vintage ss gears

Eico, Fisher, Bogen, Magnavox, Scott, Heathkit, Sherwood, etc...

Re: vintage ss gears

Postby georgepogi69 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 am

confirmed treasure hunters on the next expedition;
1.George - pasimuno ng expedition....
2.Robert - silent hunter
3.Bob (bobt) - the original hunter, good thing walang biyahe next week...raring to go..
4.Harvey - another silent hunter
5.Elvin - sleepless in choa chu kang....i stand corrected
6.Doc sonny - the real Indiana Jones...
7.Narayan - you're most welcome to join us... :)

narayan wrote:
georgepogi69 wrote:

Hi kabayans, pwede maging pang No. 7? we will be visiting our daughter there and looks like may panahon ako makapag explore. thanks in advance :)

hi narayan, as requested, you're "robert jaworski"...#7... :lol: :lol:

jbl4311 wrote:
georgepogi69 wrote:

Sana nga makapag uwi tayo ng gold bars sa wed. Magsimula na tayong mag exercise, ilang kilo b yung luxman?

doc sonny the luxman M6000 is exactly 52kg...isang sako ng bigas....di bale, me kotse si bob...but just the same, maraming magbubuhat... :D :lol: ...
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby georgepogi69 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:49 am

kabubi wrote:Horns!
pls reserve.

(anong model ito, Georgie?)
georgepogi69 wrote:ito appetizer muna...

buboy, the horn is altec 811B, the driver is JBL 2426....ayaw pa magbigay ng presyo nung "uncle"....

kalantog wrote:Image

Sir, is that a Sansui reciever ? The one with rainbow lights? The control panel makes me think it is.

Sansui RA-500 spring reverb, please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Bong[/quote]

bong, you are very much correct...its a Sansui Ra-500 reverb.... http://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/san/RA500.html
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby narayan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:57 pm

georgepogi69 wrote:confirmed treasure hunters on the next expedition;
1.George - pasimuno ng expedition....
2.Robert - silent hunter
3.Bob (bobt) - the original hunter, good thing walang biyahe next week...raring to go..
7.Narayan - you're most welcome to join us... :)

narayan wrote:
georgepogi69 wrote:

Hi kabayans, pwede maging pang No. 7? we will be visiting our daughter there and looks like may panahon ako makapag explore. thanks in advance :)

hi narayan, as requested, you're "robert jaworski"...#7... :lol: :lol:

jbl4311 wrote:
georgepogi69 wrote:

Sana nga makapag uwi tayo ng gold bars sa wed. Magsimula na tayong mag exercise, ilang kilo b yung luxman?

doc sonny the luxman M6000 is exactly 52kg...isang sako ng bigas....di bale, me kotse si bob...but just the same, maraming magbubuhat... :D :lol: ...

Thanks a lot bro. Paki pm naman contact details mo. I have edwin's number only. Salamat ng marami :D
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby georgepogi69 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:36 pm

UPdate lang;

1.George - pasimuno ng expedition, head chronicler ala Pigafetta....
2.Robert - silent hunter
7.Obet(narayan) - passive but hopefully magiging active digger... :)
8.Andy(s2kov of pdvd) - newest member of the expedition....

guys, i've already sent word to uncle steven na maraming darating na diggers on wednesday....hopefully, we can clear out a lot of things para mabawasan ng "kalat" yung flat for the contentment nung wife.... :) :D :lol:
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jbl4311 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Bayanihan spirit. Tulong tulong taylo linisin ang bahay ni uncle. Kukunin ko yung pinakamalaking kalat. M6000 :clap:
jbl4311
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jomar » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 am

georgepogi69 wrote:UPdate lang;

2.Robert - silent hunter
7.Obet(narayan) - passive but hopefully magiging active digger... :)

guys, i've already sent word to uncle steven na maraming darating na diggers on wednesday....hopefully, we can clear out a lot of things para mabawasan ng "kalat" yung flat for the contentment nung wife.... :) :D :lol:

George ,

Sama din ako kung makakalabas ako ng maaga sa office . Txt-txt nalang tayo .

Regards,
jhun
jomar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby BobT » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 am

wala na akong ride. huhuhu... makikibuhat na laang... :D
BobT
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby georgepogi69 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:48 pm

UPdate lang;

2.Robert - silent hunter
7.Obet(narayan) - passive but hopefully magiging active digger...
9.Jhun Lakay - the original hunter...

happy spring cleaning..... :) :D :D :lol:
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby iceman30 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:01 pm

mga sir nka pag shopping na ba kyo? :D
iceman30
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jbl4311 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 am

iceman30 wrote:mga sir nka pag shopping na ba kyo? :D

Pareng iceman, di pa. Sa wed pa. Balitaan kita.
jbl4311
Citizen
Citizen

Postby skeesix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:14 pm

[[size=85]size=85][size=85]
skeesix wrote:They just don't make them like this anymore! (Okay, they do, but today's MSRP on similar quality amplifiers/receivers is very expensive.) Essentially, the Sansui G9000DB -- delivers righteously clean power, beyond what the normal consumer will ever require, without breaking an electronic sweat. The analog tuner is of high quality, the pre-amp section is transparent, and even the most ineffecient speakers can be driven with ease. What else can you ask for... Its Top of the Line of the 70's and still is by specs of today. Outrageous power, glorious sound reproduction, excellent FM reception, and tank-like construction are the mantra of the day. It surpasses most "consumer electronics" available today.

