pinoydiophile @ singapore

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

Postby rascal101 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:36 pm

Sir Obet,

How do you find the bit88?
rascal101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby narayan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:49 pm

rascal101 wrote:Sir Obet,

How do you find the bit88?

hi mel,

initial impressions are very good :D it enhanced details and created clearer and deeper bass which are to my liking. however, when used as a headphone amp, it seems to be overdriving my akg k55 cans in the bass department:? will have to verify this further using other cans :roll:
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rascal101 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Sir Obet,

Where did you compare? vs SS or tubes?

Mel
rascal101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby narayan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:29 pm

rascal101,

sent you pm.
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby edwin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:26 pm

narayan wrote:
narayan wrote:i would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to edwin for his kindnesss in agreeing to my request to check out for me an audio related item in singapore which i chanced upon in another website.

may your tribe and occasional business here at ws increase :D

finally took delivery last saturday of my BIT 88, a singaporean designed universal sound enhancer, preamp and headphone amp in 1 through the kind and generous efforts of edwin :D the item was even handcarried by edwin's lovely wife, marissa so i saved on delivery expense to pinas. lots of thanks again edwin and also to marissa :) am already enjoying my new toy very much :D

Obet,

It was a pleasure dealing with you and thank you for the compliment. Looking forward of meeting you when I come back for a visit.

Edwin
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Postby narayan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:14 pm

edwin wrote:
Obet,

It was a pleasure dealing with you and thank you for the compliment. Looking forward of meeting you when I come back for a visit.

Edwin

sige bro, i look forward to that as well. just advise me :)
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:16 am

dear WS members in Singapore...

i'll be in singapore from december 15-19, 2006...hope to visit you guys...also help me look for LP and other audio-related shops...thanks! :D
Superman
Master Showman

pinoydiophiles in Singapore

Postby kabubi » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:12 am

Superman wrote:dear WS members in Singapore...
i'll be in singapore from december 15-19, 2006...hope to visit you guys...also help me look for LP and other audio-related shops...thanks! :D

please do not go to Adelphi, Jen. after going to that place, i wanted to set it on fire because i could not afford most of the salacious items on display there. i instantly had a Pavlovian sitmulus when i got there, what with all the items for sale. please do not visit Robert at the basement of Adelphi, a very nice man who is our version of the esteemed Rene Rivo, what with all the vintage items he restores. and please do not visit the different stores that sell LPs, like that Filipina named Jenny at a shop named Retrospect.

please do not go to Sim Ling Square and find all the latest elctronic gadgets on display, not to mention RSM's source of tubes, interconnects, and yes, drivers.

please do not get in touch with these guys named Edwin and Ronnie who will take pains (even with gout :lol:) to take you around the Lion City and because of their warmth and hospitality, make you feel proud to be a Pinoy.

please...

k
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Re: pinoydiophiles in Singapore

Postby zetroce » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:19 am

kabubi wrote:

please do not go to Adelphi, Jen. after going to that place, i wanted to set it on fire because i could not afford most of the salacious items on display there. i instantly had a Pavlovian sitmulus when i got there, what with all the items for sale. please do not visit Robert at the basement of Adelphi, a very nice man who is our version of the esteemed Rene Rivo, what with all the vintage items he restores. and please do not visit the different stores that sell LPs, like that Filipina named Jenny at a shop named Retrospect.

please do not go to Sim Ling Square and find all the latest elctronic gadgets on display, not to mention RSM's source of tubes, interconnects, and yes, drivers.

please do not get in touch with these guys named Edwin and Ronnie who will take pains (even with gout :lol:) to take you around the Lion City and because of their warmth and hospitality, make you feel proud to be a Pinoy.

please...

k

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:03 am

kabubi wrote:

please...

k

and never ever try the authentic chili crabs
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Superman » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:06 pm

sir VD, i won;t be able to try that out...may allergy ako (lethal) sa crabs! :D :D :D

Singapore boyz, sent you all PMs, thanks! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Superman » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:07 pm

kabubi wrote:

please...

k

kabubs, naku i got go signal pa naman from supergirl na pumunta sa adelphi and sim lim square, sigh! sige na nga hehehehe! :D :D :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby dogears » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:17 pm

Superman wrote:kabubs, naku i got go signal pa naman from supergirl na pumunta sa adelphi and sim lim square, sigh! sige na nga hehehehe! :D :D :D

mag-ingat sa mga mandurugas! :wink:
dogears
Master
Master

Postby kabubi » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:49 pm

Superman wrote:kabubs, naku i got go signal pa naman from supergirl na pumunta sa adelphi and sim lim square, sigh! sige na nga hehehehe! :D :D :D

it's at Sim Lim where rsm2A3 buys his cables.
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby dogears » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:56 pm

kabubi wrote:

it's at Sim Lim where rsm2A3 buys his cables.

Ok. Better tell Superman which shops to go :)
dogears
Master
Master

Postby narayan » Mon May 14, 2007 10:42 pm

I would like to sincerely thank edwin for taking time to check out, advise me and help carry the Technics SL1210mk2 which i got from a singaporean audiophile and also to audition budget cd players at adephi.

thanks also to ronnie for accompanying me to get some pabilis from fellow WS guys for their technics and the nice dinner :D
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby edwin » Tue May 15, 2007 7:34 am

narayan wrote:I would like to sincerely thank edwin for taking time to check out, advise me and help carry the Technics SL1210mk2 which i got from a singaporean audiophile and also to audition budget cd players at adephi.

thanks also to ronnie for accompanying me to get some pabilis from fellow WS guys for their technics and the nice dinner :D

YOUR WELCOME! It's nice meeting you and giving me advice on turntables. Bisita ako sa'yo paguwi ko sa June.
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zetroce » Tue May 15, 2007 7:37 am

edwin wrote:
narayan wrote:I would like to sincerely thank edwin for taking time to check out, advise me and help carry the Technics SL1210mk2 which i got from a singaporean audiophile and also to audition budget cd players at adephi.

YOUR WELCOME! It's nice meeting you and giving me advice on turntables. Bisita ako sa'yo paguwi ko sa June.

Tuhugin mo na Edwin, tatlo pwede mong bisitahin dito sa area namin sa isang araw!!! :D
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby edwin » Tue May 15, 2007 8:20 am

zetroce wrote:
edwin wrote:

Tuhugin mo na Edwin, tatlo pwede mong bisitahin dito sa area namin sa isang araw!!! :D

Pabisita rin sa place mo Dong, pwede ba? Sino pa ba ang isa sa area nyo?
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zetroce » Tue May 15, 2007 8:23 am

Walang problema. Sabihin mo lang kung kailan ka nandito. Sa kabilang ibayo si Chito Gayos - Quarterback!! :) 5 minutes away lang.
zetroce
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas