How many Analog enthusiasts in WS own a Technics 'ttable?

Moderator: stereophile

Postby Mamimili » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:02 pm

murdoch wrote:
bass_nut wrote:i had several entry level technics tt in the past... right now i have an entry level technics... very nice to use :wink:

Hi Doc Fer!

It's been a while. Is it worth keeping the SL 1500Mk 2? If so, any tips on what I can do to hot rod the thing? Thanks sir.

Max

Hey Max

I could be wrong but i think the 1200 is the only model with all parts available "off the shelf".

But Rene does work magic :D

What is wrong with yours?
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby bass_nut » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:36 pm

murdoch wrote:
bass_nut wrote:i had several entry level technics tt in the past... right now i have an entry level technics... very nice to use :wink:

Hi Doc Fer!

It's been a while. Is it worth keeping the SL 1500Mk 2? If so, any tips on what I can do to hot rod the thing? Thanks sir.

Max

hi sir Max,
i am not sure with spare parts.. with regards service i highly recommend sir Rene (Hypertriode) for your technics SL-1500mkll... he might even have needed parts in case :wink: btw, my recently acquired technics turntable came from THE MASTER sir Rene 8)

kindly please remind me of the LP i promised to hunt for you on my next trip to HK :)

cheers!!
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby murdoch » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Mamimili wrote:
murdoch wrote:

Hi Doc Fer!

Max

Hey Max

I could be wrong but i think the 1200 is the only model with all parts available "off the shelf".

But Rene does work magic :D

What is wrong with yours?

Hi Paul!

Well, the motor runs but the suspension seems to be shot. No cart, tone arm seems to be fine as it was kept rather well. I think the wires and connectors have seen better days.

Max :cry:
murdoch
Citizen
Citizen

Postby murdoch » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:01 pm

bass_nut wrote:
murdoch wrote:

Hi Doc Fer!

Max

hi sir Max,
i am not sure with spare parts.. with regards service i highly recommend sir Rene (Hypertriode) for your technics SL-1500mkll... he might even have needed parts in case :wink: btw, my recently acquired technics turntable came from THE MASTER sir Rene 8)

kindly please remind me of the LP i promised to hunt for you on my next trip to HK :)

cheers!!
fer

Hi Doki!

Looks like i've hit the gold again with you and Paul pointing me to the direction of THE MASTER :D . Doki, how do I get to Sir Rene? Being new in WS, perhaps an introduction is in order.

Re LP's, maraming salamat uli po for the offer. You know i've really found that Sixto Rodriguez album "Back from Reality" a.k.a. "After the Fact" so elusive Doki. If by chance they have it in HK, itatayo na kita ng altar sa ibabaw ng paragon sir.

Mucho thanks and again my very best.

Max :D
murdoch
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:13 pm

murdoch wrote:
bass_nut wrote:
murdoch wrote:

Hi Doc Fer!

Max

hi sir Max,

cheers!!
fer

Hi Doki!

Looks like i've hit the gold again with you and Paul pointing me to the direction of THE MASTER :D . Doki, how do I get to Sir Rene? Being new in WS, perhaps an introduction is in order.

Re LP's, maraming salamat uli po for the offer. You know i've really found that Sixto Rodriguez album "Back from Reality" a.k.a. "After the Fact" so elusive Doki. If by chance they have it in HK, itatayo na kita ng altar sa ibabaw ng paragon sir.

Rene is close to your car collection, on Calatagan corner of Filmore.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby murdoch » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:25 pm

Mamimili wrote:
murdoch wrote:
bass_nut wrote:
murdoch wrote:

Hi Doc Fer!

Max

hi sir Max,

cheers!!
fer

Hi Doki!

Rene is close to your car collection, on Calatagan corner of Filmore.

Really Sir Dok? Susugod na ako doon! :D
murdoch
Citizen
Citizen

Postby murdoch » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Oops. Thanks Paul.
murdoch
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:29 pm

murdoch wrote:Oops. Thanks Paul.

So now you have no excuse, Max you can pass to the Dark Side :D
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby kabubi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:04 am

murdoch wrote:
Mamimili wrote:Rene is close to your car collection, on Calatagan corner of Filmore.

di yata tayo nagpang-abot, Maxi. visited his dungeon as well as his shop kanina.

let's put it this way, pare: Rene does to vintage audio gear what you do to Mini Coopers and Porsches. (did you like my parallelism, Mr Strawford?)
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Mamimili » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:10 am

kabubi wrote:
murdoch wrote:
Mamimili wrote:Rene is close to your car collection, on Calatagan corner of Filmore.

di yata tayo nagpang-abot, Maxi. visited his dungeon as well as his shop kanina.

let's put it this way, pare: Rene does to vintage audio gear what you do to Mini Coopers and Porsches. (did you like my parallelism, Mr Strawford?)

Very apt Mr. Kabubi, i should have thought of that myself :oops:
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby bass_nut » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:35 am

sir Max, i sent you business card :wink:

sir Buboy, i like your analogy or parallelism 8)
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby murdoch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:47 pm

kabubi wrote:
murdoch wrote:

Hi Sir Kabubi,

Naku sayang sir. Sana nagpang-abot tayo. Was just thinking of going there this morning but I just remembered that my daughter was going to be dismissed earlier than usual so I had to skidoodle and fetch her.

Frankly, i'd rather tweak audio equipment than cars. Init sa labas.

Regards all.
murdoch
Citizen
Citizen

Postby murdoch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:49 pm

bass_nut wrote:sir Max, i sent you business card :wink:

sir Buboy, i like your analogy or parallelism 8)

I got it Sir Doc. Mucho mucho thanks. Cheers.
murdoch
Citizen
Citizen

Postby murdoch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Mamimili wrote:
murdoch wrote:Oops. Thanks Paul.

So now you have no excuse, Max you can pass to the Dark Side :D

Ahh.....the Dark Side. :twisted: Can't wait.
murdoch
Citizen
Citizen

Re: How many Analog enthusiasts in WS own a Technics 'ttable?

Postby I.R.S. » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:43 pm

i have a bnew SL1200 Mk II :D
I.R.S.

Postby raymund liboon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 pm

I used to have a 1200Mk2 with Rega rb600 and Grado Platinum 3 years ago. I sold it and now I have a 150Mk2 with Sumiko ft4 and Andante E.
raymund liboon
Citizen
Citizen

Postby aldrin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:28 pm

SL1500
aldrin

Postby edgarryan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:50 pm

SL1510 mk1
SL7
edgarryan
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jtgf1966 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 pm

An SL-BD20d
jtgf1966
Citizen
Citizen

Postby philpath » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

I wish. I wish. Dami kong wish!!!! Ang mga wish ko nakuha na lahat ni "UPGRADE KING"!!!!!!!! :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy:
philpath
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to TECHNICS TT