I wanna hear a shoot-out between the Sansui G9000db and a High End Integrated amp of today. Game? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Lets do a shootout between the Sansui 9090 db and the G9000 db when my init arrives, using the LSA2s :) :) :)[/quote]

Had the luxury of a day off yesterday after working over the weekend. I decided to clean the Dolby and function rotary switches of the Sansui 9090db. The left or right channels had a tendency to cut out or produce statics. I sprayed WD40 and 3M contact cleaner on the switches and RCAs. The problems disappeared with a great improvement in SQ :) Care had to be taken so as not to soak the electronic parts with chemicals. These receivers are extremely heavy due the huge OPTs.
The 9090db I have is a new acquisition from Ebay USA after months of searching and failed bidding. The amp is extremely clean in and out with the states scent when in use. All functions are working, the FM antena holder is intact, and tunning mechanism pristine. This was my dream amp during the late 70s and 80s. My Sansui 7070 of that era is now on standby. ;)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby georgepogi69 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:36 am

georgepogi69 wrote:UPdate lang;

2.Robert - silent hunter
7.Obet(narayan) - passive but hopefully magiging active digger...
9.Jhun Lakay - the original hunter...

happy spring cleaning..... :) :D :D :lol:

guys, i'm really really sorry kung hindi tayo natuloy, i know a lot of us really wants to check out steven's cave....kaya lang medyo naging ma-drama ang matanda, bigla DAW siya na may lakad....i know a lot of us got disappointed ....a thousand and sincere apologies to Obet who travelled all the way to AMK mrt Hub.....

anyway, i'm still in contact with steven and our pinoy group have the first crack at his cool-lections if and when he becomes available again....I DO HOPE SOON!!!....

until the next time again!!!....
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kabubi » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:30 pm

poging George,

si Idol Caloy spare 2 win nagtatanong ng mga lungga na may mga audio and vinyl treasures. sawa na raw siya sa Adelphi, wala daw siyang makitang maganda dun :)
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby georgepogi69 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 am

kabubi wrote:poging George,

si Idol Caloy spare 2 win nagtatanong ng mga lungga na may mga audio and vinyl treasures. sawa na raw siya sa Adelphi, wala daw siyang makitang maganda dun :)

buboy, very sorry for the late reply, as for the audio treasures, as usual doon sa pinuntahan natin sa "bodega" along upper weld road...and for the vinyls naman eh ke mr.ong ng kapo factory....

curiosity got the better of me...got this 2 SS gears for a song, the kuya and the bunso, Pioneer A400 and A400x... :)

and I saw this very yummy and rare Marantz 2500 receiver from my suki tech repairman....the blue screen is what caught my eye...not for sale at the moment but who knows with a little push and a dose of "threat" baka bumigay... :lol: :D .... some links over the net, http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2500.html, http://www.vintageaudioonline.com/maran ... -receiver/
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby doasmarx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:53 pm

and I saw this very yummy and rare Marantz 2500 receiver from my suki tech repairman....the blue screen is what caught my eye...not for sale at the moment but who knows with a little push and a dose of "threat" baka bumigay... :lol: :D .... some links over the net, http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2500.html, http://www.vintageaudioonline.com/maran ... -receiver/
Image[/quote]

though it lacks the wooden cab still a very nice/highly sought after receiver. goes well with my 5200 tape deck
doasmarx
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rafael montalvo » Wed May 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Wow that Marantz 2500 looks awesome. I like its vintage look, it has character. I am sure it sounds good too.
rafael montalvo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby abiedoodles » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:31 am

My newly acquired Luxman poweramp M-120A Mark II (120w)and Luxman pre-amp C-120A
im surpriced! This is the kind of sound im looking for, big,lush and dynamic sound, perfect for rock music.
I always have sansui in my head but i got this instead i like it, hmmmmm ... i should go in this route.

abiedoodles
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rafael montalvo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 pm

I am a fan of Luxman too. I am keeping two of them - one L510 and SQ 505x (forever, until it is passed on to the next generation).
rafael montalvo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby edwin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:41 pm

abiedoodles wrote:My newly acquired Luxman poweramp M-120A Mark II (120w)and Luxman pre-amp C-120A
im surpriced! This is the kind of sound im looking for, big,lush and dynamic sound, perfect for rock music.
I always have sansui in my head but i got this instead i like it, hmmmmm ... i should go in this route.

Bro, you got a very nice amp beside there, the Rogers E-20 or E40?

Where did you score them? Heard them with the Sonus Faber Signum and they were a match made in heaven.
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Postby abiedoodles » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 pm

rafael montalvo wrote:I am a fan of Luxman too. I am keeping two of them - one L510 and SQ 505x (forever, until it is passed on to the next generation).

Rafael you got a nice 2 luxman integrateds, yes they are keepers,did you try recapping them? i think my luxman are 30 yrs old it is from 1980-83 according to thevintageknob.org
recapping them might last for another 30 yrs of use... :)

edwin wrote:Bro, you got a very nice amp beside there, the Rogers E-20 or E40?

Where did you score them? Heard them with the Sonus Faber Signum and they were a match made in heaven.

Thanks Edwin, yes its Rogers E-20... I got the Luxman here in bahrain from one indian which is leaving for good , He said he inherited this amps from his parents who worked here since the 80's.
abiedoodles
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to VINTAGE GEAR