Audio a la Suisse!

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

Audio a la Suisse!

Postby rtsyrtsy » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:37 pm

I've been putting off exercising due to the cold:

But I finally decided to get my heavy butt off my couch and jogged around the old city this morning. Guess what, I was well rewarded. Look at the stuff I found

Please accept my apologies for 2 things. First, I only used my phone for these photos so they aren't as nice as I like. Second, I wasn't able to note the prices nor addresses of the stores as my hands were already numb from just taking the photos.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy these:

For the digital lovers...
That fat ghost in a ghastly green jacket is yours truly. :D

From the Italian border:

Two to keep me warm...

And now we take away colonial mentality and go for something local...boy these are lovely!

And heavens, please prevent me from getting one of these...they are so darn cute!

I did see a vinyl shop and some turntables (Dual) but they were inside the closed stores and my phone can't take pictures of it.

Hope you liked these, tatlong oras akong tumakbo paikout-ikot sa city center para makuha yang mga litratong yan! :D[/img]
rtsyrtsy

Postby mozilla » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:16 am

Nice initial report from our Pinoydiophile Swiss bureau chief!

Those tuners look just like vintage KLH's!

Keem 'em coming Russ.
mozilla

Postby red76 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:39 am

mozilla wrote:Nice initial report from our Pinoydiophile Swiss bureau chief!

Those tuners look just like vintage KLH's!

Keem 'em coming Russ.

They look like vintage KLH coz they were also designed by the late Henry Kloss. I thinke they're called "Tivoli".

Some familiar gear pictured by Russ:

Audio Aero, YBA, Nagra, Zingali, and what looks like Avreavox and GW Labs look-alike tube amps.

red76
red76
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rtsyrtsy » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:00 pm

This one is a CEC transport:

I think this one was a Cayin amp:

Yes, those cute little boxes are the Henry Kloss designed Tivoli radios. They were about CHF270 or a tad over PhP10k. Anyone there want one? For me, these make excellent office or kitchen systems. The one that stands upright with an antenna at the top center is actually a portable that comes with a retro leather carrying case. Uber kewl.

As you all may very well know, Europe is one huge art center with highly intellectual and emotionally moving pieces just literally laying around the corner. Thus far, this sculpture is my favorite:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay cool, folks, while I here work hard to keep warm. 8)
rtsyrtsy

Postby botching » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:21 pm

Really nice pictures of european beauties ! But as you may know, I think the likes of me, audio_tyro, arnoldc and i'm sure majority of the members will be very much "excited" if you will show some "real swiss beauties" preferably those which can be revealing at the top and fat at the bottom! he..he..he..
Last edited by botching on Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
botching
Citizen
Citizen

Postby audiobuds » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:13 pm

Botching wrote:

i'm sure majority of the members will be very much "excited" if you will show some "real swiss beauties" preferably which can be revealing at the top and fat at the bottom! he..he..he..

Kabayan,

I believe 300B can serve both purpose to keep Russell warm and conceptualise our imagination :lol: :lol: :lol:
audiobuds
Citizen
Citizen

Postby botching » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:37 pm

Happy New Year to all you folks in Hongkong !

Audiobuds, it just might be the cold winter here that led my fertile mind to wander elsewhere :)
botching
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rtsyrtsy » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:49 pm

botching wrote:Really nice pictures of european beauties ! But as you may know, I think the likes of me, audio_tyro, arnoldc and i'm sure majority of the members will be very much "excited" if you will show some "real swiss beauties" preferably those which can be revealing at the top and fat at the bottom! he..he..he..

Sorry, man. But at this time of the year, it's hard to tell the shape of the beauties underneath all that sweaters and coats. I mean, I'd actually have to get into someone's home and witness her sans the winter clothes but I'm afraid that skill isn't up my sleeve.

Anyone of hte Pinoydiophile kuyas care to share tips? :D
rtsyrtsy

Postby audiobuds » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:35 am

Botching wrote:

Happy New Year to all you folks in Hongkong !

Audiobuds, it just might be the cold winter here that led my fertile mind to wander elsewhere

Happy New Year!

Actually, we have 2 new year to celebrate here (another one is chinese new year).

rtsyrtsy wrote:

Anyone of hte Pinoydiophile kuyas care to share tips?

Right Russ!

We can only imagine two things underneath those heavy clothing:
1. 300B tubes
2. Coke
But wait, coke could be misleading since there are also coke in cans :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got some suggestions - try to go to indoor swimming pool. But be extra careful they might confiscate your camera.
audiobuds
Citizen
Citizen

Postby red76 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:27 pm

I think this one was a Cayin amp:

Cayin (China OEM) are quite popular in Europe for budget tube amps using high quality parts. I'm quite sure the black EL34 tube amp is another China OEM that I've seen before...

Don't forget to hit the nude beaches this coming spring and summer :wink:
red76
Citizen
Citizen

Postby botching » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:49 pm

Or while jogging, and happen to pass some “districts ” where there are “ladies in waiting” on display, you can take quick snapshots.
Remember Rtsyrtsy, only snapshots, don’t ever, ever mingle with these “ladies in waiting” and be seduced by the “Real Dark Side of The Force” ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the other hand, those "saber" (sithlord weapon) will come handy when you feel threatened by them ladies.
Never hesitate to use them in close combat :D :D :D
botching
Citizen
Citizen

Postby audiobuds » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:56 pm

red76 wrote:

Cayin (China OEM) are quite popular in Europe for budget tube amps using high quality parts. I'm quite sure the black EL34 tube amp is another China OEM that I've seen before...

A - 88T (in Europe) or MT88 version in Asia garnered some awards in Europe. This is an integrated amp sporting KT88 or 6550 tubes. Another killer is Cayin 9085D monoblock using 805 power tube with 300B drivers. I think this mono is enough to keep you warm during winter even without heater.

please refer to this site: http://www.cayin.com (but all in German) :?
audiobuds
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas