Audiophile Must Visits in Bangkok

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

Audiophile Must Visits in Bangkok

Postby rtsyrtsy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:09 pm

Hello from the hot sands of Dubai.

A colleague of mine who was recently afflicted with audiophilia will be visiting Bangkok this week.

Can you please share with me the places where he can visit for audio shopping (both software and gear).

Thanks in advance!
rtsyrtsy

Postby DCO » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:18 pm

Try Indra mall and MBK but mostly sold cd's!
:)
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby troporobo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:20 pm

There is an upscale shopping center diagonally across the intersection from MBK and across the street from the world trade center, can't remember the name, that has a couple of high end shops that sell both hardware and software. Worth a visit for sure

However, I would spend my time listening to the jazz combos at the Bamboo Bar at the Oriental Hotel, after buying a Cuban cigar in the lobby and ordering a cognac or three!
troporobo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bayonic » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:05 am

for analog software , check out the Fortune Town Shopping Center .... right above the Pra Ram 9 subway station.
bayonic
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby weng2x » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:58 am

the one accross the world trade center is the HIFI SQUARE. its right behind Big C. the bldg is on the left side if you're facing Big C. dami hi-ends pero di pa puno ng shops ang bldg.

the one near MBK is the PARAGON mall. the hi-end audio shops are located on the 3rd floor (i guess or 4th). they are along side with the hi-end car dealers like maserati, ferrari, jaguar and the likes. puro hi-end ang mga audio displays.
weng2x

Postby zenaudio » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:15 pm

weng2x wrote:the one accross the world trade center is the HIFI SQUARE. its right behind Big C. the bldg is on the left side if you're facing Big C. dami hi-ends pero di pa puno ng shops ang bldg.

I would also suggest this area. I think you are referring to the building beside the Grand Hyatt Erawan. A number of hifi shops on the 2nd floor.

The Siam Center near MBK used to have hi end shops as well, not sure if they are still there...
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby yucca » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:15 pm

Check out this website: http://www.sacthailand.com/. He might find something here that will interest him before proceeding.[/url]
yucca
Citizen
Citizen

Postby weng2x » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:22 am

zenaudio wrote:
weng2x wrote:the one accross the world trade center is the HIFI SQUARE. its right behind Big C. the bldg is on the left side if you're facing Big C. dami hi-ends pero di pa puno ng shops ang bldg.

I would also suggest this area. I think you are referring to the building beside the Grand Hyatt Erawan. A number of hifi shops on the 2nd floor.

The Siam Center near MBK used to have hi end shops as well, not sure if they are still there...

no, the grand hyatt erawan is on the opposite side (near the BTS station). the HIFI Square is just behind Big C, on the pratunam side. it's like a small phantip plaza but only sells audio/video gears.
weng2x

Re: Audiophile Must Visits in Bangkok

Postby alfa » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:08 am

Just to update the thread

In Siam paragon mall,
the 3rd or 4th floor there are some audio shops. The different stores sell Cambridge, mcintosh, sonus, peachtree, wadia, Bose and other items. There's a bose, Sony, pioneer, B&O showroom.
For headphones and small electronics stuff try the electronics section of the department store in Siam paragon

MBK
Didn't see any must have missed it

Centara mall
There are 2-3 stores selling NAD, Denon, Cambridge audio and other mainstream items

Amarin Plaza
Still has about 8-10 audiophile stores scattered in the building. I saw electrocompaniet, rega and other high-end brands

Post is correct as of May 28, 2012
alfa
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas