august
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Dante's Sala Updated August 15, 2010

Postby dante » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 am

august wrote:
prince_charming wrote:wow youre one rich dude lol

Yes, he is... :envy: :envy: :envy:

I wish I am rich. My gear would be very different if I were a rich man. As it is, I just happen to have really smart kids whose tuition is free. What they save me in school expenses funds the audio hobby. :lol:

But, I am super rich with friends in audio! That, I confess to! :rock:
dante
cool dude

Postby kabubi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Dante is not rich --- rather, he is "enriched".
And his company and friendship is "enriching" to those who know him well :D :D :D
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby august » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:34 pm

dante wrote:
august wrote:

I wish I am rich. My gear would be very different if I were a rich man. As it is, I just happen to have really smart kids whose tuition is free. What they save me in school expenses funds the audio hobby. :lol:

Congrats Atty. Dante :clap: :clap: :clap: I think a cup of superbly brewed coffee is in order :lol: :lol: :lol:
august
Citizen
Citizen

Postby august » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 pm

kabubi wrote:Dante is not rich --- rather, he is "enriched".
And his company and friendship is "enriching" to those who know him well :D :D :D

As your company and friendship is, too, Buboy :) :) :) ...sorry for the OT!!!
august
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kabubi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:54 pm

august wrote:
kabubi wrote:Dante is not rich --- rather, he is "enriched".

As your company and friendship is, too, Buboy :) :) :) ...sorry for the OT!!!

what to do with the OT...let's add a "D" and an "S" to the OT, then we have... DOST :D :D :D

ayos ba August :D that coffee of Dante's should go very well with the sound coming from his new Thorens 124 with the mono cart and the beautiful Grado tonearm.
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby dante » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:21 pm

I can take a hint. Sige na nga. Listening session with coffee, mis amigos. Wag lang this long weekend as I will be away. Text text to confirm the sched?
dante
cool dude

Postby kabubi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:32 pm

dante wrote:I can take a hint. Sige na nga. Listening session with coffee, mis amigos. Wag lang this long weekend as I will be away. Text text to confirm the sched?

o ayan, Andre. your buco pie and Dante's coffee plus your favorite jazz records...now that's being held hostage :D :D :D
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:00 pm

dante wrote:
august wrote:

True... else we should be listening to a VR11 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby august » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:31 pm

dante wrote:I can take a hint. Sige na nga. Listening session with coffee, mis amigos. Wag lang this long weekend as I will be away. Text text to confirm the sched?

No problem Sir! Buko pies and espasol on me!!!!
august
Citizen
Citizen

Postby august » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:33 pm

kabubi wrote:

o ayan, Andre. your buco pie and Dante's coffee plus your favorite jazz records...now that's being held hostage :D :D :D

Kung ganyan ang klase ng pangho-hostage...i willingly submit :) :) :)
august
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jadis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:23 am

Dante, thanks for the wonderful session the other night with our good friends. Cozy atmosphere and I can imagine you staying in there for long extended hours with your multiple audio toys producing great music. And every visit to friends is a revelation in music as this time I get to know and hear the voice of the lovely Nicole Kidman singing 'Something Stupid'. :)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby strictly_vinyl » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:55 am

dante wrote:New toys... mono set up... Grado "Woody" Arm, Denon 102, on a TD-124. ;)

Now playing in my sala! I am speechless!

The long arm is back! Ortofon 309S with a properly mounted SPU Gold cart and coupled with a Garrard 301 oil bearing (hindi pa grease yan - partida!) on a Joey black plinth. Awesome music now playing with an Ortofon Verto SUT, Graham Slee Era Gold V PS, Isabel pre-amp, bi-amping a Von Schweickert VR-4 SR with a Unison Research Unico DM and a pair of Ambel's Awesome 300B monoblocks. Speaker cables are Acoustic Zen Satoris (bi-wired plus single run). Tubes are Western Electric 407Bs on Isabel, Telefunken 12AU7s in the Unico, and RCA 5V4GA, Sylvania 6SN7s and Shuguang 300B-Z Black Treasures on the mono blocks.

I haven't stopped listening since yesterday after I set up my gear. Yeah baby! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Mas malambing but equally superb - my TD-124 set with a Fidelity Research FR64-S + FR1Mk3F cart on a Camotecue/Hyper plinth/arm board hooked up to the same setup. Different flavor - equally awesome to my ears! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Changed carts on the Thorens and tried the Benx Glider. Nawala ang lambing! Naging maton! :D :D :D

Threesome - 301 between 124s! Yeah baby!

Latest additions as of May 29, 2010. Yeah! ;)

Rockin Czechs!

Proudly Pinoy made. Ambel 300Bs who I call Isabellas! With the AVVTs standing very tall in place!

Lux + FR64S + Ortofon SPU Royal N. This setup rocks! Thanks Hyper for the CLA on the Lux!

