FLD's ever evolving set-up : Conclusion as of Sept 09--

Post your system set-up here.

Moderator: JackD201

Re: FLD's ever evolving set-up : Conclusion as of Sept 09--

Postby stereophile » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:47 am

Ferdie- Thank you very much for your hospitality and allowing my wife & I an exotic aural treat. I have always heard good reviews by your guests. It was only last Saturday that I had a chance to hear it for myself. How does it sound? The speakers and walls disappeared! I was left to myself and the music! The pressure of putting value to what gears were in the room vanished. All that was left was what is essential: the music. Make no mistake, everything was in synergy: The room, the acoustics and the gears. It was so enthralling, I enjoyed Kraftwerk's Tour de France on CD!- to think I have the LP of this! :)

Ferdie was asking me how an analog set-up would sound in his room. After listening to the cd of Aaron Neville...it was as if he was playing the very record I owned! You may say it's blasphemy on my part, but I felt the ttable he would choose to put in this room would be up for stiff competition by the digital front.

It was too bad that the convention I went there to attend didn't allow for more extended listening. I highly recommend you visit Ferdie when in Cebu. It's a must listen for any audiophile.

Thanks again, Ferdie for allowing my wife and I to an unforgettable listening experience and for the scrumptious lunch you served. See you soon.
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby fld » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:22 am

Stereophile,

It was a pleasure seeing you and your wife last Saturday. Thank you for finding a time for that short listening session.
Many thanks for the kind words and compliments.
I look forward to hearing your analog set-up in my future visits to Manila.

Regards
Ferdie
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dante » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:46 am

keith wrote:Ferds, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jack, sama ako diyan

Bros, sama rin ako! Just say when! :D
dante
cool dude

Postby JoeyGS » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 am

Hi ferds,

Congratulating you is not enough...one has to actually hear and feel your setup.....in order to appreciate audio nirvana.

Best regards,
JoeyGS
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ricochet » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:57 am

Hi Ferds,

It is very elating that there is a system down south that could represent the best of the best in this wonderful hobby of ours, and is continually improved at that. Anha ko diha sa Cebu on Sept 22. Basig puede ta kapaminaw ana.

More Power Bai

Rhett
ricochet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 pm

ricochet315 wrote:Hi Ferds,

It is very elating that there is a system down south that could represent the best of the best in this wonderful hobby of ours, and is continually improved at that. Anha ko diha sa Cebu on Sept 22. Basig puede ta kapaminaw ana.

More Power Bai

Rhett

Rhett,

You are always welcome here. I'll mark down my calendar.
The last time you were here was when Jack and Keith delivered the Lamms.
The unit you heard had only 4 hours then. As of today it has around 300 hours.
It has improved a lot since then.
Nonetheless, no such thing as the best. Just in the same way as "no such thing as perfect".
It all depends on one's preference.
See you then Rhett.

Till then.

Ferdie
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby soundpurist » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:48 pm

One of the finest audio encounters I ever had was last sunday's 2 hour listening at Ferdie's set up. The abbreviated experience was enough to amaze me. A great system indeed doesn't need hours to impress an intense listener. Right at the very first note of Diana Krall's S wonderful, the first piece with vocals I requested, the system disappeared leaving the invincible Krall right in front of me! :) Audiofool terms soundstage, details, depth, etc. and etc., I didn't care, all I had then was the feeling of illusions created of right being there breathing with the musicians.

Hard to say which part of the system does best. My bias goes for the Harbeth shl5- but of course since I'm looking for a good bookshelf. But no way Harbeth does the best here - from source to speaker to room acoustics, everything are topnotch. It's a system synergy I believe. Truly a great system Ferds! I can't just imagine what a good analog front end sounds like in your room. WOW 8)

It was brief but full of realizations: Harbeths breath life, shl5 my type :); integration of room correction makes wonders; Accuphase CD player sounds analoglike; and what a handome great amp Lamm 2.2 is. Hew!

Whether your'e a tube freak or a SS addict, you will simply be amazed by the looks of it, and you'll endear its honest sound.
A must see/hear set up for audiophiles once in Cebu!

Salamat kaayo Bai for the time kahit it was a sunday, a family day. Looking forward of hearing the SHL5 again! ;)
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:56 pm

soundpurist wrote:One of the finest audio encounters I ever had was last sunday's 2 hour listening at Ferdie's set up. The abbreviated experience was enough to amaze me. A great system indeed doesn't need hours to impress an intense listener. Right at the very first note of Diana Krall's S wonderful, the first piece with vocals I requested, the system disappeared leaving the invincible Krall right in front of me! :) Audiofool terms soundstage, details, depth, etc. and etc., I didn't care, all I had then was the feeling of illusions created of right being there breathing with the musicians.

Hard to say which part of the system does best. My bias goes for the Harbeth shl5- but of course since I'm looking for a good bookshelf. But no way Harbeth does the best here - from source to speaker to room acoustics, everything are topnotch. It's a system synergy I believe. Truly a great system Ferds! I can't just imagine what a good analog front end sounds like in your room. WOW 8)

It was brief but full of realizations: Harbeths breath life, shl5 my type :); integration of room correction makes wonders; Accuphase CD player sounds analoglike; and what a handome great amp Lamm 2.2 is. Hew!

Whether your'e a tube freak or a SS addict, you will simply be amazed by the looks of it, and you'll endear its honest sound.
A must see/hear set up for audiophiles once in Cebu!

