pinoydiophile @ singapore

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

pinoydiophile @ singapore

Postby bridgebolt » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:29 pm

pinoydiophile @ singapore,

well i just want to share my audio experience in edwins place @ woodlands singapore. he is using sonogy amp, sonic frontier pre amp, sonus minima fm2 speaker, and china made consonance with tube output cd player.
well based on my experince (even though i have no rights to gave any comments cause im still new in audiophile stuff) and the 2 singaporean auditioning edwins china made cd player, they find the cd player fast and accurate. i myself ammazed when they played sting song with zippo lighter on the background( i dont know the title) wow i never heared music that so detailed. imaging and soundstage was there. it just like you can see the singer standing in front of you. voice comes from less than 1 meter from the height of the speaker.. amazing.. edwin instantly became my guru.. i take my chances asking too manny question to help me in my long journey to absolute nirvana...hehehe.

i hope this is start of new beggining for all singapore based pinoydiophile to share and reach out for others.
bridgebolt
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rsm2a3 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:42 pm

to all WS members here in SG

pls sign on and let us know your contact, location and availability day/time, so we can sched sessions/get together.

i'll start.

1. rsm2a3 - 97534300; west coast area, available weekdays after office (except weds/thurs, american idol), sat afternoon (naglalaba sa umaga), sunday NO (araw ng plantsa).
rsm2a3
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:46 pm

ronnie, nani is also from singapore. he"s getting the Tono preamp and Tono 300b combo...

his number is 65 904 95254
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby toobs » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:08 am

Hi,

I was able to visit rsm2a3 home last Monday night when I was at Singapore for my training. I was very impressed when he showed me his first DIY 45 SE amp. Not only did it sound good but the quality of assembly is first rate.

Thanks rsm2a3 for the very warm welcome!!!!

regards
ed "toobs"
toobs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rsm2a3 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:22 am

toobs wrote: I was very impressed when he showed me his first DIY 45 SE amp. Not only did it sound good but the quality of assembly is first rate.

thanks ed..it took me almost six months to complete all the parts, and a week to assemble it. Tango OPT and Choke, James Main Trans, Kiwane resistors, BG bypass caps, Solen, Elna and Nichicon PS caps, CopperFoil coupling, Vishay cathode resistor TKD pots and kimber internal wiring.
It was originally 2A3, until recently when i got my 45 tubes. It was my first DIY amp, and experienced common newbie problems, like one channel no-sound, hum is audible even at your listening chair, different voltage readings for L and R channel. But now im very happy with it, everything is fixed..even the hum is now down to 1.5mv..can't even hear with my 96db spkr.
rsm2a3
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dogears » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:07 pm

I used to work there in SG. Diyan din nagsimulang mapondohan ang bisyo ko sa audio, photography at astronomy. At diyan din ako nabiktima ng bose. Mwehehehe.

Regards to all of you.

Mabuhay ang manggagawang pinoy :)

Account number ko baka gusto ninyong kunin... wala na akong pondo sa bisyo ko eh :lol:
dogears
Master
Master

Postby edwin » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:38 pm

My address:
Blk 357 Woodlands Ave. 5 #11-388
Contact #:

I just went to Nani's place at Bukit Timah around 3 days ago and it was there that I was able to listen to the Stromberg vintage amp that he got from VD. I was really amazed on how it ditch the Puccine SE. The only strength of the Puccini was the acoustic ambience, but the Stromberg's low to high frequency, imaging and soundstaging definitely cannot be match by the Puccini. The Stromberg 12 watts was also able to drive the Quad 12L with enough authority.

Tonight, it was Nani who drop by my place after we were not able to get the REL he was eyeing. He cannot beleive where the bass was coming from my MINIMA FM2.

Other guys here in Singapore are Billy Florentino (Admiralty), Mark aka Kram (Yishun), and Jhun (Yishun).
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bridgebolt » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:58 pm

mga sir pabisita naman uli sa mga audio chapel nyo. taga toa payoh lng ako
here my no +6593628245
bridgebolt
Citizen
Citizen

Postby narayan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:16 pm

i would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to edwin for his kindnesss in agreeing to my request to check out for me an audio related item in singapore which i chanced upon in another website.

may your tribe and occasional business here at ws increase :D
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mozilla » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:08 am

I'll be in KL & Singapore the whole of next week. Hope I can squeeze time for some audio related side trips.
mozilla

Postby ichabod » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:13 am

Grant one thing you must not fail to do. Listen to Jo Ki's! Does he know you're coming. Give our best to him. He's got a marantz 8B, savor it for all that "difference" you can hear!?

Have a nice trip!
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby RU9 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:23 am

mozilla wrote:I'll be in KL & Singapore the whole of next week. Hope I can squeeze time for some audio related side trips.

Moz,

Maybe you can get some Monica DACs from Yeo and sell it here.

Louie
RU9
Citizen
Citizen

Postby mozilla » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:36 am

James, Louie,

Hope to do all this. My sked is filled to the brim!
mozilla

Postby ichabod » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:44 am

Good! You need to renew your love for the LS 3/5A man!

Enjoy!
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mozilla » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:45 am

ichabod wrote:Good! You need to renew your love for the LS 3/5A man!

Enjoy!

Hahahah!
mozilla

Postby ichabod » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:53 am

Bai let's see if you can still be moved by the set-up of Jo Ki after all we did to our LS 3/5As? And besides you're now a Quad guy aren't you?

I remember Paul Whatton saying that his jaw dropped when he heard Ki's set-up! Vocals just appeared out of thin air, whether in the flesh or out of the flesh he did not elaborate!
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:47 pm

i will be in singapore week of 3/11...

edwin/ronnie, you have time to meet awhile? would you guys have nani's number?

things to hunt - LPs, NOS tubes, a technics TT (saw a few at sim lim), iPod accessories...other best buys...

:wink:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sinar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:16 pm

francis, if you want lps, the best to go is the HK hi fi show this coming august. price are cheaper compared to regular store prices.
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby edwin » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:30 pm

vintage_dog wrote:i will be in singapore week of 3/11...

edwin/ronnie, you have time to meet awhile? would you guys have nani's number?

things to hunt - LPs, NOS tubes, a technics TT (saw a few at sim lim), iPod accessories...other best buys...

:wink:

VD,

I'll be working on that day :cry: and only be out of the office by 8pm.

Nani came back to Pinas already late last year. It was a good audio journey for him until he got the system he liked. His set-up the time he went back was Consonance ref 2.2 cd player and pre-amp, Plinius SA100 Mk2, Electa Amator w/ adjustable stands, PS Audio speaker cable, and transparent cable interconnects, my DIY powercords and PS Audio ultimate outlet.

Let me know if you are specifically interested in a particular item. Maybe I could make arrangements so that you could just get it at your convinience by the time you arrive.

Edwin
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Postby narayan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:05 pm

narayan wrote:i would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to edwin for his kindnesss in agreeing to my request to check out for me an audio related item in singapore which i chanced upon in another website.

may your tribe and occasional business here at ws increase :D

finally took delivery last saturday of my BIT 88, a singaporean designed universal sound enhancer, preamp and headphone amp in 1 through the kind and generous efforts of edwin :D the item was even handcarried by edwin's lovely wife, marissa so i saved on delivery expense to pinas. lots of thanks again edwin and also to marissa :) am already enjoying my new toy very much :D
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas