Any Great Audio Stores in Singapore?

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

Any Great Audio Stores in Singapore?

Postby Patman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi,

Im sure there are but this is my first trip to Singapore (can you believe?!) :oops:

Please let me know what places to go to get good value for valve amps, accessories, and new/used records. I'll be here for a couple of days.

I would love to also meet up with fellow WS members in Singapore but my schedule is quite hectic. Im currently staying at the M Hotel in 81 Anson Road so let me know if I am near any good audio stores. :)

thanks much for your assistance.

Pat
Patman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby crisdlr » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:42 pm

There's only one place to go in Singapore, lahat anduon na. Its called the Adelphi Building. Just tell the taxi driver the building's name and you're there.
crisdlr
Citizen
Citizen

Postby nad_obed » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:12 pm

Heto isa brod....di ka na lalayo sa hotel mo...walking distance.
Corner between Enggor St. and Tanjong Pagar Road.

Modular Audio is at 165 Tanjong Pagar Road
#02-12 Amara Shopping Centre (Amara Hotel)

Pero kung you really want to test your credit card or wallet, Adelphi is the way to go. Just tell the cab driver sa Adelphi ka in front of Funan.
nad_obed
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Patman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:38 pm

nad_obed and crisdlr - Thank you for the quick response. Okay. I will check them out tomorrow and Tuesday.

Maybe just a record or two (little voice inside my head saying: Yeah Right!). :twisted:
Patman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:51 am

Bisitahin mo si JR sa Adelphi... at si Cecil sa Audionote Singapore (same place). Di ko sasabihin sa iyo san murang mga plaka :twisted:

Incidentally, I'll be at M Hotel too on the 22nd (Jan).

Bisitahin mo si Mang. Martin (Martin Electronics) sa Bencoolen Street, Burlington Building G/F kung mahilig ka mag DIY.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Re: Any Great Audio Stores in Singapore?

Postby egay » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:16 am

Patman wrote:Hi,

Im sure there are but this is my first trip to Singapore (can you believe?!) :oops:

Please let me know what places to go to get good value for valve amps, accessories, and new/used records. I'll be here for a couple of days.

I would love to also meet up with fellow WS members in Singapore but my schedule is quite hectic. Im currently staying at the M Hotel in 81 Anson Road so let me know if I am near any good audio stores. :)

Pat

you can add this to your schedule, but am not sure if this is walking distance - PLAZA SINGAPURA- there are several shops there and one that has wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling VINYLS :shock: kaya lang not for sale.

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Any Great Audio Stores in Singapore?

Postby edwin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:55 am

Patman wrote:Hi,

Pat

All the items you are asking for could be found at The Adelphi. It is situated at the City Hall MRT.

For tubes and DIY parts, you could visit Well Audio and Martin Electronics at Burlington Square, just beside Sim Lim Square.

Another place to go is at the Bikit Timah Plaza. It has 2 or 3 audio shops there, if just happen you are in that area.

Happy hunting :D .
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas