Bogens Galore!

Eico, Fisher, Bogen, Magnavox, Scott, Heathkit, Sherwood, etc...

Postby Tubedude » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:49 pm

Did some reading on the late 1950’s Bogen DB130 mono amp this afternoon. The 6AV5 output tubes used are the same as in McIntosh’s MI-200. That Mc is on the top of my wanted list! Joe has talked about some of Bogen’s 1950’s vintage PA line amps. I have a pair of Acrosound 6L6 transformers that would work well with this tube. Looks very interesting.
Grant the Quad 988’s are a bid much for the Bogen’s sorry to say. I use a Citation V or MC-225 with them.
YES! James, I wish we were able to visit this Christmas. Missing our family and friends in Cebu. We get very little snow in the Seattle area. However the nearby mountains are getting buried!
Merry Christmas to you all!
Tubedude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ichabod » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:41 am

Yup, nice to hear and know it's merry xmas and all that snow. I guess it wouldn't be so xmas witout the snow there. For us here it's the belen, xmas decor, food, shopping, seing friends and exchanging gifts, but don't know where some of the spirit went, "tghe peace on earth and goodwill to men," should be rewritten as "peace on earth towards men of goodwill."

Yes, Joe Rosen indeed praised Bogens. As I recall, he refered to the MO series, the 100, and 200 monos. Also the challenger series, one of which is that "little amp" you heard back here.

Hope to see you in the summer, when it's not gone yet as the song goes. Merry Xmas to you and family, and all those who love vintage amps and ss amps, and speakers like the Quad, LS 3/5A, and yes whatever signature sound one drools over in this never-ending always intriguing hobby we all are always thinking and searching about, yet never getting passed it. So many amps to listen to and collect?
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ichabod » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:03 am

Dan, Oscar came to my office. Thanks for the literature from Vacuum Tube Valley on those vintage speakers. My A 25s Dynaco have a very nice report there from their listening sessions. These speakers are my favorite specially for classical music like I can live with them for the rest of my life.
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Bogens Galore!

Postby tony » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:37 am

a neighbor asks me to have a look....Bogen AC220 Challenger...this is a 110volt unt coming from the States....
brought in from a balik-bayan classmate on vacation here for a few months....

tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Bogens Galore!

Postby kimberrydi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:59 pm

I know a lot of them. I try to read as many as possible. In order to keep the knowledge.
kimberrydi

Previous

Return to VINTAGE GEAR