pinoydiophile @ singapore

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

Re: pinoydiophile @ singapore

Postby jack ryan09 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 am

Maraming salamat sa advice Von. Will try to look for the appropriate threads at the same time to reach out sa mga fellow pinoy hobbyist dito sa SG.

I wonder pre, if ok ba na bilhin dyan yung gear? magka-problema kaya sa setup pagbalik ko dito sa SG ?

Regards.

Jovs
jack ryan09
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Malamang, better kung dyan Jovs. Also, since asa Sing ka pala, alam ko marami dyang near mint na TECHNICS SL 1200 MK2 or 3. It wouldn't hurt if you PM or email sina TAS at Hypertriode for their wisdom. If you're into DIY, reach out to Kabubi or Audiostar.

Yung budget kasi is relative to you. Sa ngayon meron nang turntable sa CDR-King na Php 1,000++. Sa Astro, merong Motorino na 5,000++. I started with a TEAC GF 350 at 16K. Tumatakbo pa naman. Kaya lang wala syang sinabi pagdating sa treble at bass ng mga may hiwalay na preamp at speakers. If I were to turn back the clock, I would have visited the shops/homes of the WS masters and legends first. I would have checked out the Nov HiFi Show first before making my first purchase.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby Superman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Hope our SG wiredstate friends re all OK despite the haze...
Superman
Master Showman

Postby corpodrone » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Hello fellow audioheads!
I'm a newbie here in the audiophile world. Sana buhay pa ang thread nato at active pa mga people from SG.

Mga sir hingi po sana ako ng lesson in audiophile 101. At the moment I''ve been researching a lot to have my first 2.0 setup. Been looking into some mission speakers and audiolab 8000a setup. Any advices or recommendation mga sirs for entry level setup?

Planning on using turntable as a source and sometimes digital FLAC files. I'm into a lot of music, so ung plan setup ko sana is hopefully can play and sound good even though it will be different genre.

Thanks in advance!
-miko
corpodrone

Postby choyb » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:32 pm

corpodrone wrote:Hello fellow audioheads!
I'm a newbie here in the audiophile world. Sana buhay pa ang thread nato at active pa mga people from SG.

Mga sir hingi po sana ako ng lesson in audiophile 101. At the moment I''ve been researching a lot to have my first 2.0 setup. Been looking into some mission speakers and audiolab 8000a setup. Any advices or recommendation mga sirs for entry level setup?

Planning on using turntable as a source and sometimes digital FLAC files. I'm into a lot of music, so ung plan setup ko sana is hopefully can play and sound good even though it will be different genre.

Thanks in advance!
-miko

Are you based in Singapore , or Manila?
As it,s not clear in your post where you are based.
Because best & fastest way is to be mentored by an individual or group of individuals, so wherever you are start getting hold of these people
Hth
choyb
Citizen
Citizen

Postby corpodrone » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Singapore base po sir.
corpodrone

Postby luismorizono » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:26 pm

corpodrone wrote:Singapore base po sir.

bro go to Adelphi beside Funan, the place is audio nirvana. you can get a good recommendation from the people there.

happy hunting. :clap:
luismorizono
Citizen
Citizen

Postby georgepogi69 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:48 am

corpodrone wrote:Hello fellow audioheads!

Thanks in advance!
-miko

hi, used to be based in Singapore...try to get in touch with doc sonny or edwin javier, https://www.facebook.com/groups/grupohifi/ , super bait and accomodating ng mga kaibigan kong yan...

george
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby geriboy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:37 am

luismorizono wrote:

bro go to Adelphi beside Funan, the place is audio nirvana. you can get a good recommendation from the people there.

Is this it?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Funan+D ... 291022!3e2

I'm going to Sinagpore this week, I plan to check out some of the audio equipment in Singapore during my short stay.
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pmaligaya » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:30 am

geriboy wrote:
luismorizono wrote:

Is this it?

I'm going to Sinagpore this week, I plan to check out some of the audio equipment in Singapore during my short stay.

Yes, that's the area. Adelphi is across Funan. Here's how it looks like:

pmaligaya
Citizen
Citizen

Postby geriboy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:18 am

Thank you sir pmaligaya!
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby luismorizono » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:05 pm

geriboy wrote:Is this it?

yes that's it, you can drop by directly to Adelphi or you may use the footbridge from Funan. :D
luismorizono
Citizen
Citizen

Postby georgepogi69 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:26 pm

the quickest way to go to funan mall is by using the MRTs...going to Adelphi Mall, take the RED line going to Marina Bay, go down at City Hall station,exit at North Bridge road...its about a 3min walk.....tutal, nandoon ka na rin..for your computer hardwares & etc needs, do try to drop by at Funan Mall instead of going to Sim Lim Square..mas honest ang mga shops sa Funan Mall...

but if you're looking for a brand new Technics SL1200 turntables, authorized distributor there is Hin Huat Ent., http://www.hinhuatdj.com/ look for Philip to give you a better deal...located at the ground floor of Sim Lim Square....matinong kausap ito..malakas lang magsalita but he's a an "Einstein" when it comes to Technics...

just a word of unsolicited advise, medyo high-end ang mga audio shops sa Adelphi Mall.....high-end stores=high-end prices....i'm not so sure lang if prices are lower than Manila....

and if you happen to go on a shopping spree in Singapore for electronic items....dont forget to ask for a GST REFUND, http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/tr ... efund.html ....shops will ask for your passport, then they will do the necessary paperwork...you will claim your GST refund in the form of cash at the airport na before departure....thats still cold hard cash back for your purchases...

hope this helps....
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby geriboy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:01 am

Thanks for the tips, sir george
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby alfa » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:30 pm

geriboy wrote:
luismorizono wrote:

Here's a list of the A/V stores in SimLim http://www.simlimsquare.com.sg/store_li ... nvideo.php

There used to be some headphone stores in Funan, beside Adelphi might be worth you while.

Caution on Adelphi a lot of the stores open late and close early in the evening, time your visit to maximize your time. There's a day of the week also that most of them are closed.
alfa
Citizen
Citizen

Postby edwin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Most of the shops are already open after lunch.
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jaydawg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:07 pm

georgepogi69 wrote:just a word of unsolicited advise, medyo high-end ang mga audio shops sa Adelphi Mall.....high-end stores=high-end prices....i'm not so sure lang if prices are lower than Manila....

I visited Adelphi mall earlier this year and selection is quite good as there are so many AV shops.

For speakers, I think you will get a much better deal in Manila especially if you know where to buy. It's in electronics where Singapore has an edge like AV receivers and projectors.
jaydawg

Previous

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas