lang ako. :lol:

Yung walang cueing lever kasi MACHO style si MSM :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby brubeck » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:51 pm

hi msm,

i was able to download a service manual for my 1600mkII at vinyl engine. they might have one for your 1700 as well.

if your tonearm is similar to that of the 1600mkII(identical to the 1200mkII but with auto features), there is a silver rubber plug at the base of the tonearm right under the counterweight. this is where you can access the screws to adjust the auto return/play points.

best to get the service manual as the instructions, complete with blown up illustration of parts can better guide you.
brubeck
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jundai15 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:55 pm

I have a sl1600 mk2 technics, pareho din, hindi pa tapos yung last song, bumabalik na yung tonearm. meron pa kaya pwede magawa dito? need some some info

salamat :)
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Return to TECHNICS TT