Oh no! a Clearaudio!

vintage and modern toys of the old dog :-)

Moderator: vintage_dog

Postby sinar » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:59 pm

macolive wrote:
The upgrade bug bit me already but I've been able to ignore it..but with this thread...this bug is now gnawing away at me!

naku macolive lagot ka. it's an incurable bug pa naman :)
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby macolive » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:07 am

sinar wrote:macolive wrote:
The upgrade bug bit me already but I've been able to ignore it..but with this thread...this bug is now gnawing away at me!

I know! I know! :lol: :lol: :D :D :o :o :cry: :cry: :cry:

ihatejazz,

Why don't we call the club Clearaudio Rig Addicts of the Philippines (CRAP)! :lol: :lol:

Oops OT na yata. sorry VD.
macolive
Citizen
Citizen

Postby detubo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:40 am

macolive wrote:
sinar wrote:macolive wrote:

I know! I know! :lol: :lol: :D :D :o :o :cry: :cry: :cry:

ihatejazz,

Why don't we call the club Clearaudio Rig Addicts of the Philippines (CRAP)! :lol: :lol:

Oops OT na yata. sorry VD.

nothing wrong with that. parang TAE club lang yan
detubo
Master
Master

Postby ihatejazz » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:52 am

Trekked back yesterday to La Casa Vintage Dog for further tweaking. A bad case of rumble was part of the agenda and how to attack the problem.
The main culprit was the vibrapods. The soft material resting beneath the platform where the Champion was resting was the main cause of micro vibration while the ultra sensitive action of the uni pivot arm was aggravating the situation. Thanks to the watchful eyes of super analog junkie ArnoldC quickly suggested to remove said vibrapods. We had to re-adjust everything all over again most specially the azimuth which also contributed the the woofers shaking. The sound opened up all together. It was very satisfying.........gulping down brownie after brownie while listening. :D

Thanks for MVA who instructed VD on how to use his N.O.S. VPI 16.5 record cleaner. We were playing LPs that had not been cleaned for the longest time and sound quality surely improved tremendously.

Enter the Moving Coil. :)
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arnoldc » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:32 am

the ultimate analog pusher at work again! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby vintage_dog » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:12 pm

my TT afloat on a trio of clearaudio magix isolation....well, it really floats and it works!

champion table plus twister clamp, unify arm...denon DL103R -> CA symphono (on loan)
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ihatejazz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:19 pm

vintage_dog wrote:my TT afloat on a trio of clearaudio magix isolation....well, it really floats and it works!

champion table plus twister clamp, unify arm...denon DL103R -> CA symphono (on loan)

I like the way you did the Champ with the Magix, taking out the plastic feet. Maybe an eye-opener for other Champ users :wink: .......and you only need 3 pcs!
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:12 am

the motor atop a custom-made vintage ipilwood platform...
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby m_shoe_maker » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:59 pm

Updated picture naman of your front-end, VD. :)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:39 pm

sure. will post a picture as soon as i get the table on new stands/racks (on order) :-)

am pretty happy with my current analog gear - the CA champion magnum now atop four CA magix...koetsu rosewood on same CA unipivot arm with mandy's counterweights and Tonal lifter!

i recently added a CA syncro! with the CA basic phonostage and CA ICs, this rig makes some very good music, i really can't complain :-)

as a few have already discovered, there's good synergy with CA and the Koetsu! :wink:

next upgrade: the Tono fono!
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby m_shoe_maker » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:37 pm

Olrayt :!: :o
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby ichabod » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:16 am

Boy, I like the look of those handsome fishers, specially the one on top, that 101 model? Nice uncluttered looking fisher amp! Sorry V_D, am a square peg in a round hole when it comes to turnys. Maybe when I resurrect my languishing AR, I'll catch up with you guys. I can't stand always looking at the stylus tip for dirt from old records! God help me with what I'm missing you guys are enjoying!
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sinar » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:00 pm

ichabod, it's just a phone call away to ihatejazz for a record cleaner machine and you'll be enjoying what we're enjoying :)
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:49 pm

Yup, lots of cleaning machines to choose from. :) VPI, Clearaudio, Nitty Gritty. :o
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Previous

Return to / VD's doghouse \