amandarae's set-up ...... UPDATED!!!!

Post your system set-up here.

Moderator: JackD201

Re: amandarae's set-up ...... UPDATED!!!!

Postby audiostar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:54 pm

Congrats again Abe. As they say, when will it end? ;)
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby amandarae » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:07 pm

audiostar wrote:Congrats again Abe. As they say, when will it end? ;)

Hello Val,

Muchos gracias! When will it end? I am afraid someone will ask that.

I do most of my listening at night for personal reasons. I found it very comforting when one of the decisions I have to make is I have to choose which amp to use before every session like: "What will it be tonight, 45, 2A3, 300b, or El34? Soon, the choices will be more. I hope people who read this does not take that in a wrong way.

I also posted the pic just last night. In the morning, here I am, filing ( no work 'til early afternoon)the chassis for another 300B and/or VT137 amp already even though I do not have any idea which and what components to get for them. Furthermore, I do not know when I would "complete" them. I also have a 12Sn7/6R7G preamp waiting for me to finish and its been staring at me for months now.

I really think that I am into this "amp building" mode for a very long time. It is very difficult to imagine, at this present time, to think that I am going to stop. I get a sense of deep commitment and accomplishment every time I finish a project. I hope one can imagine how much pride we get (DIY'ers) when we completed a project and sound wonderful as well. Most of my gears are products of my own "blood, sweat, and tears" now in one way or another. I kid you not, nothing comes close to the personal high I experienced as I finished my projects one by one. Not even close to the feeling I get when I bought something new (audio gear) and eagerly waiting for UPS/FEDEX/ DHL or whoever to knock on my door and announce the delivery. Not even close! It is also an added bonus to say "I built all that!", instead of " I connected all that!" when a friend, a relative, or a visitor drop by to check your system out. To me, the two statements have entirely different weights and meanings.

I am saying this with complete honesty. I know the fact that not all people can do DIY, and to that matter, I have no solution. I wish I can be an instrument to help them start as other people here in this forum helped me (which I am forever grateful!). But I also wish that when they look at their gears, they feel the same way as we DIY'ers do. After all, the important thing is that we are happy on what we are building, buying, and listening no matter which road we took to get there.

Thanks again!

best regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TonyC » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi Abe,

Any comment on your current OB as compared to your Orions? Thanks :D :D
TonyC
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi Abe,

I wish I had the gift but I think It's best for everybody's health and safety if you keep a soldering iron out of my hands :D :D :D :D I'll just have to find safer creative outlets. I do envy you guys though. "Buying" can never match "making" but you're right. For some it will just have to do. No regrets though I'd rate my audio life a 10/10 for the first time. Ironically it isn't because of any new product but because I just don't take audio or my thoughts on audio so seriously these days. I'm not done by a long shot but this whole financial crisis has made me rethink my world view. The final conclusion was that the world would be a better place if we all took time out to appreciate the present a little more. :)

You da Man! I'm really happy for you bro!

Jack :)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby amandarae » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:59 pm

TonyC wrote:Hi Abe,

The last time I fired up my Orions was 10 months ago. I can vaguely remember how they sound. Next summer, assuming they are not sold yet, I can probably give an updated comparison between the two ;)

happy holidays senor!

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby amandarae » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:05 pm

JackD201 wrote:Hi Abe,

I wish I had the gift but I think It's best for everybody's health and safety if you keep a soldering iron out of my hands :D :D :D :D I'll just have to find safer creative outlets. I do envy you guys though. "Buying" can never match "making" but you're right. For some it will just have to do. No regrets though I'd rate my audio life a 10/10 for the first time. Ironically it isn't because of any new product but because I just don't take audio or my thoughts on audio so seriously these days. I'm not done by a long shot but this whole financial crisis has made me rethink my world view. The final conclusion was that the world would be a better place if we all took time out to appreciate the present a little more. :)

You da Man! I'm really happy for you bro!

Jack :)

Your honor,

Di bagay sa 'yo DIY. If I am closer, I can build amps and you can point and choose na lang assuming you like it! Serving the public and with your own business on the side will be too hectic for you to find time building stuff.

Yeah, same here, I am fairly quiet nowadays regarding audio. I might not be "done" but for now, I am happy.

Happy holidays congressman!

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:38 am

Happy Holidays too Abe! Don't forget to pick up your clubs once in a while para pag-uwi mo makalaro tayo :) :) :) :)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby TonyC » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:45 am

amandarae wrote:

The last time I fired up my Orions was 10 months ago. I can vaguely remember how they sound. Next summer, assuming they are not sold yet, I can probably give an updated comparison between the two ;)

happy holidays senor!

Abe

You too my friend, Happy Holidays!!

I've been reading great reviews on Hawthorne's Sterlings Silver Iris in trio configuration (w/2 Auggies), would you be exploring these any time soon?
TonyC
Citizen
Citizen

Postby amandarae » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:58 am

JackD201 wrote:Happy Holidays too Abe! Don't forget to pick up your clubs once in a while para pag-uwi mo makalaro tayo :) :) :) :)

Congressman,

Ahh, you know one of my many frustrations. My youngest is already 5 and soon, I will get a chance to hit the range. I know I still can hit it, the problem is where will it end up after the hit.

Will try to practice your honor, but I might not be in your class and never will. Hope to have the chance to play a round or two with you in the future.

best regards

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby amandarae » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:02 am

TonyC wrote:
amandarae wrote:

happy holidays senor!

Abe

You too my friend, Happy Holidays!!

I've been reading great reviews on Hawthorne's Sterlings Silver Iris in trio configuration (w/2 Auggies), would you be exploring these any time soon?

I read many good things about those drivers too! Unfortunately, I do not think I will venture to own a pair some time soon. Okay na ko boss!

I have a friend, 10 to 15 miles away, planning to try those drivers. I will try to get some "inside scoop" for you if necessary.

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TonyC » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:45 am

Muchas gracias Abe, happy Holidays :D :D
TonyC
Citizen
Citizen

Postby amandarae » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:45 pm

amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby yellowpaper » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Nice bro. Ganda. Makadalaw nga ulit :D
yellowpaper
Citizen
Citizen

Location: Colorado, Washington, DC, Alaska, Oregon and counting

Postby amandarae » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 pm

yellowpaper wrote:Nice bro. Ganda. Makadalaw nga ulit :D

Tagal!!! Musta na bro? Pag sinipag ako, gawa ako ng Onken :D
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby camotecue » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:03 pm

amandarae wrote:Image

Nice! Congrats!

Are those le cleac'h horns? What frequency do you operate those horns? I see no dedicated tweeters.
camotecue
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Congratulations!!!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby amandarae » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 pm

@camoteque: Oo sir! JMLC 350, ysing 4th Order L-Riley XO. Mayroon sir, Fostex T90A nasa likod.

@Superman: Salamat Jen! Matagal na yun, 2 1/2 years na yata. Thanks uli!
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:01 am

Abe is BACK! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kamusta na pare!?????
JackD201
Immortal

Postby amandarae » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:40 am

JackD201 wrote:Abe is BACK! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kamusta na pare!?????

Mabuti sir! Kumusta din kayo, and ilang condo floors na listening room ninyo ngayon? ;)
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:56 am

Abe, nabuhay ka ah :). And nice set of horns :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Members' Audio Set-up