SL-1200s/1210s: Have you changed the stock tonearm?

Moderator: stereophile

Re: SL-1200s/1210s: Have you changed the stock tonearm?

Postby aron » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

sounds very tempting. :-) thanks for the inputs. I would probably need another 1200 to do a project like this. Dont want my current twins to be touched...yet.

JoeyGS wrote:The was definitely noticeable improvement. The sonic quality is more balance and more details heard. We have used nagaoka, audio technica carts. The only problem with the Origin Live tonearm is that it needs about 200 to 300 hours of break-in due to the litz tonearm wire. But once you complete the break-in the sound opens up and you can hear the details. Then it will depend now on the type of cart you will be using.

I have already disposed of the 1200 and got a 120 m5g which has an upgraded tone arm. I am now using the origin live with a luxman TT and very happy with the output. What's nice with Origin live is that they also have the arm board that fits in the 1200.

I have not encountered any tracking issues with the origin live tonearm

aron wrote:Cool. You notice any improvements in sound sir? What cart you used? Tracking issues?

Salamat. :-)
aron
Citizen
Citizen

Re: SL-1200s/1210s: Have you changed the stock tonearm?

Postby aron » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 pm

hypertriode wrote:
aron wrote:Cool. You notice any improvements in sound sir? What cart you used? Tracking issues?

Salamat. :-)

Bro, even a stock RB-250 or RB-300 would do wonders on a SL-1200! I have an acrylic armboard to fit the Regas (or practically any tonearm as long as the spindle to pivot distance is within the boundaries of the armboard) :)

will call you soon brother. :-)
aron
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to TECHNICS TT