st35 (dynaco's best sounding amp)

st35 (dynaco's best sounding amp)

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:24 pm

this just ended at ebay with only a few bids, thus sold at reasonable price...

i got lucky and won it! :D
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KD » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:37 pm

Mr V_D:

Congratulations. Looks like a real beauty. Are the wood end panels part o the original design?

You seem to have some experience with eBay. How safe has it been to ship equipment across the ocean?
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby vintage_dog » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:49 am

KD wrote:Mr V_D:

Congratulations. Looks like a real beauty. Are the wood end panels part o the original design?

You seem to have some experience with eBay. How safe has it been to ship equipment across the ocean?

actually, i have the items shipped to a relative in California and he consolidates them into a balikyan box and eventually ships them to me here in Manila
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mozilla » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:34 am

KD wrote:Mr V_D:

So far, shipping has been reliable for me (knock on wood) and some other guys I know who buy stauff off ebay. Check the seller's feedback and guage how well he responds to your email inquiries.
mozilla

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:02 pm

vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Re: st35 (dynaco's best sounding amp)

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:29 pm

this amp has now been transformed into something truly awesome...

i'll have the audiomaster (Rene Rivo) narrate what he has done with it!!!

this amp now finds a new audiophile home :)
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mozilla » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:01 am

I saw it last Saturday & it's a beaut! Parinig naman
mozilla

Postby vintage_dog » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:01 am

i think rene has it playing in his shop now. give it a listen before it's picked-up by it's new owner (no longer me)...
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tnt » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:50 pm

I agree that the ST35 really sounds sweet. I got one with the original intention of reselling it at ebay but when I found out that it was rather rare and also listened to it, I decided to keep it. I'm sure a DIYer could make one as all parts can be ordered including the circuit board and replacement transformers.
tnt
Citizen
Citizen

Postby audiobuds » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:39 am

I've seen this one at e-bay & attached seller's description of the amp. Any comment on this?

Here it is Boy's and Girl's --- No Reserve Auction-- dynakit stereo 35 - Dynaco ST-35 - vintage tube amplifier.. It has orginal PA774 Power Transfomer,The earliest power transformer was made in the USA and had the part number PA 774. Later versions were manufactured in Japan. This Amp Has orginal Z565 output Trannies. The earliest output transformers have the number Z 565 stamped on them. SEE this site for all info about this amp. http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/dynaco-st35_e.html Another very informative site related to the Baby Dynaco is http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/components/ST35/ This Amp will be delievered to the winning bidder in its Completely Stock unmolested orginal condition. As I said it has its orginal PA774 and its Z565's Winning Bidder also gets the orginal Dynaco 6BQ5/EL84's and orginal 7247's which I Tested on my Accurate Instrument Co. Inc. Model 151 Tube Tester..All tubes tested good and matched readings pretty close , with plenty of life left...The Tube Cage is Perfect no scratches or dents.This Amp is Plug and Play. I'm Listening to it as I type this ad. I will inform winning bidder of actual shipping costs
thanks!
audiobuds
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tnt » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:56 pm

I'm not sure whether those yellow caps?/resistors? are original. Mine didn't have those nor the one at tnt-audio. The rest seems pretty much original including the power cord. I've replaced my speaker connectors, rca's and power cord. The power cord (belden 83802), based on one of j. risch designs, provided a huge improvement. Soundstage was bigger and definitely tighter and punchier bass.
tnt
Citizen
Citizen

Postby audiobuds » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:09 pm

tnt, thanks for your comment.

I've only heard this amp once and it was later version. No intention to go for this one due to limited budget.

audiobuds
audiobuds
Citizen
Citizen

Return to DYNACO