record stores in paris

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

record stores in paris

Postby jonas » Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Any recommended LP stores from our more well -travelled members? Thanks in advance
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Re: record stores in paris

Postby Mamimili » Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 am

jonas wrote:Any recommended LP stores from our more well -travelled members? Thanks in advance

Good Luck, i have never been too keen on French music tastes!
The only shop i have ever purchased from is near St Michel's fountain, sorry i cannot remember the exact rue but within a few blocks, the left bank area is worth visiting so no loss if you cannot find the shop!

A few more listed here http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=vinyl_r ... _loc=Paris

If you are there this weekend and into F1, walk down the street to the right of the fountain (Rue Danton) and the 1st or 2nd cafe on the left shows F1 live with a good crowd.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby O.D. Yeo » Fri May 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Mamimili wrote:If you are there this weekend and into F1, walk down the street to the right of the fountain (Rue Danton) and the 1st or 2nd cafe on the left shows F1 live with a good crowd.

Or take a 5-hour train ride to Monaco to 'hear' the Grand Prix, if you are coming later in the month. If you're lucky, you might even get close enough to see the races.
O.D. Yeo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jonas » Sat May 11, 2013 1:29 am

Mamimili wrote:
jonas wrote:Any recommended LP stores from our more well -travelled members? Thanks in advance

Good Luck, i have never been too keen on French music tastes!
The only shop i have ever purchased from is near St Michel's fountain, sorry i cannot remember the exact rue but within a few blocks, the left bank area is worth visiting so no loss if you cannot find the shop!

Went to a few record stores near the bastille. A lot of house and trance and other types of music im not familiar with. A little 60s and 70s. We have better choices in manila hehe.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby doasmarx » Sat May 11, 2013 11:19 am

jonas wrote:
Went to a few record stores near the bastille. A lot of house and trance and other types of music im not familiar with. A little 60s and 70s. We have better choices in manila hehe.

i fully agree on this one. Forget Paris as i've been to Crocodisc, Exotica and many others i can't recall as i always end up DISAPPOINTED :( :( . if you are in a hunting mood for LPs in Schengen States there are only 2 countries(or states) that stands out for me--Germany and Switzerland(medyo mahal lang dito). And since you are already in Paris(and you have the time) please do yourself a favor and head Gare Du Nord station and buy a ticket going to any mega cities of Germany (nearest to Paris) which i think are Bonn, Frankfurt and Stuttgard. dyan sa mga yan madami ginto na plaka :D :D :D :D

BTW i think the Virgin Megastore along Champs Elysees (and all other Virgin Records stores) are about to close. i am pretty sure they are offering most of their stocks at a big big discount so i think it is worth a visit.
Last edited by doasmarx on Sat May 11, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doasmarx
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Mamimili » Sat May 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Yes, agree, Paris and the rest of France is a waste of time for vinyl.

Amsterdam is very good for vinyl lovers of all genres....

If in the UK, go to Cardiff with an empty credit card
Mamimili
Master
Master

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas