Some photos of my (rather simple) setup :)

Post your system set-up here.

Moderator: JackD201

Postby rossifumi46 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:46 pm

pa post naman ng new setup and listening room mo:) diba lumipat ka na ng bahay? hehe
rossifumi46
Citizen
Citizen

Postby handyboy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:05 am

simple set up daw!!!! understatement of the year!
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby Racio » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:17 am

rossifumi46 wrote:pa post naman ng new setup and listening room mo:) diba lumipat ka na ng bahay? hehe

Uy... nahukay pala ulit itong thread na ito. Sige pare, I'll try to post pics as soon as I find my cam's cables. Can't seem to find it among my mess, but I'll make a more thorough search this weekend. Don't expect anything new though, except maybe for some trivial stuff and of course the room, which sadly is smallish and squarish (& badtripish?).

OT. BTW Migs, your buttercake is divinely delicious man! I, este, "we" finished half of it in just one sitting, sarap! It really is addicting pare! Oh yeah, lest I forget... my wife hates you now. hehe.

sith lord gamby wrote:simple set up daw!!!! understatement of the year!

Relative to others here, simple lang naman talaga eh.
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:24 am

Racio! Glad to have you back! Looking forward to the pics, bro. Hope the family's fine. Cheers!
rtsyrtsy

Postby Racio » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:25 am

rtsyrtsy wrote:Racio! Glad to have you back! Looking forward to the pics, bro. Hope the family's fine. Cheers!

Hey Russ! Kamusta? Looong time no see eh? Yep, catching a glimpse of Mandy's TonaL at the other thread got the dormant audiophiliac in me somewhat stirred up again. hehe. It does appear that I'm slowly slipping back into the audio groove once more... oh drat, memory flashes of aching backs and groggy early mornings just hit me right now. Oh well, here we go again... :wink:
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:32 am

welcome back, racio! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Racio » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:43 am

Superman wrote:welcome back, racio! :D

Hey Jen! I see you've been pretty active here as ever. Hope to see you around bud. :)
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rossifumi46 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:30 am

Racio wrote:
rossifumi46 wrote:pa post naman ng new setup and listening room mo:) diba lumipat ka na ng bahay? hehe

Uy... nahukay pala ulit itong thread na ito. Sige pare, I'll try to post pics as soon as I find my cam's cables. Can't seem to find it among my mess, but I'll make a more thorough search this weekend. Don't expect anything new though, except maybe for some trivial stuff and of course the room, which sadly is smallish and squarish (& badtripish?).

OT. BTW Migs, your buttercake is divinely delicious man! I, este, "we" finished half of it in just one sitting, sarap! It really is addicting pare! Oh yeah, lest I forget... my wife hates you now. hehe.

sith lord gamby wrote:simple set up daw!!!! understatement of the year!

Relative to others here, simple lang naman talaga eh.

OT
hehe those buttercakes surely can make your waistline bulge... yup i can also finsih half a box in one sitting!:)

now back to the topic.. post mo na system mo:)
rossifumi46
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:32 am

Racio wrote:
Superman wrote:welcome back, racio! :D

Hey Jen! I see you've been pretty active here as ever. Hope to see you around bud. :)

thanks bud! :D

hey, post your set-up na! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Racio » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:06 am

Got lucky earlier today and I was able to take a few shots in a jiffy. As you can see, except for the spider racks, solid kamagong platforms and other additional tidbits, (happily) no upgrades whatsoever for the past 3 years or so :wink: ...

My "audio sanctum". 8)

But it looks more like a chapel to me w/ the stained glass above and A-frame ceiling. hehe.

Same all same ol' gear. :roll:

Whenever I listen in the dark, I usually leave a blue LED light on so i'd still see which song I need to track my cart on.

And here's my trusty old CA cart...

Please bear w/ me w/ this photo. I know you've seen the G's a number of times already, but I can't help myself taking pictures of it every chance I get.

Image <-3" kamagong over monoblock spider stand
ImageImage
Fortunate that I found those NEC 6SL7s above. It's quite unique among the 6SL7s that I have, because on top of its shiny silver plates (yep, all silver it seems) its 2 rods protrude above and what looks a tight rope, a suspended filament connects the two rods. The sound? Exquisite! I've retired my Kenrad VT229 and Mullard ECC35 ever since I got them NECs.

My kids get quite a scare when I play this gramophone. It reminds them of the movie "JeepersCreepers" they say. hehe. :evil:
I was a surprised by the gramophone's reflection on the lower left hand corner there. I can't explain how it got there really...
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby donnie » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:43 am

superb set-up racio, nice and clean.
donnie
Citizen
Citizen

Postby iceman90a » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:03 am

Idol talaga! :)
iceman90a
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zetroce » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:21 am

Galing talaga, hindi lang sa setup, pati sa pagkuha ng litrato. :o :o

Ang husay!!! :)

Congrats!! 8)
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby Superman » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:30 am

you call that simple??? :D it's superb! congrats! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby rtsyrtsy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:56 pm

What lens did you use for those shots? Fantastic work...inspiring, makes me want to tidy up my gear. :D
rtsyrtsy

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:55 pm

awesome looking set-up...gotta listen to that! :-D
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Killer Mike » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:55 pm

Lupit Ever! :D
Killer Mike
Legend
Legend

Postby Racio » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:17 am

A big thanks for the kind comments guys! Malinis ba tignan talaga? I ought to let my wife read your posts here 'coz she often thinks otherwise. hehe.

rtsyrtsy wrote:What lens did you use for those shots? Fantastic work...inspiring, makes me want to tidy up my gear. :D

I'm glad you liked the shots Russ. Hmm... on the wide shots I used a 14mm f/2.8 prime but set on mid aperture, around 5.6 if I remember correctly. I pulled out my 50mm f/1.8 for the Guarneri pic above and shot hand held at wide open (bitin ng konte pala tripod ko). For the cart photos, I made use of the macro focusing on the 28-135mm IS. Then the rest w/ the kit lens 18-55mm. Whew!... :D

vintage_dog wrote:awesome looking set-up...gotta listen to that! :-D

Hey thanks Francis! Let me know when you'll be in the area, I could clean those new vinyls you have there as well (nasakin pa rin yung VPI ni JM. hehe). :wink:
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Racio » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:38 am

I got a good lesson in parenting yesterday: "Never scare your kids (specially w/ an eerie sounding music thru a gramophone) and think you'll get away w/ it, they can always get back at you big time when you least expect it"... like unleashing the family pup into your audio room! :o ...

Image :lol:
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:39 am

Ha-ha....perfect sound forever...woof woof!
rtsyrtsy

PreviousNext

Return to Members' Audio Set-up