Dynaco Pas3 preamp

Dynaco Pas3 preamp

Postby cia » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:07 am

Is there a website I can download a Pas3 preamp manual?

There is a selector switch to the upper right side of the volume control. What does that selector do or how do they affect the sound? TIA
cia
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Dynaco Pas3 preamp

Postby Fourplay » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:23 am

Bro, try this link http://www.curcioaudio.com/pas_mnl.pdf

I hope this helps. :)
Fourplay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby alexg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:24 am

My manual says "A blend control, a unique Dynaco feature, permits controllable reduction of the sterephonic effec tin order to eliminate any possibility of a "hole in the middle" which characterizes some types of stereophonic source material."

So the first detent of the control will be normal stereo, the second is narrower and the third is the narrowest sterephonic effect. The fourt detent is mono which is derived as the sum of the A & B channels, next position is A channel mono output and the last position is B channel mono output (The mono signal is outputted on both RCA outpus at the back).

Fire me a PM with your email addy, and I will send you a pdf copy of the manual. HTH.
alexg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby alexg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:27 am

It is the same manual that Fourplay posted.

The complete explanation for that selector, called "Blend Switch" by Dynaco is on page 4.
alexg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby cia » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Fourplay and Alexq,

Thanks for the help. Have downloaded the Manual. I am very happy with the sound I am getting from this vintage preamp. It seems to synergize quite well with my Dynaco Mk 3.

CIA
cia
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Fourplay » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:17 pm

cia wrote:Fourplay and Alexq,

Thanks for the help. Have downloaded the Manual. I am very happy with the sound I am getting from this vintage preamp. It seems to synergize quite well with my Dynaco Mk 3.

CIA

Great! I'm currently using it with my Dynaco ST-35 and it, too, sounds fabulous. :)
Fourplay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to DYNACO