JackD201 - No Holds Barred 2011 edition

Post your system set-up here.

Moderator: JackD201

Re: JackD201 - No Holds Barred 2011 edition

Postby randybarba » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:08 am

JackD201 wrote: It's both a blessing and a curse since like any precision instruments they take care and effort to bring out their full potential. When the love and care is put in, you get a lot of love in return as I have witnessed with Dante, VD, RJ and Doc Randy. So much so that they don't even want to upgrade anymore! Bad for business good for making lifelong friends :clap:

Ngayon ko lang nabasa to. Yup, after years of tweaking around in my system, I think I've finally maximized my Jrs' potentials and am currently enjoying my system tremendously. But I actually haven't closed my doors to upgrading :) . I'm just biding my time until I have finally slowly siphoned off enough from my kids' college fund to buy me an SR mk III without she-who-must-be-obeyed finding about it :lol: . Another option is also to patiently bide my time until someone who owns an SR mk III gets the upgrade itch and lets go of his pair - maybe then I can jump on the opportunity and snag them :)
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:10 am

Hi Doc, the time will come :)

Hmmm. Paano naging 2011 edition ang title na ito? :D :D :D Now I have to show a peak of the REAL 2011 edition. Kaya lang medjo hubad pa. Wala pang area rugs! Pero puwede na rin. There's still some ringing from the floor reflections. So there is a "talas" I'm not too thrilled about but I can live with while waiting. Dahan dahan lang muna.

JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:37 am

JackD201 wrote:Hi Doc, the time will come :)

Hmmm. Paano naging 2011 edition ang title na ito? :D :D :D Now I have to show a peak of the REAL 2011 edition. Kaya lang medjo hubad pa. Wala pang area rugs! Pero puwede na rin. There's still some ringing from the floor reflections. So there is a "talas" I'm not too thrilled about but I can live with while waiting. Dahan dahan lang muna.

"Dahan dahan". That's a philosophy I practice too. Para malasap 'unti unti'. :lol: That's what makes the hobby fun. You have something to look forward to. :)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby keith » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:21 am

jadis wrote:

"Dahan dahan". That's a philosophy I practice too. Para malasap 'unti unti'. :lol: That's what makes the hobby fun. You have something to look forward to. :)

ako gusto ko "one time big time" para tapos na :D
keith
walastick

Postby jadis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:43 am

keith wrote:
jadis wrote:

ako gusto ko "one time big time" para tapos na :D

another way to look at it, keith. 'masakit pero masarap'. and most important of all - TAPOS NA nga. :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:52 am

Gusto ko rin tapos na para ang mga bibilhin ko nalang.......O.W.N. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 am

JackD201 wrote:Gusto ko rin tapos na para ang mga bibilhin ko nalang.......O.W.N. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:o :o :o :o

:x :x :x :x

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby techsheep » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 am

Superb to the max gears and room acoustics. Now thats life! Congrats, one of the best locally.
techsheep

Postby jamants » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:00 am

just saw this thread, SOLID YUNG LAO! :rock: and the gears are not too shabby either :lol: :lol:
jamants
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 am

So this is what happens when I'm out of the house. My wife and her buddies play the system! :D :D :D

http://heart-2-heart-online.com/?s=jack ... order=desc

Some changes have been made in recent months. I'm now using a Valvet Soulshine with Tele 802s instead of the Lamm L2 Reference which was not optimal for providing signal to two pairs of amplifiers over a 12 meter run. The Soulshine also has more inputs. Very handy since I now have 2 tables and 5 arm/cart combos. Added was the little rocker, the Townshend Rock 7 with Excalibur arm. Mounted on the Rock is a ZYX Airy 3 S, the cart I consider my party cart and onto a Lamm LP2 phono with the 1:32 step up option. On the TW are 2 Graham Phantoms with L wands and on them are the "holodeck" carts the XV-1t and the Lyra Atlas. On the TW Raven arm is the MYSonic Labs Ultra Eminent BC for melooooooow moods. After years of praying for hand me downs (love you Kuya ;) ) , These were joined by a Triplanar Ultimate on which is mounted what I consider the best ever match for it, a Koetsu. In my case a Jade Platinum. This is for that earthy vibe. Yeah baby :) These go into the Valvet Soulphono. Come to think of it, it was a world's first as it was a custom build that is now part of the product lineup. The Soulphono has four inputs. What a coincidence! Hehehe. Input 1 has a pair of 1:10, 2 and 3 has 1:20s and 4 is MM to accept the output of the MYSonic 302 SUT. Tubes are Tele 803s and 801s matched and balanced. Many thanks to the tube commando who found them for me!

