ANNOUNCEMENT: Evolutions

Post your system set-up here.

Moderator: JackD201

ANNOUNCEMENT: Evolutions

Postby JackD201 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:17 pm

For those that have taken the time and effort to chronicle your audio journeys with historical and anecdotal accounts of your systems, Superman and I believe you deserve sticky status for your threads. We hope that this will encourage others to do the same.

Thank you to all of you who have decided to share your experiences with the community!

Your Moderators

:emo: NOTE: Cong. Jack, I edited the title of the post since there seems to be some confusion. Thanks!
JackD201
Immortal

Re: Evolutions

Postby Superman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:27 pm

JackD201 wrote:For those that have taken the time and effort to chronicle your audio journeys with historical and anecdotal accounts of your systems, Superman and I believe you deserve sticky status for your threads. We hope that this will encourage others to do the same.

Thank you to all of you who have decided to share your experiences with the community!

Your Moderators

AMEN to that! THANKS for the effort of really updating your respective set-ups...We also encourage everybody to post pictures of your set-ups so everybody will see (and appreciate more)...Regards! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby egay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Tranferred to "Egay's Corner"
:hai:
.e.
Last edited by egay on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:26 pm

egay wrote:i was actually thinking of starting to trace my whereabouts in this sickness/madness and had already gathered some old photos of my then and now :clap: and both of you just read my mind - wow! same birds do think alike 8)

i'll start.
Dates maybe off, but they should be within earshots.

1972 - Radiowelath Claire de Lune with Dual Turntable - this is tubed man!
1982 - Sansui Separates: R60 integrated amp + Cassette Tape Deck; Sony CDP + Sony Laser Disc; Dual TT
1988 - Musical Fidelity Typhoon Bridged system + CAL CDP ...

1988 was the time when i started hearing about "high-end" and the "Audiophile Society of the Philippines" and how "exclusive" this fraternity is/was/is(?). this was when i met the tomboyish gal of Upscale in their National Bookstore shop in QAve; that's where i bought my first hi-end TT - the Gyrodeck (yun manipis na acrylic); this did not last and i sold it and continued with my Dual.

1989 - akyat-bahay: my house in Valenzuela was robbed and i went zero in audio... ahh, i now have an excuse to "upgrade"

to be continued...

.e.

Egay, suggest you start a new thread highlighting your set-up...Thanks!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby egay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Superman wrote:
egay wrote:i was actually thinking of starting to trace my whereabouts in this sickness/madness and had already gathered some old photos of my "then-and-now" :clap: and both of you just read my mind - wow! some birds do think alike 8) ....e.

hmm? so what is this thread about then? i'm confused :drunk:

my understanding is THIS thread would be the depository of our "audio evolution"...
if i start a "new" thread to highlight my setup, then it should be in the "Members' Setup" Thread, shouldn't it?

is this "Evolutions" thread then just an announcement?

perdona me, kimusabe... could you clarify please?
my understanding's a bit rusty at the moment.

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:42 pm

nakup - nasa "Members' Audio Setup" na pala ako.
sorry, tao lang po :$

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:45 pm

egay wrote:
Superman wrote:
egay wrote:i was actually thinking of starting to trace my whereabouts in this sickness/madness and had already gathered some old photos of my "then-and-now" :clap: and both of you just read my mind - wow! some birds do think alike 8) ....e.

hmm? so what is this thread about then? i'm confused :drunk:

my understanding is THIS thread would be the depository of our "audio evolution"...
if i start a "new" thread to highlight my setup, then it should be in the "Members' Setup" Thread, shouldn't it?

is this "Evolutions" thread then just an announcement?

perdona me, kimusabe... could you clarify please?
my understanding's a bit rusty at the moment.

.e.

Egay, we are encouraging each member to start their own thread and update it regularly re: the evolution of their system...Hope this clarifies...this thread's intention is to ANNOUNCE that for those who have been regularly updating their threads, moderators have edited them to be "stickies"...Thanks!
Superman
Master Showman

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Evolutions

Postby Superman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:48 pm

JackD201 wrote:For those that have taken the time and effort to chronicle your audio journeys with historical and anecdotal accounts of your systems, Superman and I believe you deserve sticky status for your threads. We hope that this will encourage others to do the same.

Your Moderators

:emo: NOTE: Cong. Jack, I edited the title of the post since there seems to be some confusion. Thanks!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby JackD201 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:51 pm

Ayus :rock: :) :) :)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby pigdog » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:49 pm

i forgot where this thread is located can you kindly direct me please? i got plenty of changes ahead that should make for some interesting reading
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:56 pm

'kala ko libreng Wiredstate Sticker :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

:beer: :beer: :beer: to the mods :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby randybarba » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:31 am

Just complied and posted updates. Sorry couldn't come up with a good write-up though :( . Hope to do better during the next stage of evolution :)
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Wed May 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi WS People!

Great day! There was a recent suggestion by Paul (Mamimili) re: placing the Members' Set-Up Thread somewhere above the WS Panel. This is still up for discussion (see separate thread re: suggestion on wiredstate/wiredstate photo community).

In this regard, we would just like to encourage members to post their precious set-ups here, and for those who have already posted their set-ups, to kindly please update your respective threads. We would all love to see images/pictures of your set-ups. This is one way of learning from each other in our audio community. Thanks!

Superman/Jen
Superman
Master Showman

Postby rtsyrtsy » Wed May 19, 2010 4:52 pm

This is a fantastic idea. Thanks to those who thought of it and 10,000 thanks to those who are implementing it.

This is phenomenally useful because WS essentially becomes a database of what gear poeple have used. I can thus contact them and learn!

I also like the idea of "crowdsourcing" the content on WS. Indeed, this is a more sustainable approach.
rtsyrtsy

Postby Superman » Wed May 19, 2010 4:55 pm

rtsyrtsy wrote:This is a fantastic idea. Thanks to those who thought of it and 10,000 thanks to those who are implementing it.

This is phenomenally useful because WS essentially becomes a database of what gear poeple have used. I can thus contact them and learn!

I also like the idea of "crowdsourcing" the content on WS. Indeed, this is a more sustainable approach.

Thanks Russ! Regards!
Superman
Master Showman

Return to Members' Audio Set-up