Salamat kaayo Bai for the time kahit it was a sunday, a family day. Looking forward of hearing the SHL5 again! ;)

Hi Jun,

Many thanks for the kind words & the effort / time you took just to fly to Cebu to listen to the harbeths.
I wish i could have treated you out for lunch- but perhaps, on your next trip to Cebu!
I look forward to your next visit here.
Again, many thanks! more power bai!

regards
Ferdie
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Tubedude » Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm

After a two year hiatus I finally was able to visit Ferdie at length and get Lamminated! All I can say my friend is that you have the best sound I have heard anyplace. Period. Thank you so much for the many many hours of pure joy! :clap:
The acoustics are amazing, mix in Harbeth SHL5 the Lamms with good vinyl it is just pure music.
Two days before our departure I heard John Scofield backed up by a trio in a small jazz club. Listening in your room was the same as attending a jazz session. Good recordings placed each musician in place. Interestingly I could hear very detailed extended music from more than one instrument/musician at a time. It’s difficult to find the words to describe what I mean by this. It is the first time I have ever heard music reproduced that sounded so correct and life like. It took very little effort to imagine I was listening to live music.
I also learned much more about phono cartridges from you and our friend in CDO. That is another story.
8)
Tubedude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby DCO » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 am

I finally was able to visit Ferd's shop and listen to his system! What can i say?? im speechless! i want to be like FLD when i grow up! hahahaha :) drooooool.... A must to drop by when you are in Cebu...
One of the best sound system i have heard! Congrats Ferd's..
;)
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arcamarel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:36 pm

I had a first of its kind, unique experience to hear and feel the music last Saturday at Ferdie's Showroom at Sounds & Images, Cebu.

All I can say is WOW, Wow & Wow!!!! After witnessing and auditioning quite a number of systems since I got into this hobby, this is for me the best so far. I can't explain the feeling of what I heard/experienced, but it still keeps coming at the back of my mind up to now. The deep, deep soundstage, excellent acoustics and the disappearing act to name a few attributes...

Very highly recommended place to come to when in Cebu, I will be looking forward to come back and savor this memorable experience again in the future.

Unluckily for me, the available model of Harbeth speakers available that time is out of reach for me. I came to audition the much smaller version, the HLP3 but was able to hear the SHL5.

Anyways, thanks very much Ferdie for the very warm welcome and I hope to hear from you soon.

Booby
arcamarel

Postby fld » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Your welcome Dodo & Booby. I look forward to seeing you guys in the future. Best of luck!
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 am

DCO wrote:I finally was able to visit Ferd's shop and listen to his system! What can i say?? im speechless! i want to be like FLD when i grow up! hahahaha :) drooooool.... A must to drop by when you are in Cebu...
;)

to get this kind of feedback from a heavy hitter like Dodo says a lot! Congrats Ferdie, sana one of these days mapadpad din ako sa Cebu..
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby fld » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 am

dimfer wrote:
DCO wrote:I finally was able to visit Ferd's shop and listen to his system! What can i say?? im speechless! i want to be like FLD when i grow up! hahahaha :) drooooool.... A must to drop by when you are in Cebu...
;)

to get this kind of feedback from a heavy hitter like Dodo says a lot! Congrats Ferdie, sana one of these days mapadpad din ako sa Cebu..

Anytime Ding...hope to see you here someday!
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pandidoy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Whoaah! Wow!!! Had the chance to visit Sir Ferdie's store yesterday. What can I say??? Nice gear Sir, :rock: :rock:
pandidoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:37 pm

pandidoy wrote:Whoaah! Wow!!! Had the chance to visit Sir Ferdie's store yesterday. What can I say??? Nice gear Sir, :rock: :rock:

thanks for dropping by! hope to see you in the future.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby forseti » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:40 pm

I want to share the experience that I was able to hear and appreciate Ferdie's awesome set-up last week. Ferdie was very accommodating during my visit. What can I say more "dream system that any audiophile would include as part of a wishlist".

The LAMMS-great power with finesse, HARBETH-very engaging, TW Acustic-awesome craftmanship, ACCUPHASE-great design and other gears in the main room (what more can I say).

I was also very lucky to hear newly arrived high-end gears that will be showcase this coming Hi-Fi show at Mandarin 2010. As a teaser high-end speaker (model first in the Philippines that Ferdie is proud to have) and other gears............wait for the November Hi-Fi show :rock: :rock:

Thank you very much Ferdie, looking forward to hear again your showcase soon.

If you're in Cebu, never fail to drop by Ferdie's place. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
forseti
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Doc,

It was nice of you to come by! I wish you had more time to listen.... Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Thanks again!!!

Regards
Ferdie
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby redline_xp » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:26 am

Hello Sir Ferds,

Thanks for having us last week. Had a great time listening to your system. Had goose bumps listening to Diana K, especially to Gene Ammons. Your Harbeth, Lamm & Accuphase has a deep soundstage, right size of artist, space in between instruments and imaging to die for. I also enjoyed a different presentation in your showroom with your Wilson Sophia, Peachtree, Artemis, lyra combo. I'll be going back definitely! :clap: :clap: :clap:
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Kamusta hang-over na dulot ng Sinulog Ryan? Sakit ba? :lol: :lol: :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

PreviousNext

Return to Members' Audio Set-up