Special shout out to bogart for once again going above and beyond the call of duty and redefining AGAIN what after sales service is all about. We did an arm rigodon removing two arms and mounting 3! Hanep ka brad. Saludo!

What's next? I dunno. I do know that we just picked up a new line :devil: You'll have to wait until November to find out what. :x
JackD201
Immortal

Postby diesel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 am

My dream audio room.. At dream house na din... :D ....Congrats sir..
diesel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby usai » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:10 am

Home :)

Thanks for sharing...
usai
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jadis » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:03 am

JackD201 wrote:So this is what happens when I'm out of the house. My wife and her buddies play the system! :D :D :D

Some changes have been made in recent months. I'm now using a Valvet Soulshine with Tele 802s instead of the Lamm L2 Reference which was not optimal for providing signal to two pairs of amplifiers over a 12 meter run. The Soulshine also has more inputs. Very handy since I now have 2 tables and 5 arm/cart combos. Added was the little rocker, the Townshend Rock 7 with Excalibur arm. Mounted on the Rock is a ZYX Airy 3 S, the cart I consider my party cart and onto a Lamm LP2 phono with the 1:32 step up option. On the TW are 2 Graham Phantoms with L wands and on them are the "holodeck" carts the XV-1t and the Lyra Atlas. On the TW Raven arm is the MYSonic Labs Ultra Eminent BC for melooooooow moods. After years of praying for hand me downs (love you Kuya ;) ) , These were joined by a Triplanar Ultimate on which is mounted what I consider the best ever match for it, a Koetsu. In my case a Jade Platinum. This is for that earthy vibe. Yeah baby :) These go into the Valvet Soulphono. Come to think of it, it was a world's first as it was a custom build that is now part of the product lineup. The Soulphono has four inputs. What a coincidence! Hehehe. Input 1 has a pair of 1:10, 2 and 3 has 1:20s and 4 is MM to accept the output of the MYSonic 302 SUT. Tubes are Tele 803s and 801s matched and balanced. Many thanks to the tube commando who found them for me!

Special shout out to bogart for once again going above and beyond the call of duty and redefining AGAIN what after sales service is all about. We did an arm rigodon removing two arms and mounting 3! Hanep ka brad. Saludo!

What's next? I dunno. I do know that we just picked up a new line :devil: You'll have to wait until November to find out what. :x

This is where science and art merge. In my books, the perfect combination of both fields of a musical abode that I can think of. And to add, it has some 'feel' of going 'down' in history, literally - it has a downward passage way into a 'dungeon'. :lol: Buti na lang nakakalabas pa ako sa dungeon na ito. :lol: Hope to visit again prior to the show, pag dumating ang 'kwan'. 8)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 am

jadis wrote:
JackD201 wrote:So this is what happens when I'm out of the house. My wife and her buddies play the system! :D :D :D

This is where science and art merge. In my books, the perfect combination of both fields of a musical abode that I can think of. And to add, it has some 'feel' of going 'down' in history, literally - it has a downward passage way into a 'dungeon'. :lol: Buti na lang nakakalabas pa ako sa dungeon na ito. :lol: Hope to visit again prior to the show, pag dumating ang 'kwan'. 8)

Phil, this should be part of the super systems :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:41 am

Jon Agner wrote:
jadis wrote:

Phil, this should be part of the super systems :)

But of course Jon. I've stopped counting the super systems, and besides, this system and the emperor's system are 'sui generis' systems. :)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby vintage_dog » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 pm

congrats jack!

everything in there is a work of art and perfection :)

cheers to the good life!
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JackD201 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks VD!

Like you, I've been more into fine tuning the last bit of performance. Also like, you things have finally come together as envisioned. Funny, I never thought I would get to the point where I could fairly say I don't have to tweak anything more but I have. Now I want to superglue everything in place! :D :D :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 pm

JackD201 wrote:Thanks VD!

Like you, I've been more into fine tuning the last bit of performance. Also like, you things have finally come together as envisioned. Funny, I never thought I would get to the point where I could fairly say I don't have to tweak anything more but I have. Now I want to superglue everything in place! :D :D :D

then its time to simply listen to the music and not think about what else to tweak :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Ganun na nga :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dimfer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Now I want to superglue everything in place!

I'd still call that tweaking 8)
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Members' Audio Set-up