Any Wiredstate Members in Dubai???

a forum for Pinoydiophiles living outside the Philippines...

Moderator: botching

Any Wiredstate Members in Dubai???

Postby ears » Wed May 09, 2007 4:26 pm

Are there any Wiredstate members based here in Dubai??? Want to get in touch with any memeber here so that I can get some leads on where to go for audio equipment while I am here. Thanks.
ears
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Any Wiredstate Members in Dubai???

Postby Killer Mike » Wed May 09, 2007 4:43 pm

ears wrote:Are there any Wiredstate members based here in Dubai??? Want to get in touch with any memeber here so that I can get some leads on where to go for audio equipment while I am here. Thanks.

What are you doing there? :shock:
Killer Mike
Legend
Legend

Postby rtsyrtsy » Wed May 09, 2007 9:09 pm

ears,

i'm based in dubai. i work out of the dubai internet city freezone.

frankly, i'm not a big fan of the selection, pricing, and after-sales service of everything in dubai. don't even get me started on audiophile gear. in fact, i'd only go to the audio shops here if i want to get stressed.

the local conrad johnson dealer took 6 weeks to convert my amp from 110v to 220v operation! they charged me an arm and a leg too.

the prices of cd's at virgin is out of this world. it's cheaper for me to order online from the u.s. and use overnight shipping.

maybe i'm just unlucky. or i've not tried hard enough.

but in 2.5 years here, i think dubai is an audiophile desert.
rtsyrtsy

Postby ears » Wed May 09, 2007 10:42 pm

Killer Mike wrote:
ears wrote:Are there any Wiredstate members based here in Dubai??? Want to get in touch with any memeber here so that I can get some leads on where to go for audio equipment while I am here. Thanks.

Going to be here for about 6 months here as a vp for one of the multi branded food chains. Will see how it goes.
ears
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ears » Wed May 09, 2007 10:46 pm

rtsyrtsy,

Sayang I thought that I would be able to make some great buys on 2nd hand audio equipment. Guess I may have to have some of my own stuff shipped over. Let's hook up one of these days once I get settled in. Thanks.

Ears (Tim)
ears
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Killer Mike » Wed May 09, 2007 11:12 pm

ears wrote:
Killer Mike wrote:

Going to be here for about 6 months here as a vp for one of the multi branded food chains. Will see how it goes.

Goodluck, Tim. :)
Killer Mike
Legend
Legend

Postby rtsyrtsy » Thu May 10, 2007 11:25 am

Hi Tim / Ears,

There used to be an outfit called Emirates Audio, htey used to distribute Pagode. I had decent service from them (though I didn't buy from him) but he seems to have disappeared.

Archimedia does B&W and Rotel.

VV & Sons does Marantz, NAD, Infinity, and McIntosh.

Dubai Audio Center does Linn, Naim, REL, CJ (doesn't stock them though).

The Sonus Faber dealer is quite near my home though I've not visited.

You'll see used Dynaudios or Sunfires on the classifieds once in a blue moon. I've spotted one Audio Note DAC 3.1x Balanced on Audiogon.

That's about it in 2.5 years here. :D

Will you be based in Jebel Ali? That's not too far from me.
rtsyrtsy

Postby abiedoodles » Fri May 11, 2007 5:40 pm

HI! ive just seen rtsyrtsy new living voice auditorium floorstander speaker in the other thread.... wow ganda! kelan kya ako makarinig ganyan....

Been visited dubai a year back with my family to visit my sister and planning to comeback myself ganda kasi ng dubai, this time ill visit some audio store that rtsyrtsy posted above.
abiedoodles
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ears » Sat May 12, 2007 7:51 pm

Killer MIke,

Thanks need all the luck I can get with the people here.

rtsyrtsy,

I am trying to move to the quosais area still stuck in a hotel in sharjah for now. My number here is 050-356-1707. What's yours?
ears
Citizen
Citizen

Postby leocruz » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:15 am

Hi sir Ears,
Nice to be here in Dubai,kailan lang din ako member registered dito sa wiredstate pero madalang na rin ako makapag open medyo busy good you been here welcome sir.Twelve years na rin ako dito sir sa Dubai 6 years ago na hook ako di sa drugs ha sa videophile palit palit ng gears sa Home theatre then i stopped iba pa rin talaga sir yung pure audio pag dating sa stereo.My current set up is Classe Audio Dr5 preamp &Rotel rb990bx poweramp &my speakers is Dynaudio audience 50 bookshelf source Cd transport Denon Super audio cd+dac Kinergetics research.Ang daming beses ko na rin magpalit ng unit dito ko lang naranasan sa dubai na never kong nagawa sa pinas hheehhe.Now maybe im planning to release my previous set up Chinese Tube preamp Xiang sheng 728a with Arcam Alpha8p poweramp plus Hafler iris cd player& Linn k20 speaker cable included any interested just let me know...By the way na kausap ko na rin by phone si Rtsyrtsy Russle he is true Audiophile mabigat ang unit ng tao na yan di pa rin kami nag kita ng mga yan anyhow sir this my contact number dubai du 0552123579...
Best Regards,
Leo
leocruz

Return to Pinoydiophiles@Overseas