My Garrard GB 301 + Fidelity Research FR-64FX + Benz Micro Glider. Panalo! :rock: :rock: :rock:

The Glider - gliding, soaring, and singing! Yeah! ;) ;)

TD 124 + Ortofon SMG 209 (or 309, not sure) + Denon 102 Mono + Von Schweikert VR4-SR! Oh la la! 8)

Old setup here:

Latest addition to my system - A GB Garrard 301, Hammertone Finish. Sporting an SME 312 arm on a Joey3RP plinth with solid brass armboard. Who needs Shindough? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not so new addition to my system - Spacearm with a Cartridgeman Music Maker (the one playing Thelonius Himself on Riverside) coupled with a Graham Slee Era Gold V phonostage. The Ace Spacearm with the XX2Mk2 still uses the 47 Labs Phonocube. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Audio system, full view. VSA VR4JRs, Nottingham Spacedeck TT, Ace Spacearm, Dynavector XX2 Mark II, Boston Mat, Tonal by Mandy (very handy), Ah! Super Tjoeb CDP (Njoe Tjoeb 4000 with Upsampler, Upgraded feet, 2x Mullard 6922s), 47 Lab Phonocube with Model 4700 Power Humpty, Unison Research Unico Pre (temporarily using Cary preamps pending repair of the Unico remote control), Unico DM Power Amps x2 at 500 watts per amp running mono, all amps with Telefunken 12au7 x2 tubes in the input stage, solid state outputs, ICs Audience Au24 and Verastarr, Acoustic Zen Satori Shotguns, Killer Mike Acrylic & Stainless Steel Rack and various Manny Ongpauco knick knacks. (not shown: VPI 16.5 and carbon brush... Would those make me a ?????? member? hehehe)

Lizard view of right VR4-Jr. :wink:

Congrats on your stunning set-up. Wow ! ! ! I don't think that I will ever own the same even in my wildest dreams - I will have to win the lotto jackpot to be able to...Wishing you all the best, SV
strictly_vinyl
Citizen
Citizen

Location: In the LAND of ENG, UK/Cable maker @ a non-rip off price

Postby JackD201 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:12 am

jadis wrote:Dante, thanks for the wonderful session the other night with our good friends. Cozy atmosphere and I can imagine you staying in there for long extended hours with your multiple audio toys producing great music. And every visit to friends is a revelation in music as this time I get to know and hear the voice of the lovely Nicole Kidman singing 'Something Stupid'. :)

You must visit again Phil. Dante made a major breakthrough Sunday afternoon :rock: :rock: :rock:

As Dr. Frankenstein once said.........."It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!"

:D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 am

JackD201 wrote:
jadis wrote:Dante, thanks for the wonderful session the other night with our good friends. Cozy atmosphere and I can imagine you staying in there for long extended hours with your multiple audio toys producing great music. And every visit to friends is a revelation in music as this time I get to know and hear the voice of the lovely Nicole Kidman singing 'Something Stupid'. :)

You must visit again Phil. Dante made a major breakthrough Sunday afternoon :rock: :rock: :rock:

As Dr. Frankenstein once said.........."It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!"

:D

:D :D It's alive?? I imagine it must be 'delectably scary', Jack. :D :D :D

Looking forward to it. 8)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:21 am

Someone is going to need a separate office in his house. He is not going to get any work done in that room now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dante » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks dudes. I am constantly amazed by new things we learn with each new tweak suggested and tried by audio friends in my system. Mullard brought a pair of power cords to try in my line stage and, boy, was I surprised at the effect of a couple of feet of wires have on my entire system! Each component really adds up to the synergy of the whole. Amazing! At lalong pinasarap ng lasagna ni Master Tweaker, courtesy of Remus. Salamat Bro!

Jack's visit was another revelation. I forgot that I have those ambience controls for the back firing second tweeters on my SRs. They actually work! :D :D Ang tamad ko kasi mag-tweak! And I now use them to adjust for near field/far field listening. Thanks for the tips, Bros!

SV, newbies are always welcome to our sessions. Drop b and join the boys (or girls) on one of them. :lol:

You're right, Jack. It's alive! Holy cow! ;)
dante
cool dude

Postby strictly_vinyl » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:16 am

dante wrote:Thanks dudes. I am constantly amazed by new things we learn with each new tweak suggested and tried by audio friends in my system. Mullard brought a pair of power cords to try in my line stage and, boy, was I surprised at the effect of a couple of feet of wires have on my entire system! Each component really adds up to the synergy of the whole. Amazing! At lalong pinasarap ng lasagna ni Master Tweaker, courtesy of Remus. Salamat Bro!

Jack's visit was another revelation. I forgot that I have those ambience controls for the back firing second tweeters on my SRs. They actually work! :D :D Ang tamad ko kasi mag-tweak! And I now use them to adjust for near field/far field listening. Thanks for the tips, Bros!

SV, newbies are always welcome to our sessions. Drop b and join the boys (or girls) on one of them. :lol:

You're right, Jack. It's alive! Holy cow! ;)

Many thanks for the reply and invitation dude! I'll surely drop by on my next holiday there...my last Phils visit was in 1995...All the best, SV
strictly_vinyl
Citizen
Citizen

Location: In the LAND of ENG, UK/Cable maker @ a non-rip off price

Postby randybarba » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:28 am

Had to pass on this one due to family duties. Will be there on the next one when the Lyra is fully broken in :)
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mullard88 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Dante,

Thank you for inviting me over. It was a pleasant surprise to meet old friends. Thanks too for the fantastic ensaymada and for helping me source a great lp. Hopefully, I will be able to visit you soon as I am excited to hear the improvements.
mullard88
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Members' Audio Set-up