Pinoydiophiles in Bangkok

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

Postby Skabyol » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:15 am

bro,
The senn "presenters" had no bearing whatsoever to my decision to buy the px100 :lol:

seriously, i have been thinking about how i can hear the px100 and px200 for some months now. Shops don't usually have demo units of headphones. Its more like if you want to hear it go buy it. i guess my prayers where answered. :)
Skabyol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Skabyol » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:24 pm

For those of you who happen to come to bangkok and would like to check out some LPs, here are some of the places you can go to.

Trio (3/F Fortune Town, Room 3015, Ratchadaphisek Rd., 02-248-5855 ext. 3015, 09-501-3377. Open Tue- Sun 11:30am-9:30pm www.bangkok-hi-fi.com) has a good range of jazz, oldies, classic rock and 80s pop music over 10,000 titles. Also sell turntables and equipment, as well as speakers and spare parts.

The Analog Shop (3/F Fortune Town, Room No. 65, Ratchadaphisek Rd., 02 641 0756,01 630 2222. Open 10am-8:30pm) Pricier and just a little more snooty than Trio, this neighboring shop provides a selection of both old and new records in a wide range of genres.

Tonhabab Records (513 Boonsiri Rd., Phra Nakorn, 02 224 2017. Open daily 9:30am-5:30pm) This quaint little shop is a real find for fans who spend hours sifting through piles of old records searching for unexpected gems. They also offer custom-made 45 and 78 record players.

Crazy Vinyl Trax (2/F Silom Plaza, Silom Rd., 01 845 4393, 02 635 1168 mike@crazyvinyltrax.com Open Tues-Sat 2pm-8pm) is a new store that stocks hip hop, house, disco, old funk and old jazz re-issues. A corner devoted to vintage, collectible jazz is currently in the works.

Jazzbah Records (Siam Square Soi 4 (3/F, opposite Happy Berry) 02 658 4627, 09 923 405. Open daily 1pm-9pm. www.jazz-bah.com) specializes in breakbeat, drum 'n' bass, downtempo, hip-hop and house. They also sell DJ equipment.

Information is taken from Mr. Know-It-All section of the BKK Magazine
Skabyol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:27 pm

hi skabyol! any other new audio/hi-fi destinations in bangkok??

supergirl is going there for a conference on february 16 until the 21st...baka pwede kasi ako magpabili ng mga LPs, hehehe!...not yet sure where they're staying but thousands of delegates across Asia are with them...i'm sure magbababad sa MBK si supergirl, hehehe! mura kasi ang perfume and bags dun...

thanks! :lol:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Skabyol » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:42 pm

Hi Superman,

Iyan lang ang mga alam ko na bilihan ng LPs eh.. Nde kasi ako talaga bumibili ng mga plaka. Ang mga napuntahan ko na ay yung Trio at yung the analog shop. madaming selection at may mga naka sale din sila. Madali lang siya puntahan sakay lang ng underground train (MRT) tapos baba sa Phraram 9 station.

Kung may maitutulong ako kay supergirl...send ka lang ng message.
Bakit nde ka kasama?
regards,
skabyol
Skabyol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Skabyol » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:45 pm

Hi Superman,

Iyan lang ang mga alam ko na bilihan ng LPs eh.. Nde kasi ako talaga bumibili ng mga plaka. Ang mga napuntahan ko na ay yung Trio at yung the analog shop. madaming selection at may mga naka sale din sila. Madali lang siya puntahan sakay lang ng underground train (MRT) tapos baba sa Phraram 9 station.

Bakit nde ka kasama?
regards,
skabyol
Skabyol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Skabyol » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:56 pm

Hi Superman,

Bakit nde ka kasama?
regards,
skabyol
Skabyol
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:07 am

thanks skabyol! :D

di ako kasama...kasi...i'm moving to another company...sigh! dapat kasama ako eh...di bale next time...kaya siya muna ngayon...thanks ha! :lol:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Supergirl » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:42 am

Skabyol wrote:Hi Superman,

Bakit nde ka kasama?
regards,
skabyol

thanks for volunteering to help, skabyol! kindly PM me and superman your contact number...thanks!
Supergirl

Postby Supergirl » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:42 am

Skabyol wrote:Hi Superman,

Bakit nde ka kasama?
regards,
skabyol

thanks for volunteering to help, skabyol! kindly PM me and superman your contact number...thanks!
Supergirl

Bangkok

Postby Mr. Plumber » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:11 pm

:) Hey Skabyol,

Bangkok trip is looking good. Will be there for 9 Days. Will catch up with you this coming Saturday so we can go to Rui Rudi early evening?

The rest of the week is 9to9 though. See you.

:) mp
Mr. Plumber
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Steely Nad » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:42 pm

WS Friends,

Appreciate if you could provide me w/ the latest updates on the places to go to in BKK for audio hunting. My flight's tomorrow and will there for 4 days.

My location :

Sofitel Central Plaza Bangkok
1695 Phaholyothin Road
Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900

Anyone familiar w/ this area and can show me a few directions to BKK's audio mecca area?

Thanks.
Steely Nad

Postby bayonic » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:11 pm

just got back from the big mango ...

for LPs used and new ; go to Fortune Town Shopping Mall .... it's near the Grand Mercure Hotel which is also close to your area ... it's quite convenient to go there via the Bangkok Subway ... exit at Pra Ram 9 station. Skabyol posted the complete addresses a few posts up. Trio is having their Annual Sale ... 50% off on LPs.

for equipment ... try the Siam Paragon Shopping center . i forgot which floor but if you see the Lamborghini and Ferraris , you're there.

for CDs ... try the BS shop at the Central World Plaza.
bayonic
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Octaver » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:24 pm

Don't know where i saw a topic here for the TVC (Transformer Volume Control) I forgot the brand but I believe there is available TVC Thailand made?

Need advise any link or particular store to get this in Thailand. Thanks for the help.
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas