How about LP/CD stores in Bahrain...

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

How about LP/CD stores in Bahrain...

Postby 99khan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:50 pm

My brother worked in Kuwait for many years until the late Saddam Hussein invaded that country in the early 90s and Desert Storm booted the invaders out. During his stay, he was able to purchase many good Bluenote, ECM and other labels, mostly European print (Germany, France). I am not sure if records or cds, for that matter, are still in circulation there.

However, does anyone know if there are any places in the Kingdom of BAHRAIN where one can purchase LPs and/or CDs? Jazz specifically (but not limited to), either new or pre-owned.

Thanks in advance.
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:09 am

The DFS shops are the places to look. Decent selection of CDs before but nothing really fancy. Haven't swung by there since the late 90's though. Things have surely changed. Ewan ko lang kung for better or worse.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby 99khan » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:48 am

Ok. I shall pass on the info to my other bro who is there in Bahrain. He's an OFW since the late 80s and my God, he hasn't found a decent shop that sells CDs and/or LPs. But then again, I guess he stopped looking many years back. Maybe if he has the time to travel to neighbouring middle east countries and search for them, he will find them. Sad to say though, he doesn't have the luxury of time. Puro trabaho lang!!!

Thanks
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas